Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honey Select Wide Slider (slider limit change v0.7.1 update 02/18)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There seems to be an off-by-one error with the sliders when switching between the 'others' button to load a character, and the 'body' button to customize it.

It would appear to be caused by a rounding error, since the game writes and displays preset values as floating point (when the sliders are used instead of number input?), yet it always seems to round down when the 'body' button is re-loaded. For example if you load a preset with a value like 0.418182, in-game it displays as 41. You can also reproduce it by typing a value like 44 and hitting enter which set 0.440000, yet when you re-load the button the GUI displays 43. The best solution would be to hack the game to actually show the preset floating point values in the GUI, but maybe not easily possible. The alternative would be to fix the integer rounding bug, one way or another. It doesn't seem to be as simple as truncation, so I'm not sure exactly what is going on.

I'm actually not sure if this is a bug with the game or a bug with the plugin (will need to double check), but it seems like something the plugin could fix either way. Hongfire member TPFOO has been working a CharaPNGFile Manager for Honey Select (beta6 test version is uplmt0452 on uppervolta) similar to the ones he created for other Illusion games, which could be useful for looking into this since it's able to display the floating point preset values and rounding by game logic.

Comment

Uploaded v0.6.0 that works on Bust softness and Bus weight parameter.
      You need to re-run " _WideSliderPatch.exe" to activate the bust related logic.

v0.6.0
      https://mega.nz/#!tIJxWQZS!K06Z3X4KC...4rDezhxNuqLQu8

Comment

• Sinteriya
        Sinteriya commented
        Editing a comment
        Please make limit value to -100 to 400 for butt!
        Last edited by Sinteriya; 10-09-2016, 05:03 AM.

• veveritz
        veveritz commented
        Editing a comment
        I can confirm what cyberbeing is saying: after applying the latest version, on characters with breast sizes close to 0 or negative, if the breast softness is above 30 there is a glitch with the breasts moving around permanently. Can be avoided by reducing the breast softness to a value close to 0 though. Don't think the breast size should be limited to 0 because you can get a better flat-chested look with values between -10 and -20.
        Last edited by veveritz; 10-08-2016, 01:10 PM.

• Elessar Elenesse
        Elessar Elenesse commented
        Editing a comment
        Can confirm wackiness with breasts near 0 or in the negatives.

I'm a n00b at modding, do i put "HoneySelect_64_Data/Managed/WideSliderManaged.dll" into the managed folder in the "HoneySelectTrial_64_Data" folder and do i put the wider patch in the same folder and then run it? Also where do i put Mono.Cecil.dll?

Comment

• hun hunter
        hun hunter commented
        Editing a comment
        there is a more simple way, extract the mod's zip file>copy all contents to the game folder and accept any merge folders or replacing files windows asks about>run the _WideSliderPatch.exe included with the mod then your done.
        and please make sure to take a back up of all of your original files just in case something goes wrong.

Thanks @hun hunter i'm only after realizing that the full game has been released, that's why i was having issue, only have the trial at the moment, gonna install the full game when i have more time and hopefully then i won't have issuing installing this mod.

Comment

Originally posted by DillDoe View Post
        the update seems to have disabled inner/outer eye height, they don't go beyond default 0-100
        I'm still using version 0.4.0 because of this. It was probably caused by this change: "Limits the rotation to default max, since without so, some parts rotete 360 degree." Could this be reversed? I haven't really run into any problems of things rotating way too much with sliders between 0 and 200 and being limited to the default values for a lot of options, especially eye stuff, is a real pity.

Originally posted by cyberbeing View Post
        There seems to be an off-by-one error with the sliders when switching between the 'others' button to load a character, and the 'body' button to customize it.
        It's a problem with the game itself, I had this in SBPR too. Pretty annoying when I want to have all values multiples of 5 and 70 gets rounded to 69 and other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by firecat6666 View Post
          It's a problem with the game itself, I had this in SBPR too. Pretty annoying when I want to have all values multiples of 5 and 70 gets rounded to 69 and other stuff.
          The fortunate part though, is the error is only seems to be in the GUI when reading existing data, not writing new data. The game actually renders the floating point values correctly, it only becomes problematic if you go back to modify an existing preset or otherwise reproduce the settings of another preset.
          Last edited by cyberbeing; 10-09-2016, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Whether data modes applied to Sexy Beach Premium?

Comment

Originally posted by vrl0ver View Post
              Uploaded v0.6.0 that works on Bust softness and Bus weight parameter.
              You need to re-run " _WideSliderPatch.exe" to activate the bust related logic.

v0.6.0
              https://mega.nz/#!tIJxWQZS!K06Z3X4KC...4rDezhxNuqLQu8
              Please.. I need your help!

I found some anomaly, glitch

the first glitch occurs during animations on all male characters who have a big belly "fat", the man's belly starts to Vibrate up/down without stopping, this glitch has not happened with previous version, like v0.4 Etc..

the second glitch happens on all female characters who have a negative value on the Breast (below -0) since they are loaded into the manager, Breast comicia avibrare doubling wildly up and down, you can see 4 nipples during the rapid vibration continuous up and down, is a defect similar to the belly of the men, both are horrible to see.. -_-

which may be the cause?

and.. what do I do to fix?

Ps:

I noticed that the slide that cause the problem are the breast slide and the soften slide, when a character has a certain kind of combination between the two slides, the crazy breasts going up and down fast enough to seem like a flash-ghost four teats, really annoying to see!

I think the other glitch on fat men's crazy belly is due to a similar accusation.. IMHO

in the old earlier version of WideSlider, these ugly glitchs did not happen!

I hope you find a solution?
              Last edited by Iukix360; 10-10-2016, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• Iukix360
                Iukix360 commented
                Editing a comment
                if I move the two slides in a certain way, it happens to all the characters I have, I've installed about 800, for example with this character

without touching the slide, as soon as the load this in CaharatersMaking, her breasts that wobbled crazily..!

this character uses negative Breast value (-4) and has high value (+96) on soften breast slide, if I remember correctly..

if I lower the slide soften, the breast returns to normal, alternatively if I put the breast from -4 to 0 the breast returns to normal, the thing I do not understand is why with older versions of WideSlider this anomaly-glitch did not happen?

And here the male character card for Test the man's belly glitch

the fat man Belly glitch, his only happens in-game, during a H session, try pairing it with the female card I gave you, after a while animations start, you see on man's belly an glitch effect similar to that of the female crazy breasts.
                Last edited by Iukix360; 10-10-2016, 05:55 AM.

• vrl0ver
                vrl0ver commented
                Editing a comment
                I can reproduce the issue. Thank.
                To workaround at this moment -
                1. Set bust softness to 0 for the chara 1 that disable gravity effect on breast. I will clip this anyway. Will fix the plugin to automatically do this calculation. if breast size < 0 or softness < 0, disable breast movement (as they are value 0).
                2. For the man's belly problem, the slider value seems within the value range (0 < value < 100), so it supposed to be a problem originally exist in the game. The above fix may solve problem, but I'm not sure.

• vrl0ver
                vrl0ver commented
                Editing a comment
                Man's belly problem seems to be caused by the Additional Bone Modifier. I also update the ABM mod v0.6.5 to avoid the problem.

Uploaded v0.6.1 that fixed breast vibration problem.

DL: https://mega.nz/#!MF53UJSR!u0eogNXoS...EJI6QE0cffTDKE

Comment

• vrl0ver
                vrl0ver commented
                Editing a comment
                @cyberbeing
                That works as intended. The logic on breast softness and gravity is affected by the "Size", "Softness" and "Weight" parameter.
                In vanilla, when you increase the Size, more gravity is applied. roughly the gravity = size * weight.

I removed the clipping logic of the gravity. In v0.5 , the size * weight is clipped between 0 to 1, so even if you specified 200 (2.0) x 100 (1.0), it was clipped to 1.
                In v0.6.0, the value is calculated as 2.0, so the 2 x gravity (compared to the v0.5) is applied.

• cyberbeing
                cyberbeing commented
                Editing a comment
                I guess that makes sense. I was just expecting the Breast Softness slider to be authoritative and keep the softness aspect (i.e. elasticity/stiffness/damping) relatively constant no matter what Breast Size, irrespective of the Breast Gravity slider, which would be more intuitive for a character creator. Though I guess with the standard 0-100 limits, Illusion didn't feel it was enough of an issue to design it that way?

Thanks for your continued work on WideSlider.
                Last edited by cyberbeing; 10-11-2016, 04:36 AM.

• Iukix360
                Iukix360 commented
                Editing a comment
                Now it seems completely solved, the crazy-breast glitch

Thank you so much, you are Great! ^_^

@vrl0ver

By the way what is Google translator?
              Is that popular in 2ch(Japan)?

ところで、Google translatorって何?
              それは2chで流行ってるの?
              Last edited by SEMIPRO; 10-11-2016, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Ok, I'm having a little problem since 0.5.1. Downloaded 0.6.1 but didn't fix it. It's related with brreast softness and weight. The breasts clip to the arm (and other objects in the H-scenes too). All the parameters are inside the normal values (0-100) except for the butt (200). Look at the pic for details please:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título.png
Views:	2
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	5726302
                Attached Files

Comment

• cyberbeing
                  cyberbeing commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's not caused by WideSlider, The default game has always clipped larger breasts on the arms, just like that.

• darkincubo
                  darkincubo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I see, so the breasts always clip. Thanks for the answer. Illusion should work a little in this issue, but well...

vrl0ver First of all, thanks for your work that allows us to create even better characters!

I installed version 6.1 of the wide slider mod and unfortunately, several sliders don't work in the <0 and >0 range anymore (you can still go beyond 0 and 100 but the character doesn't change). I didn't have that problem with a previous version of the mod.

The sliders in question are:

Eye Adjustments: Pupil Pos, Eylid Shape 1, Eyelid Shape 2, Outer Corner Height, Inner Corner Height, Inner Corner Distance, Eye Angle 2, Eye Angle 1

Eyebrow Adjustments: Eyebrow Angle, Inner Arching, Outer Arching

Jaw Adjustments: Jaw Angle

Nose Adjustments: Bridge Shape, Nostril Inner Width, Nostril Outer Width

Ear Adjustments: Ear Angle, Ear Rotation

Body Adjustments: Breast Angle

Nipple Adjustments: Areola Size (although that one didn't work in the previous version either)

I only have the common stuff installed (ggmod, additional bone modifier). Could it be that 6.1 conflicts with a previous version of this mod?

Comment

• lolpanther
                  lolpanther commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But wouldn't it make more sense to only limit those sliders that are known to cause problems? (or is this not possible?) You see, many of my chars look really wonky because I majorly changed things in the eye department, and I never witnessed the "Outer Corner Height" slider (for example) causing any corruption in studio.

• rraven314
                  rraven314 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I will support lolpanther's argument here. The disabled sliders listed above are some of the best ones, especially the eye sliders. It is definitely worth it to bring them back, if possible. The "--norotatelimit" option causes distortions everywhere and is unusable.

• vrl0ver
                  vrl0ver commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Re: lolpanther, That's not so easy.
                  However, I could change the logic to remove the limit for bones only when a parameter affects only rotation and not affects transformation and scale.

Can this work alongside GGMOD? I see a common DLL

Comment

• cyberbeing
                  cyberbeing commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, just patch one then then other and launch the game normally.

You don't need to worry about Mono.Cecil.dll, it's just a standard library required to run the patchers. Just drop it in the folder and both patchers can use the same dll.

Uploaded v0.7.0

- Turn rotation limit off if the parameter is only affects the rotation.
                For example, the rotation caused by "Breast size" is limited (because the paramter also affects the size),
                However, the rotation caused by "Eye roll z-axis" is not limited (because the parameter only changes the rotation).
                - Fixed calculation logic for rotation (value < 0 or value > 100). In case when the calculated value crosses 360 degree.

Comment

• tmvaegis
                  tmvaegis commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! But... all this rotation talk is a bit too technical for the likes of me. How exactly does the rotation changes affect these sliders, in terms of an actual visual description? Plus, wouldn't this change alter the existing appearance of all characters? I just need to understand what "rotation" actually involves.

• vrl0ver
                  vrl0ver commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Eye Axis - Z is sure example. You can try with v0.6.0.
                  For v0.6.1, even if you specify value > 100 such like 150, the appearance is same as slider value 100.
                  For v0.7.0, it actually changes as the slider value changed.

This affects appearance of already created characters. Only when the characters has slider value < 0 or > 100, on the slider which affects rotation.
                  Even if so, you can specify 0 or 100 to those slider, to make the same appearance of the v0.6.x.

I don't have list of the sliders those affected by this logic, since I updated core logic which do not know slider names (Eye Axis-Z "目の角度 - Z軸") , but only know internal bone names (e.g. cf_J_Eye_t_L).

For example, a slider Eye Angle-Z ("目の角度-Z軸") changes the "rotation" of the cf_J_Eyes_t_L/R bone.
                That maximum rotation is limited by v0.5.0 and v0.6.x, so even if you specified the slider value > 100 such like 150, the appearance is the same as its slider value 100 (or value < 0, as 0).
                You can try with v0.6.1.
                With this version (v.07.0) the limitation is removed, so that if you specify the slider value more than 100, actual appearance is changed along with the slider value.

When you apply v0.7.0, it affects appearance of characters already created, only if the character has slider value is < 0 or > 100 (out of range of default) on those slider which affects rotation. (I don't have list since I updated core logic that do not know slider name itself, but only know bone names).
                Even if it affected, you can change the value to 0 or 100 for those slider to make the same appearance as of v0.5.x or v0.6.x.

Comment

• tmvaegis
                  tmvaegis commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Eh... I'll do my brain a favor and just stick with v0.6.1, heh heh, no offense. Any sort of change to already created characters is too much of a pain to deal with.
              Working...
              X