Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4K skin diffuse initial pack (2017/01/13 final version)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So to get this straight, this mod renders your 4k specular maps (and therefor 8k specular maps as well) obsolete and the 4k skin diffuse pack should be preferred quality wise? What about your female face retouching mod? Sorry about those questions, but my characters look pretty good at the moment so I don't want to mess it up

Comment

• plasticmind
      plasticmind commented
      Editing a comment
      In that face retouching mod and SBX 4K addon, I didn't include 4K diffuse, it was 4K specular + 4K detail normal + 1K diffuse in those mods, in this mod you'll see specular, detail normal, diffuse all in 4K. But I only created one face diffuse, you still have 18 face types to choose, but that only changes the normal map, your characters will look slightly different after using the mod. Of course I'll encourage you to try it, an uninstall pack is provided.

Your SBX2 4k addon looks realy great in Honey Select VR( I use official one because mod version still has minor bugs). So it's disappointing this initial pack doesn't suppot it (maybe because some plugins like GGmod doesn't support it?). Hope future version could fix this.

edit: Sorry for poor wording. I meant this pack doesn't support HoneySelectVR . Not meant this pack doesn't support SBX2 4k addon.
    Last edited by masooo; 11-02-2016, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• plasticmind
      plasticmind commented
      Editing a comment
      SBX2 4k addon is included in this pack

• plasticmind
      plasticmind commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't have a VR, did you test Cyberbeing's graphic patches, do they support VR?

• masooo
      masooo commented
      Editing a comment
      To avoid confusion , I repeat that I'm talking about official HoneySelectVR . There is unofficilal Honey Select VR developped by Eusth ,but they are totaly different software despite their identical name.

Just downloaded Cyberbeing's graphic patches. I haven't actually tested yet but looks like they don't support HoneySelectVR because they don't have any content for HoneySelecVR_Data folder .

If you want test by yourself , maybe you can install and run HoneySelectVR without VR HMD until you actually try to switch to the HMD by pressing M key.

WHAT'S THE DECRYPTION KEY??

Comment

Works fine but messed up the default colors
      Spoiler
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image_301560.png Views:	1 Size:	313.3 KB ID:	5733334

Last edited by NoiseDesu; 11-03-2016, 12:56 PM.

Comment

plasticmind

I know I already said thank you but I just wanted to say it again. Man, what you did is crazy good. Without your mod the game look super ugly in VR but now with your mod the game is insanly good in VR. Thank you again, you're a hero!

Comment

I don't want to touch the list in 00.unity3D, so these textures are made into an independent mod, but with list number overwriting the vanilla list, so don't panic when you find conflicts in HS_SlotID, they are supposed to conflict.
          I haven't tried this yet, but is the consensus that these do overwrite the vanilla list without ingame errors?
          if so, plasticmind, if you want I can exclude them from the list so they don't show up as conflict since they are suppose to take over the vanilla slots. But if in the future a mod use those slot, it won't show up as a conflict with yours but with the vanilla (I'm not sure who'll overwrite whose)

Comment

• plasticmind
            plasticmind commented
            Editing a comment
            No error so far, but I think a warning is still needed, because it's changing the original files, not working like other mods, and if you exclude all the slot ID conflict with the vanilla, really conflicts may be neglected after the game updates. Thank you, your HS_SlotID is really useful.

• ore0
            ore0 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would suggest to leave them as is as your helpful tool is working as intended. The current behaviour is that it's transparent to the users of the mod, and I think that's right. Modders using the tool investigating the conflict would have come here and read plastic's disclaimer, else you will have to support a potential growing list of exceptions.

• DillDoe
            DillDoe commented
            Editing a comment
            ok, will leave as is.

good mod, i have problem when install it, hs works good but hs studio doesnt work( the game doesnt start) when i install this mod.... i tried in a clean install with only the necessary and still have the same problem.....

Comment

• plasticmind
            plasticmind commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you installed 10/14 DLC, and wideslider plugin

whenever i install this mod it makes my studio character just T pose and i cant select anything, its only when i install this mod, the uninstall files return the game to normal, i have all dependencies.

thanks for your work and thanks in advance
          Attached Files

Comment

• plasticmind
            plasticmind commented
            Editing a comment
            I saw your message, it seams that your wideslider is outdated.

• keymaster16
            keymaster16 commented
            Editing a comment
            i suppose that's what i get when i use 4chan as my source. ill look for a updated wideslider when this site feels like loading. thanks for noticing.

• keymaster16
            keymaster16 commented
            Editing a comment
            and after a brief search updated wideslider gets me 4k skins, thank you for your help!

Thank you for this awesome mod! I followed the instruction on how to install it and It worked great. The game works perfectly fine. The only one problem I am having now is with the studio. Everything works fine (SSAO, SSR, Self Shadow, Bloom) but if i add more than 5 characters in the scene, the studio will turn of self shadow automatically (I mean the check box for self shadow option is still checked but the shadow just dissappears). I tried to turn it on and off and nothing happened. The only way to get the self shadow to work again is to delete 1 character (basically I can have maximum of 4 characters in scene for it to work) I'm not sure what is going on here. Any of you guys got the same problem?

Comment

The color representation change does appear to break some skin shades, even with the 4k templates. Tanned, mocha, or exotic skins like grey or dark granite lose the saturation and darkness, or worse gain some extra red making it appear violet.

I can link some example cards from a card database.

Comment

• tmvaegis
              tmvaegis commented
              Editing a comment
              If accurate skin colors with a wider range of use and compatibility are a concern, you're better off just grabbing the 4k skins from the SBX & Face Retouch versions/threads. The limited and inaccurate color sliders are one of many issues that keeps me from using it.

• plasticmind
              plasticmind commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't desaturate the diffuse too much, so skin details can preserve, but the side effect is you can only get the right skin color with low saturation setting. So I made the HSV slider more focus on the low saturated area, which also accounts for the pale appearance of vanilla skins.
              I'm now thinking of adding a set of desaturated 4K skin matching with the vanilla skin.

A new version is coming, it'll be based on Cyberbeing's new patch, much better results after he enabled HDR on all cameras, no bandings even in the shower scenes. And oc maps are converted into gamma space, this may be the main reason why your characters looks different from vanilla game.

Comment

It seems like not quite all the face types have a 4k version. Also, will the vanilla skins be fixed? They're still used by vanilla characters, and even if the resolution is lower, having more skins available would be nice.

Comment

One question. I'm trying to make an upscaled version of the wonderfull Zeaska elegant makeup mods but seems im missing something... maybe someone can help. What im doing is i open the .unity3d file containing the textures in sb3 tool, i export the textures (1024x1024) in .dds format, open them in photoshop, upscale them to 4096x4096, save it as dxt5 rgb format, go back to sb3 tool and replace the original textures for the upscaled ones with exacly the same name. Then i save the modified .unity3d file and replace original mod with it keeping all names always intact... and then the mod stops working at all... it shows inside the tatoos section, but if i select it nothing happens at all. Any advice in what im doing wrong?
                Last edited by misifuz; 11-08-2016, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• plasticmind
                  plasticmind commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did you check the alpha channel when saving your textures?

• misifuz
                  misifuz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah alpha channel is OK... Inside game if I select any other tattoo works, but if I select any of the ones I upscaled remains the other tattoo as if I didnt change anything... It's weird...

The link for "4K diffuse initial pack v3" does not not work. It says the file has been removed.

Comment

• plasticmind
                  plasticmind commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's v4 now, old versions are deleted.

Your V3 works fine but after installing your V4 I ran into a problem. In studio I can't seem to open/run any plugins.
                Last edited by Heavenie; 11-08-2016, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• plasticmind
                  plasticmind commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dependence has removed, so you'll have to run those patches.exe again.

• eddie297
                  eddie297 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm having the same problem, even running the patches again
              Working...
              X