[WIP][All-IN-ONE] Honey Select English Translation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Translations] [WIP][All-IN-ONE] Honey Select English Translation

Hello folks, this is the main thread for the English translation project and anyone is welcome to join us!
    This translation uses the UI Translation Loader and to install the translation just extract in the game folder.
    Have fun!~

If you want to participate in the translation process:
    - read the technical For translators Spoiler in the UI Translation Loader thread,
    - read the Concept Spoiler bellow that will explain some of the key features of the translation process

Download - Outdated!
    Spoiler

Translation Pack: download [22-12-16]
    Project Source: GitHub (download)

Current information and download is continued here from Brimstone Omega

Concept
    Spoiler
    We will have two (2) modalities of translation in three (3) categories this time:

MODALITIES
    - Automatic - using any kind of machine to translate
    - Manual - doing yourself the translation

CATEGORIES
    - Audio - transcribing audio files, contains subtitles for the dialog
    - Image - image files (dds, png, tga), contains buttons and popups
    - Text - text files (txt), contains dialog and menus

AUDIO
    You need to transcribe the game audio to Japanese and if possible to translate them following the basic rule of content and naming files below.
    Spoiler
    Startup
    Run the game once.
    Open the file "Plugins\UITranslation\Translation.ini" with notepad.
    Change "bFindAudio=False" to "bFindAudio=True". This will allow you to see debug information and capture all the game's audio you find.
    The files created by the UITL (UI Translation Loader) are called base files.
    Please do not use the base files to translate, instead you need to cut the lines and place them into a new file following the rules below.

Audio Files Directory
    All the game text translation goes into "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelect\Audio" folder
    and all the studio text translation goes into "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelectStudio\Audio " folder.

Files Name
    The name of the files are based on the meaning of the translation inside of that file.
    So if we have translations for the dialog and the translations refers to a character like Sitri then the file name is "Dialogue_Sitri".

Leveled Files
    We use numbers in the file's name to tell the level where that text can be found like "Dialogue_Common.5.txt" and "Dialogue_Sitri.5.txt".
    Note that both uses the same number, meaning that they all come from the base file (ADV.5.txt) created by the plugin, ADV whose level number is 5.

Global Files
    If a text that has the same translation, same size and same meaning can be found and used in more then one place then we remove the number.

Comments
    Leave comments inside the files explaining the content of the file.
    Comments lines start with // just like below:
    // This line is a comment

You need to edit images as close as the game original following the basic rule of directory setup (see Image Files Directory), cleaning their contents and if possible to translate them.
    Also if possible you can create the image settings for replacement (see Image Setup).
    Spoiler
    Startup
    Backup both the "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelectTrial\Image\ HoneySelect_XX.ini" files by changing their names. You will use this backup to place your image settings later.
    Run the game once.
    Change "bFindImage=False" to "bFindImage=True". This will allow you to see debug information and capture all the game's image you find.
    The settings for the captured images goes into here: "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelectTrial\Image\ HoneySelect_XX.ini".
    Please do not use the settings captured by UITL (UI Translation Loader) without making some cleaning first (see Image Setup).
    Note: where XX is 32 or 64.

Image Files Directory
    All the game images goes into "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelect\Image" folder. Recreate the directory structure where you found that image like "abdata\Tutorial\Sprite\00.unity3d".
    So if we have a tutorial image its directory will be: "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelect\Image\ abdata\Tutorial\Sprite\00.unity3d\hs_tuto_00.png"

Image Setup
    The UITL (UI Translation Loader) will try to find that image on its own but the better approach is to do yourself. Why? This avoids conflicts between images with the same name.
    Open the game and go to all places where the game uses that image so the plugin can capture your image's settings then
    open both the "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelectTrial\Image\ HoneySelect_XX.ini" file and only copy all the entries for your image to the backup file you made before starting.
    If you do not want to use the backup method, remove all unused settings and let the file clean.
    You can:
    - space some lines to separate the images.
    - let the UITL load the original image by using fake paths like: sPath=-none-

Note: You are not required to create the settings for the images but your work will not be merged to the main project until someone creates it.

TEXT
    You need to translate the game text following the basic rule of content and naming files below.
    Spoiler
    Startup
    Run the game once.
    Change "bFindText=False" to "bFindText=True". This will allow you to see debug information and capture all the game's text you find.
    The files created by the UITL (UI Translation Loader) are called base files.
    Please do not use the base files to translate, instead you need to cut the lines and place them into a new file following the rules below.

Text Files Directory
    All the game text translation goes into "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelect\Text" folder
    and all the studio text translation goes into "Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelectStudio\Text" folder.

Files Name
    The name of the files are based on the meaning of the translation inside of that file.
    So if we have translations for the dialog and the translations refers to a character like Sitri then the file name is "Dialogue_Sitri".

Leveled Files
    We use numbers in the file's name to tell the level where that text can be found like "Dialogue_Common.5.txt" and "Dialogue_Sitri.5.txt".
    Note that both uses the same number, meaning that they all come from the base file (ADV.5.txt) created by the plugin, ADV whose level number is 5.

Global Files
    If a text that has the same translation, same size and same meaning can be found and used in more then one place then we remove the number.

Comments
    Leave comments inside the files explaining the content of the file.
    Comments lines start with // just like below:
    // This line is a comment

SHARING YOUR WORK
    Spoiler
    Compact only the files you modified or the whole folder.
    You can rename the compacted file with a date, you can also add time or versioning like:
    "Character_Translation_v1-251016-0215PM.rar"
    Note that if you do not add time stamps then your post time stamps will be used instead.
    Later they will be merged into the main translation project in the opening post with credits to you.
    Last edited by enimaroah; 06-03-2017, 10:56 AM.

• Well I dont know whats up with Hongfire now but I uploaded the file to Sendspace, but this link should stop working around October 10th
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/zsy2dg

Comment

• Hunterrod,
      the biggest allowed files in the past were .7z archives. We used that even for exe files which were simply renamed with the wrong extension.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Hunterrod
        Hunterrod commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for the tip, but did hongfire change the maximum size of txt files ? I had no problem in the past (a few days ago) uploading this exact same file which hasnt changes in size and now it suddenly doesnt work anymore ?

• HF must have had a change lately. I now see FPs again on every page. But I haven't seen any message about this change.

For testing purposes I added the same file again as *.txt and it seems to work. No idea.

Comment

• Brimstone Omega
        Brimstone Omega commented
        Editing a comment
        That might be helpful, the first post showing up thing, in this thread at least. Even though you fixed it up, people still have trouble finding the new translation post for some reason. I think they just go to the last page without reading anything and ask why things aren't translated, then we point them to page 26 and never hear from them again, lol.

• So, Brimstone Omega & @Hunterrod-- next steps I assume are to fold in the machine language (Bing maybe?) segments into the audio translations and provide those... Or do the segments need to be edited and massaged first?

Just wondering where we should focus efforts, I think if they're all in one then it would be easier to work with the "tone" of each dialogue set, and folks can get their hands on complete sets sooner than later, even if they're occasionally nonsense.

I think that's pretty much how it was done pre-Party DLC; the complete machine language files were offered and then improved over time.
      Last edited by Amano Jyaku; 09-09-2017, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Hunterrod
        Hunterrod commented
        Editing a comment
        I am just a translator, i dont know about the organizational stuff.

Anyways, I have been meaning to ask, are you using the regular bing translator or the neural network one ?

• Amano Jyaku
        Amano Jyaku commented
        Editing a comment
        It's all the same according to https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/tra...ech-languages/. The neural net is integrated into all their translation services. The feature list of the soimort translate-shell bears this out as well, there's no separate feature request for it. Systrans is doing a neural net as well, maybe that eventually will be better when it adds that engine.

I suspect you're asking because it's crappy-- I noticed that too. Bing neural seems to be more accurate than Google for the easy stuff, but way more whacked than Google for the hard stuff, throwing in all the animal references and nonsense words. The Google translations are at least consistently bad; in my opinion it seems easier to work with.

• Hunterrod
        Hunterrod commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah I wasnt complaining about your machine translations, I was just curious, I haven't even looked at them too closely to be honest since I am still busy finishing up C12, which is almost done... but its gonna need some reworking here and there.

• The laziness of people is what regs frustrate. That's why I asked HongFire for that FP repetition feature as soon as he had updated the board software and asked for old missing features. But because of those heavy connection problems it was deactivated along with others for a while. I guess he will count complaints now and compare the number with the complaints before. Let's hope that this feature was not the reason for the trouble.

Please let me know if I should emphasize the hint in the FP or if I can help with anything else.

Comment

• Brimstone Omega
        Editing a comment
        I think your hint is pretty self explanatory, people just don't even bother reading, and you've helped immensely with these translations. If you hadn't shown me how to use regular expressions in Notepad it would take me hours just to extract the text from the game. Pointing people to page 26 every once in a while isn't too big of a deal, and even if your hint was in giant flashing text I think those that miss it now would still miss seeing it, because they didn't even look in the first place.

• Question: is there a way to disable the floating text translation that occurs during H events? The text at the top-center of the screen.

Comment

• Brimstone Omega
        Editing a comment
        Go into Honey Select/Plugins/UITranslations/Honey Select/ Audio. Those Text files are the floating subtitles. Either delete them, or move them from that folder.

• cogwheel
        cogwheel commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

• Does anyone have an idea as why this is showing untranslated in my game?

If I manually replace the image in sharedassets3 using SB3UGS (SpriteAtlasTexture-sp_10-1024x2048-fmt5), it then shows fine.

Last edited by unmei220; 09-10-2017, 03:46 PM.
      AG3: New Map Compilation / Map addons & extras / Main house paintings
      @HM: Story translation
      AA1: Romanized names

Comment

• Brimstone Omega
        Editing a comment
        I just went though all the translated images and none of those item ones have the selection box translated, so no, you are not the only one experiencing it, lol. I've never actually used any of those items, so I didn't even know that they were missing. If you want, would you mind sharing your fixed images (and maybe the shared assets folder number they go into, would save me having to dig around in the files) and we can get them in the AIO so that part will be fixed?

• unmei220
        unmei220 commented
        Editing a comment
        The file needed is already included in the translation... but for some reason UI Translation Loader doesn't display the items part ONLY.
        If you look at the image I mention below, you'll see that all the other entries in the image shows up correctly in the game, like "Go to female Character Maker?", "Go to male Character Maker?", etc.

It's the file "HoneySelect\Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelect\Ima ge\data\sharedassets2\SpriteAtlasTexture-sp_10-1024x2048-fmt5-ARGB32.tga"
        If you force it through SB3UGS (bypassing UITL), you'll get the translations.

It seems to be a problem with UI Translation Loader... maybe? Maybe someone would want to contact akyryz about it, I contacted him a few weeks ago via PM but he never replied me, so it seems unlikely he'll reply me about this.

And if I'm not mistaken, it's not the only thing I saw that should be translated but wasn't showing up... I'll post about it if I recall what they were.
        Last edited by unmei220; 09-10-2017, 06:40 PM.

• Brimstone Omega
        Editing a comment
        Derp, yeah, you're right, of course, it's there. That's odd that it isn't showing up while all the other selection images do.

• Amano Jyaku I actually started doing just that, adding in the Bing lines to the existing lines until we can clean them up some, but at least they will be the (somewhat) correct lines. We've been using the Bewitching lines as place holders, Hunterrod compiled his translations into the other girl's files so we could have a place holder till a time like this. Here are the ones I've finished so far, I'll try to get the rest done, and with all that there should be enough progress to make a new Update patch for the AIO, so people who aren't following the thread and updating their translations manually can get their hands on some of the new stuff.

c06.txt c07.txt c08.txt c09.txt c10.txt

Comment

• Hunterrod
        Hunterrod commented
        Editing a comment
        That was fast, great work mate

• Brimstone Omega
        Editing a comment
        These aren't really perfect, I just rolled the bing translations into the existing ones. They still need to be looked over, but at least it's something

• Hey any chance we could translate the choice selections that came with the party Dlc? I am talking about the girl initiated threesomes, when a girl really hates you and takes you to the bar for some reason and probably a few others I haven't seen yet.

I would do it myself but I got no clue on how to actually do it.

Comment

• Brimstone Omega
        Editing a comment
        Yes, you're probably right. That's why it took me so long to find the voice lines, I was looking all over, and they were actually in the Studio Neo files in abdata. So they are probably hidden somewhere in there with those.

• Brimstone Omega
        Editing a comment
        You wouldn't happen to have a screenshot of those options, would you? I found some buttons in the files, but I'm not sure if they are the ones we are looking for.

• Hunterrod
        Hunterrod commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I still remember the top choice of the girl initiated threesome starting with a 2 and the bar visit choices also have a 2 in them but not as the first character. That's all I got for now but I will try to get you some Screenshots asap.

• Here are the last of the old personalities with the Party lines added in. They haven't been fixed up yet, I'll try to give them a quick work over tomorrow and make a new update for the AIO. No promises on how fixed I'll get them, but I'll get the update out because there has been a lot of stuff since the last one.

c00.txt c05.txt c01.txt c04.txt c03.txt c02.txt

Comment

• Here's the long awaited update for the AIO. Pretty much just Dialogues and updated H-Scene subtitles. I think the translations of list items were in the last patch, but if not those are in there too!

Thanks to shinki , Amano Jyaku xsorab2 , Hunterrod , without these awesome translators this update wouldn't be a thing.

https://mega.nz/#!Nrp1zYyS!tMDjtbJXF...cYiBMdoCXiUfLA

Comment

• Brimstone Omega alright here are the screenshots I promised you, at least the ones I could get so far because I dont know how to trigger these events
          Click image for larger version

Name:	HoneySelect_64_2017-09-13_17-18-08.png
Views:	1
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	5821378
          this is one of the bar scenes, I do not know if there are more like this or if this is the only bar screen in the game
          and i drew all these characters into google translate with a mouse so iam not 100% certain if they are the actual lines or if I messed up a Kanji here and there

Okay first line is: みんなと遊んでもらう which translates to something like "play with everyone"
          Second line: みんなに見てもらう which translates to "let everyone watch"
          third line: やっぱりやめる which translates to "I quit"

and this is the girl condition which leads to the bar visit in the first place

Name:	HoneySelect_64_2017-09-13_17-17-39.png
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	5821379
          I think its 不補快, which means incompatible or non compliant or something (you get the idea) but iam really not sure if I got the Kanjis right at all in this one and the low res and complexity dont make it easier

Name:	maxresdefault (4).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	5821381
          this is girl initiated threesome, one of them at least and i dont know why the picture is so small
          okay first line should be 2人にHを頼む which translates to "ask both for H"
          second line: 左の子を選ぶ which translates to "choose the left child" but iam pretty sure child is supposed to mean girl here... at least i hope so
          third line: 右の子を選ぶ which is the same as second only with left this time
          and last line: 逃げる which means "escape"

Name:	tumblr_ogaojx64bz1use6ffo3_540.jpg
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	5821382
          and this is post threesome after choosing both girls
          first line ごまかす translates to "Cheat"
          and the second line is escape again

I hope these are enough for you to confirm your findings
          Attached Files

Comment

• Hunterrod
            Hunterrod commented
            Editing a comment
            Turns out I could have just used the Google translate app which can recognize Kanji with your phone's camera...

• Kanji recognition would have to be used constantly in cases where it is stored printed in images, like in sharedassets12.assets texture SpriteAtlasTexture-add-128x64-fmt5 which is visible in your screenshot to the left of the hate icon. (不愉快) I found the Kanji in the middle by using http://kanji.sljfaq.org/radicals.html

Anyone using Google glasses!? ^^

Comment

• Hunterrod
            Hunterrod commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah Google recognized it too after I found out about the app... And my dumb ass spend like an hour drawing them on the website...

But thanks for the link
            Last edited by Hunterrod; 09-14-2017, 05:58 AM.

• Hunterrod Ok, so I looked through everything in the Studio Neo folder (I think, may need a second check) But I did manage to find some stuff in the normal Honey Select folder. At least I for sure found the one that is over the girl condition which leads to the bar visit. I don't think I have any girls that are in that state, but I will make one that is in the Hate state and see if I can get this to show. I translated the word to "Enraged" because I think that is a close approximation to what it says. It actually translates to "Unpleasant", I think, and I take it to mean angry, but she shows up with a knife if I remember correctly so I went full on with Enraged.

If you want to check for me if you still have the girl in that state go to the folder in Plugins\UITranslation\HoneySelect\Image\data Place this folder inside the data one and hopefully it will translate that.
          sharedassets12.7z

I will dig around some more, but we might be on to the right track with this now.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Brimstone Omega sorry to say but your fix does not appear to have worked, but I made a copy of the save and chara folder so at least now I'll be able to test future fixes without having to try 15 times to get a girl into this state

and here are the 2 pictures again that Hongfire made so tiny for some reason
            Attached Files

Comment

• Hunterrod
              Hunterrod commented
              Editing a comment
              OH FOR FUCKS SAKE why are they so tiny again... these pictures should be 1920x1080 NOT 28x16, just what the hell is up with this site ?

first I cant upload txt files over 16kb and now this ? Its not on my end either cause I tried to upload it from my pc, my tablet and my phone, same result every time... do i have to like... sacrifice a virgin or something for this to work ?
              Last edited by Hunterrod; 09-14-2017, 06:04 PM.

• Brimstone Omega
              Editing a comment
              Well, that sucks. I still can't find where the other stuff is, but that file is the one we need for that particular translation. I must have done something wrong.
          Working...
          X