Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0.7BUG

Comment

There is no download link for 0.7 did you pull it?

Comment

Thank you for adding new things. Can you provide 4K or higher resolution skin? just the right corner would be OK, and put it on 4K skin from PC.
        SkinTexMod is here. It support injecting high resolution texture now.

Comment

Hmmm seems there is the dreaded " blocky breast shadow bug" in 0.7 again...:/

I can confirm 0.6 does not have this issue. Please fix this again for 0.7. For now, I go back to 0.6 Thank you! And good work otherwise!

Comment

@Jtenma you are right! The shadows became all weird and blurry but only for the breasts. Weird bugs are weird.
            I've conducted an investigation and I think I fixed the issue. I'll uploaded the hotfix to the OP now.

Before:

Spoiler

After:

Spoiler

Now, if you are asking for the blocky shadows that appear behind the ribcage, those come by default, I'm afraid!

Comment

• jtenma
              jtenma commented
              Editing a comment
              WOW! That was faster than I thought! You are really on this! Thank you again! And I will try it out now!

You are the best!

I just want to ask if the pixelated skin is an issue in uncensor. The pixels are more significant when viewed closer.
            Pudding!

Comment

The thread has been updated but it won't show due to problems on the server. I'll leave the link to the fixed versionhere.

@KingResTan I'll need you to be more precise than that i'm afraid. If you could upload an screenshot of what you're talking about it would be cool.

Edit: Oh I think I found what you mean. The pixelation happens on the armpits and upper shoulders.
              Now I remember, I caused it while messing with plasticmind normals due to a non-related issue. The moddified file was included by mistake .

This should fix it. I also lowered the normal sharpness on the upper thighs for a less intrusive effect.

SBX2 0.7d
              Last edited by Stampar; 09-25-2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• KingRexTan
                KingRexTan commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! Looks great!

Also, thank you for this mod. Cheers!

This uncensor is really good! thank you and keep the good work, I'll patiently wait for it to not require full nude status

Comment

There's still block on oc map, it looks complete white, but delicate, need to use lossless format, and I add something generated from normal map

https://mega.nz/#!TNskERIC!x_bm8VE8B...g30nYCwbFxsLQw

As to the rest seams on the normal map, I don't know how to fix it, paint texture on it will certainly make it worse, maybe it can only be fixed by painting pure color (127,127,255)

This one should fix some seam
                https://mega.nz/#!DV9RmTKD!GnVvvoZHf...n1xnMiykftlzF8
                Last edited by plasticmind; 09-26-2016, 05:09 AM.

Comment

@plasticmind great job! Both the normals and the occlusion feel nice to work with. I have a hunch I could reduce the seams to a minimum if painting over those.
                  I'll give it a try and see if we can finally get done with those damm seams. I'll report back later. Thanks again!

About your previous question, which I forgot to answer yesterday, regarding the 4k body texture: at least for a 1.0 release I'll stick to those vanilla 2k diffuses. I've tried the 4k PC ones but the quality gain was not noticeable enough for me to consider using them. Small textures are always better in terms of performance, specifically for those with old soviet computers such as mine. That doesn't mean I won't think about it in the future, but It would also mean the fight vs the seams would need to start all over

Either way, feel free to build whatever package you want with the uncensor assets and post the results here or in a different thread if you want for the people to choose.

Comment

Stampar:
                    I have checked your FP and can confirm that your changes are not visible. HF cached the update with the 0.7b version. I know at least one other thread which was hit by the same problem and although HF's cache was cleared the problem remained (may be after the next update). So we would either need to create a new thread for each update or you continue to post into your thread like above.

So for all others: please dont include any version of your mods in the title! And it might also be good to write that any update can only be found at the end of the thread.
                    Last edited by enimaroah; 09-26-2016, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• cyberbeing
                      cyberbeing commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The temporary workaround a user can perform to see the latest version of the first post in any thread with this caching error, is to quote the first post, find the info they are looking for in the reply text box or preview, and then cancel. The quote function always contains the latest data from the first post, even when it's affected by this bug.
                      Last edited by cyberbeing; 09-26-2016, 12:22 PM.

• enimaroah
                      enimaroah commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sure, but you have to check the post's history. How else would you know that the post has been updated?

• cyberbeing
                      cyberbeing commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The edit date on the post and/or post title. Even when the post is displaying with with an old cache, the last edit date is always accurate, and usually the post title as well if it was changed.

Stampar, thanks for the quick fix! I was pulling my hair out trying to find out what's causing the blocky neck and HF being as slow as it is doesn't help trying to read this thread. Luckily, plasticmind pointed me in the right direction.

Another question, is the below normal? In case it's related to the uncensor, if it's not, would appreciate any pointers.
                    Spoiler

Click image for larger version

Name:	blocky.1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	5721536

Last edited by ore0; 09-26-2016, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• cyberbeing
                      cyberbeing commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you are talking about the artifacts in darkened areas, those are caused by the SSAO shader, which generates a rather ugly dithered noise texture when generating its effect.

@enimaroah so you don't think it's gonna fix itself? That's unconvenient. I guess I will use this thread for a while, but if a major release happens and this hasn't been fixed I shall open a new one and then you can get rid of this one. Thanks for your steady assistance!

@Ore0 Whatever that is, yes, it's most likely caused by the uncensor. But what is it? Hard to tell, I'm not even sure what am I looking at. I take that's the space between the breasts in the character maker? The breasts themselves look weird, as if being affected by the blocky breast shadow bug. That should be fixed in 0.7d tho.

Might be some of the thousand filters this game applies what's causing that weird blur. I opened a pose on the studio and I got this:

Without SSAO.

Spoiler

Wih SSAO

Spoiler

I don't thinks it's exactly the same kind of blur tho.

Try using this file, which includes the updated normals and occlusion from Plasticmind. Just extract the file over Honey Select/abdata/chara and overwritte.

SBX2 - Latest texture maps

Tell me if you are still having issues!

Edit: Oh, @Plasticmind, since we're talking about your normals I just found a little issue with them. Wanted to test the armpits after the unblurrification and oh boy they look great, but there's this little seam which goes straight there from the middle of the arm. Kinda screws the whole picture!

Do you think you could fix it?

Spoiler

If not, I'll try, but be aware... the results might be ominous!.
                    Last edited by Stampar; 09-26-2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• plasticmind
                      plasticmind commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'll see, probably it's on the original normal map, and also there're seams on shoulder and leg.

• cyberbeing
                      cyberbeing commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The problem ore0 is describing is caused by the SSAO shader as I mentioned above.The SSAO shader applies its effect onto a noiseTexture for dithering effect, which it then blends into the scene apparently as a screen-space effect. If you turn the SSAO strength up to maximum, pan the scene around slowly, and it is very obvious. Not just the character model, but the entire background as well. At lower strength or otherwise less darkened areas, its less noticeable yet still there.

Unfortunately if you eliminate the noiseTexture being set for the SSAO shader, you end up with SSAO banding instead. Not sure if there is a way to increase the quality of the noiseTexture dither itself.

Alternatively there is a depth-map based mode in the SSAO shader which is much smoother and seems to apply directly to the 3D models instead of in screen-space. The problem with that mode is the default strength is way too strong and changes the appearance of skin shine significantly, giving it more of an artificial metallic sheen (rather than matte) to the extent that you'd need to refactor the skin color on all your presets unless you turn the strength way down each time you enter a scene.

Either way, it's not a problem with the uncensor, just the game's SSAO implementation.

Similarly to the blocky self-shadows under breasts at certain angles, which appears when you increase breast size >63 is also an underlying game issue. The closer to 100, the more noticeable the blocks are, or to make the bug extremely noticeable, install wideslider and increase to 200. In the other uncensor thread I speculated that this is indirectly caused by the very low polygon count on the breasts, and each distinct block is actually a single polygon.

Any way of fixing this?
                    Same situation with "half-shirt"
                    Spoiler

Comment

• Stampar
                      Stampar commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Test release limitations:

- Only for full nude status (uncensor won't show if the character is wearing any top clothing part!).

The full version will include clothed states. It shall come out soon!

I'm pretty happy with this SBX mod like I was in SBPR! Anything you add to it will just be icing on the cake. Great work!

Comment

Working...
                    X