[WIP][All-IN-ONE] English translation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SenorBella View Post
    machine translated dialog Active personality, tried to figure out some Japanese idioms and also got bored so i goofed some stuff but since it took 4 hours I hope I will be forgiven for this feeble effort. my first post:
    I am definitely replacing mine with yours, as I sheepishly realize that Oniisan is an honorific that does *not* necessarily mean "older brother". LOL! Well, choose your kink I guess. *grin*

Comment

• Hi again. I hand translated the first half of the "active" dialogue script. I put in Amano Jyaku's machine translations for the half that I didn't do so you don't have to copy them in yourself. Hopefully I'll get the 2nd half done eventually

If people don't want machine translation in there you can go half way down and delete the bottom half.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Zanti; 01-10-2017, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• transcastle
        transcastle commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello, Thanks for putting these translations together, but I'm not sure how to use this type of file. Usually the translation files have something like #sub "ha_10_001" on each line so that it properly replaces the text when using that string, how do I use these files which only have the Japanese and English in them? (こんにちは、はじめまして! = Hey there, nice to meet you!)

EDIT: durr, figured it out, these go in "Text" folder vs the "Audio" folder.
        Last edited by transcastle; 01-17-2017, 08:52 AM.

• I've been toying with my Diligent personality "wishlation" (wish fulfillment translation) and although I will finish it at some point, it's got quite a bit more color than the machine translation on it's own does, so I thought I would share. It's heavily editorialized (although it's all based on machine translation values for the most part, at least where I could make heads or tails out of what the raw translation said) and somewhat playtested. Certain sections are still machine translation, while others are fully "wished". I will be applying my creative writing eye to all values, hopefully in the next week or so and will post an updated file then.

Be aware, this is Westernized (as Amano Jyaku mentioned) and is gonna be a bit more...dirty? Real? Whatever.

Edit: forgot to mention you don't need to create a Diligent character if you don't want to, you can get a lot of the flavor of this from H with Sitri as she uses this audio file.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by transcastle; 01-11-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Well I agonized over posting machine translations but I really like all the followup contributions. Thanks for the c09.txt, that's my new diligent/staff text, and it's one of my favorite personalities.

Okay, that's awesome. Looking at the join dates & post counts in this thread, HoneySelect is bringing everyone out to the party. This game drew me out as well, that's around the time I first registered after lurking for years, and haven't posted until now.

Comment

• transcastle
          transcastle commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha, yep, been lurking for a long time, never could really help out with any of the other Modding/Translation projects as easily I can with HS. Additionally HS is probably my favorite Illusion game (and I've played them all) to date.

• How exactly do all the individual translations get compiled together? And how close is the game to being translated in full?

Comment

• Amano Jyaku
          Amano Jyaku commented
          Editing a comment
          The latest burst of activity has translated everything except for a few missed phrases, but the big question is for Lewton and how he would like to present the full translation. Ideally a Japanese speaker would translate everything, but without that we have edited machine translations and personal interpretations of unfamiliar Japanese idioms. Translations are starting to have different "flavors," which I think it pretty cool but makes it harder to present "one" single package.

• Senketsu
          Senketsu commented
          Editing a comment
          So at that point will it be definitively finished or will edits still be made? Like will parts of the different "flavors" be considered?

• I keep running into a small sub-set of strings which I don't see in the translation bundle files, e.g.

#sub "hs_10_001_07"
        #sub "hs_10_001_10"
        #sub "hs_10_001_06"
        #sub "hs_10_501_03"

These look to be interpositional comments of some kind (like going from insert to service) and based on the naming convention, I would expect them to be in in my c09.txt file (since all "h*_10_*" entries are in there), but they are not present. Has anybody come across where these are located so we can extract the text for running through at least machine translation?

Comment

• Originally posted by transcastle View Post
          I keep running into a small sub-set of strings which I don't see in the translation bundle files, e.g.

#sub "hs_10_001_07"
          #sub "hs_10_001_10"
          #sub "hs_10_001_06"
          #sub "hs_10_501_03"

These look to be interpositional comments of some kind (like going from insert to service) and based on the naming convention, I would expect them to be in in my c09.txt file (since all "h*_10_*" entries are in there), but they are not present. Has anybody come across where these are located so we can extract the text for running through at least machine translation?
          Are those the untranslated initial phrases, the first thing they say on a given position? It drives me nuts that those aren't translated. If it's not in \abdata\studio\list\voice\path\00.unity3d and 01.unity3d, then I'm not sure where they'd be-- I see subsets in that file but not beyond _01 or _02.

The only other place where I've found those segments defined, is in \abdata\list\h\00.unity3d in the personality_start_voice segments; but there's no untranslated strings involved, it's all just a matrix of numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amano Jyaku View Post

Are those the untranslated initial phrases, the first thing they say on a given position? It drives me nuts that those aren't translated. If it's not in \abdata\studio\list\voice\path\00.unity3d and 01.unity3d, then I'm not sure where they'd be-- I see subsets in that file but not beyond _01 or _02.

The only other place where I've found those segments defined, is in \abdata\list\h\00.unity3d in the personality_start_voice segments; but there's no untranslated strings involved, it's all just a matrix of numbers.
            They are definitely in here

\abdata\sound\data\pcm\c**\h\00.unity3d

Or at least I'm almost positive. I can see when opening the file using Notepad++ (SublimeText gives me the hex readout like you're seeing) that it references both a value, and an associated sound file (there are 10 expected values for a search for "hs_10_001_" but 20 results, 10 point to .wav files, the other 10 have unintellegible characters after them, but a few chars show and they are western like "?" and "!"). Unfortunately the output is garbled, so whomever did the original scrape that was needed to create the initial set of .txt files would need to also grab the values from each 00.unity3d for each personality. Then they could be added to the text replace files. Not sure who did the initial leg work though to get those first exports? Or if someone knows how to get those files to property show? I can separate out if someone can point me in the right direction.

Comment

• You have double results because the name of an AudioClip asset is stored in the asset itself and also inside the AssetBundle asset. The hit ending with .wav is the entry in the AssetBundle asset.

Sb3UGS lists these prefabs in the second list when you click "Dump AssetBundle" from the file's Options menu.

Comment

• enimaroah thanks for the reply, I attempted to open \abdata\sound\data\pcm\c09\h\00.unity3d using Sb3UGS and got "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Unsupported Unity3d file". Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree and the text version of the sounds is not within \abdata\sound\data\pcm\c09\h\00.unity3d ?

EDIT: nevermind, was indeed able to open the file from a backed up version, I must have corrupted it in my attempts to crack the first file. Now at least I have the file open and don't see any of the text yet, but I'll keep poking around.
                Last edited by transcastle; 01-12-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Amano Jyaku you were way ahead of me, I see what you were saying now. Indeed those references I found don't seem to pan out. Weirdly enough Illusion DID include those values for the recently added Active personality within 01.unity3d it looks like, so at least I can take those and apply to the other personalities. I'm guessing the weird unintelligible characters are just part of the code needed to reference the sound file correctly. I will move forward with attempting to retroactively apply the Active values so at least it's not dead air.

Comment

• Spoiler
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	DumpAssetBundle.jpg Views:	1 Size:	190.9 KB ID:	5754396

It is of no use for you as these *.wav strings are part of the "inventory" (technically the AssetBundle asset). The name is created by Unity Editor, because the developer has a project with an assets folder. And in that assets folder is the sound file, e.g. assets/assetbundle/pcm/c09/00/ha_10_001.wav. But in your installation there is no such folder and file; it was just the origin at compile time.
                    Last edited by enimaroah; 01-13-2017, 02:21 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

• transcastle
                      transcastle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You are spot on sir

• After reading all those posts, i haven't managed to make the translation work.
                    This is the 1st time i had trouble with a simple mod in a game
                    I installed UITranslation v0.16.0 to main game folder, then the latest HoneySelect-Translation,29-10-16.7z but the game still in Japanese

Can someone help please?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by valasis View Post
                      After reading all those posts, i haven't managed to make the translation work.
                      This is the 1st time i had trouble with a simple mod in a game
                      I installed UITranslation v0.16.0 to main game folder, then the latest HoneySelect-Translation,29-10-16.7z but the game still in Japanese

Can someone help please?
                      I too had trouble getting the initial setup working, what I suggest is to start with the MF Patch (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...atch-emf-patch) which will get you correctly configured up front. It will probably include some old files, but once you have the basic framework in place you can find and replace assets more easily without trying to figure out folder structures, etc. Once you run the patch just fire up the patched .exe and you should see English sub-titles.

Once you have that in, just take the same files you downloaded already and replace what's there with newer versions, eventually I'm sure someone will put out a new ZIP of all the latest translations. That being said pretty much everything is translated except for the Audio files being mostly just machine, but hey, that's better than what we used to get playing Illusion games, right?

Edit: "Join Date: Feb 2006 Posts: 2" also you have me beat in the "lurker coming out of the shadows" category, nice work.

Comment

• Originally posted by transcastle View Post

I too had trouble getting the initial setup working, what I suggest is to start with the MF Patch (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...atch-emf-patch) which will get you correctly configured up front. It will probably include some old files, but once you have the basic framework in place you can find and replace assets more easily without trying to figure out folder structures, etc. Once you run the patch just fire up the patched .exe and you should see English sub-titles.

Once you have that in, just take the same files you downloaded already and replace what's there with newer versions, eventually I'm sure someone will put out a new ZIP of all the latest translations. That being said pretty much everything is translated except for the Audio files being mostly just machine, but hey, that's better than what we used to get playing Illusion games, right?

Edit: "Join Date: Feb 2006 Posts: 2" also you have me beat in the "lurker coming out of the shadows" category, nice work.
                        lol true story
                        I already tried MF Patch (all mods work except translations), next i tried EMF Patch (same results)
                        This thing is driving me crazy, it's just a simple copy paste action but can't make it to work
                        Last edited by valasis; 01-13-2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X