[WIP][All-IN-ONE] English translation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Translations] [WIP][All-IN-ONE] English translation

Hello folks, this is the main thread for the English translation project and anyone is welcome to join us!
    This translation uses the UI Translation Loader and to install the translation just extract in the game folder.
    Have fun!~

If you want to participate in the translation process:
    - read the technical For translators Spoiler in the UI Translation Loader thread,
    - read the Concept Spoiler bellow that will explain some of the key features of the translation process

Download
    Translation Pack: download [22-12-16]
    Project Source: GitHub (download)

Concept
    Spoiler
    We will have two (2) modalities of translation in three (3) categories this time:

MODALITIES
    - Automatic - using any kind of machine to translate
    - Manual - doing yourself the translation

CATEGORIES
    - Audio - transcribing audio files, contains subtitles for the dialog
    - Image - image files (dds, png, tga), contains buttons and popups
    - Text - text files (txt), contains dialog and menus

AUDIO
    You need to transcribe the game audio to Japanese and if possible to translate them following the basic rule of content and naming files below.
    Spoiler
    Startup
    Run the game once.
    Open the file "Plugins\UITranslation\Translation.ini" with notepad.
    Change "bFindAudio=False" to "bFindAudio=True". This will allow you to see debug information and capture all the game's audio you find.
    The files created by the UITL (UI Translation Loader) are called base files.
    Please do not use the base files to translate, instead you need to cut the lines and place them into a new file following the rules below.

Audio Files Directory
    All the game text translation goes into "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelect\Audio" folder
    and all the studio text translation goes into "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelectStudio\Audio " folder.

Files Name
    The name of the files are based on the meaning of the translation inside of that file.
    So if we have translations for the dialog and the translations refers to a character like Sitri then the file name is "Dialogue_Sitri".

Leveled Files
    We use numbers in the file's name to tell the level where that text can be found like "Dialogue_Common.5.txt" and "Dialogue_Sitri.5.txt".
    Note that both uses the same number, meaning that they all come from the base file (ADV.5.txt) created by the plugin, ADV whose level number is 5.

Global Files
    If a text that has the same translation, same size and same meaning can be found and used in more then one place then we remove the number.

Comments
    Leave comments inside the files explaining the content of the file.
    Comments lines start with // just like below:
    // This line is a comment

You need to edit images as close as the game original following the basic rule of directory setup (see Image Files Directory), cleaning their contents and if possible to translate them.
    Also if possible you can create the image settings for replacement (see Image Setup).
    Spoiler
    Startup
    Backup both the "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelectTrial\Image\ HoneySelect_XX.ini" files by changing their names. You will use this backup to place your image settings later.
    Run the game once.
    Change "bFindImage=False" to "bFindImage=True". This will allow you to see debug information and capture all the game's image you find.
    The settings for the captured images goes into here: "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelectTrial\Image\ HoneySelect_XX.ini".
    Please do not use the settings captured by UITL (UI Translation Loader) without making some cleaning first (see Image Setup).
    Note: where XX is 32 or 64.

Image Files Directory
    All the game images goes into "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelect\Image" folder. Recreate the directory structure where you found that image like "abdata\Tutorial\Sprite\00.unity3d".
    So if we have a tutorial image its directory will be: "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelect\Image\ abdata\Tutorial\Sprite\00.unity3d\hs_tuto_00.png"

Image Setup
    The UITL (UI Translation Loader) will try to find that image on its own but the better approach is to do yourself. Why? This avoids conflicts between images with the same name.
    Open the game and go to all places where the game uses that image so the plugin can capture your image's settings then
    open both the "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelectTrial\Image\ HoneySelect_XX.ini" file and only copy all the entries for your image to the backup file you made before starting.
    If you do not want to use the backup method, remove all unused settings and let the file clean.
    You can:
    - space some lines to separate the images.
    - let the UITL load the original image by using fake paths like: sPath=-none-

Note: You are not required to create the settings for the images but your work will not be merged to the main project until someone creates it.

TEXT
    You need to translate the game text following the basic rule of content and naming files below.
    Spoiler
    Startup
    Run the game once.
    Change "bFindText=False" to "bFindText=True". This will allow you to see debug information and capture all the game's text you find.
    The files created by the UITL (UI Translation Loader) are called base files.
    Please do not use the base files to translate, instead you need to cut the lines and place them into a new file following the rules below.

Text Files Directory
    All the game text translation goes into "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelect\Text" folder
    and all the studio text translation goes into "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelectStudio\Text" folder.

Files Name
    The name of the files are based on the meaning of the translation inside of that file.
    So if we have translations for the dialog and the translations refers to a character like Sitri then the file name is "Dialogue_Sitri".

Leveled Files
    We use numbers in the file's name to tell the level where that text can be found like "Dialogue_Common.5.txt" and "Dialogue_Sitri.5.txt".
    Note that both uses the same number, meaning that they all come from the base file (ADV.5.txt) created by the plugin, ADV whose level number is 5.

Global Files
    If a text that has the same translation, same size and same meaning can be found and used in more then one place then we remove the number.

Comments
    Leave comments inside the files explaining the content of the file.
    Comments lines start with // just like below:
    // This line is a comment

SHARING YOUR WORK
    Spoiler
    Compact only the files you modified or the whole folder.
    You can rename the compacted file with a date, you can also add time or versioning like:
    "Character_Translation_v1-251016-0215PM.rar"
    Note that if you do not add time stamps then your post time stamps will be used instead.
    Later they will be merged into the main translation project in the opening post with credits to you.
    Last edited by akyryz; 05-12-2017, 10:38 AM.

reserved post...

Comment

Hi,

I started with the translation of the character maker and the studio. It still misses a lot of item translations, though it's probably better than nothing..
      I will add more items over the weekend, if I find some time.

Oh, and a question: I saw that any file under Text gets read and used. Do the predicted files (studio.1.txt, CustomScene.20.txt and so on.) get tested first for a translation for their context? (i.e. look in studio.1.txt for The Studio, and only use translations from other files, if there is no translation in it.)
      Or is the order in which the files are read random, and the last translation (if multiple translations exists for the same string) is used?

Text-Translation-CharMaker+Studio_0.1.zip

Comment

• akyryz
        akyryz commented
        Editing a comment
        hey thanks! latter i will merge your translation to the main one.

load order? set sFindText to True, launch the game and check the 'Translation.log' file with notepad.
        the translation order follows first the files with number then without. give a check on 'FILE TYPE', 'LOAD ORDER' and 'TRANSLATION ORDER' at the UITL thread for more info.
        Last edited by akyryz; 09-09-2016, 05:03 PM.

load order? set sFindText to True, launch the game and check the 'Translation.log' file with notepad.
      the translation order follows first the files with number then without. give a check on 'FILE TYPE', 'LOAD ORDER' and 'TRANSLATION ORDER' at the UITL thread for more info.
      Ah, thanks. I will look into it.

Here is a small update of the translation..
      Text-Translation-CharMaker+Studio-0.2.zip

Comment

Text translation doesn't work for me for some reason. Used latest UITv14.

Comment

• akyryz
          akyryz commented
          Editing a comment
          reinstall Lewton translation.

i got all the images that needs to be translated organized for the UITL into a 9MB file. i will upload soon somehow...

Comment

Hongfire doing Problems for me, i'm hardly can navigate inside the site.
          "Illusion Company" Fan since 2007

Comment

• KingRexTan
            KingRexTan commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here. It feels like, whenever I am in HongFire, Quicksilver is running around with Time in the Bottle playing in the background.

My translation standalone mod, not completed, but very good for me.

Total 2844 Translation Text (309 not translated).
          Total 38 Translation Textures.
          Total 10 Audio Subtitles.

Install:
          1. Require last game version with last updates.
          2. Extract archive to game root folder with overwrite all files.
          3. Start game.

Command-line switches:
          -console : Enable console of translation mod (for debug).
          -debug : Enable debug mode, this collects all game text and saving to text file(s) in "uEngine/Translation/Text"

In debug mode: Use F5 in game for reload translation text and images.

In-game hotkeys:
          Insert : Toggle simple cheat menu.

[Download (v1.0.4.1062)]
          Last update: 13.09.2016
          Last edited by Breaker; 09-13-2016, 12:21 AM.
          My PC: Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4, Mid-Tower Thermaltake M9
          Intel Core2Duo E8600 (3,3GHz, 6Mb, FSB-1333), Cooler Thermaltake Blue Orb-II
          512Mb Palit Radeon HD4870 Sonic Dual Edition (RV770, 750MHz/3800MHz, 256bit)
          2Gb Dual DDR2 OCZ Reaper HPC OCZ2RPR10661G (5-5-5-15@333MHz)
          My Hobby: Delphi 7, PHP, Olly Debugger, Ultima Online (Sphere Server 0.56b).

Comment

• Breaker
            Breaker commented
            Editing a comment
            No, it's standalone mod.

• Praxis459
            Praxis459 commented
            Editing a comment
            Think this mega link is broken can you repost?

• dtg22559
            dtg22559 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry I am a NOOB. But I only need to drag and drop it? just like that?!

all the image data i could find (HS Image Data) works with UITL v0.15

Comment

Here's some of the UI images translated. Thanks to akyryz for the images

Download:
            https://mega.nz/#!vdNAhSxD!MncXUPhdN...ntAI_jdDTMO-uE

I've done what I can for now, but a couple of images still need to be translated and the ini file definitely needs some organizing.

The more important images that still need translating are:
            Spoiler

sharedassets4 \ SpriteAtlasTexture-sp_09-1024x1024-fmt5-ARGB32
            sharedassets9 \ SpriteAtlasTexture-sp_07_a-1024x1024-fmt5-ARGB32
            sharedassets9 \ SpriteAtlasTexture-sp_07_a-2048x2048-fmt5-ARGB32
            sharedassets14 \ SpriteAtlasTexture-H (Group 0)-1024x2048-fmt5-ARGB32

Comment

• akyryz
              akyryz commented
              Editing a comment
              hey man, you're doing a great work, thanks!
              if you got the settings working then its fine, dont worry.
              ah, foxxyswords added some for H-Scene on AS also.

• SnakeMFK
              SnakeMFK commented
              Editing a comment
              good job, man
              little mistake. in option file SpriteAtlasTexture-sp_11_08-1024x1024-fmt5-ARGB32.tga must be "Girls won't faint when exhausted"

• psymon2
              psymon2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. I'll make the correction.

- Added support for Photoshop PSD file (8bits RGB with or without only one alpha layer)

Comment

Update for the text translation (character maker and studio): added item translations and small improvements. (still missing some item translations for swimsuits and male stuff.)

Text-Translation-CharMaker+Studio-0.3.zip

Comment

How do i install the translations or this is just for the people that do translations?

Comment

• Lavalamp22
                  Lavalamp22 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Usually when installing translations you will have a Plugins folder inside the zip file. Simply drag and drop it into your game directory. and it should go fine.

I noticed that there is an extra "Image" and "Text" folder in the UITranslation directory. Is there a reason for those being there, out of curiosity?

Thanks for the translations, so far! Keep up the good work!
                Last edited by tmvaegis; 09-11-2016, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zherot View Post
                  How do i install the translations or this is just for the people that do translations?
                  Extract the latest UI Translation loader (UITranslation.v0.15.0-HoneySelect or whatever the latest is) into the game folder, extract the latest Text-Translation-CharMaker+Studio (from this post) and also extract the latest image translation from psymon2.

Updated text translation for character maker + studio: the character maker seems to be complete now (except for the accessory slot names in the menu, which require a RegEx.)
                  Text-Translation-CharMaker+Studio-0.4.zip

Comment

Working...
                  X