Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4K skin diffuse initial pack (2017/01/13 final version)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what in the balls just happened to my game?
    http://s.pictub.club/2016/12/26/s67X1F.png

Comment

• NoiseDesu
      NoiseDesu commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, sir i have.

• plasticmind
      plasticmind commented
      Editing a comment
      1. install 4K diffuse initial pack (max compatibility);
      2. install Hotfix for 12/22 DLC;
      3. run patches if you're using wideslider and IPA plugins.

• NoiseDesu
      NoiseDesu commented
      Editing a comment
      SLR! i did everything i could but it's not working for me. i had to uninstall it.

Originally posted by plasticmind View Post

2016/12/10 (if you update from an old version, uninstall is recommended)
    A new version thatwon't mess up the vanilla skins and your characters is here, also skinTexmod HS is supported in this version at a price that skin texture is now processing in ARGB32 like what vanilla game does, while in previous versions it's ARGBhalf. (I'm not sure how much quality loss will be noticed, needs feedback);
    bloom tweak (BloomBlendMode changed from 'add' to 'screen').
    I guess it depends on tastes. I still use v7, my impression, if it serves any purpose, is that in the new compatibility version seems to me that the brightness is extremely high, hurting the detail at times, even adjusting the skin with low intensity values, but I repeat I guess it depends on the taste of each person.

Comment

• plasticmind
      plasticmind commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it bloom causing such issue? You can try lowering the bloom intensity or turning it off.

• eddie297
      eddie297 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did not try it, but I mean the brightness of the skin, not the brightness in general, later I'll test it

• plasticmind
      plasticmind commented
      Editing a comment
      Spoiler

It's still looking good, the difference is hard to notice.

hey plasticmind , thanks for this mod , its awesome.
    i have to ask something , i cant get quality at photos you shared and idk why ? im using this settings : HoneySelect (patch 1014) Quality and Performance Tweaks v2.0[2016-11-07][Hotfix] and 4K diffuse initial pack (max compatibility) 1014 .
    i checked mod's ids and see something like this ...

is there any problem with mod ids? what should i do? thank you

PS: btw my gpu is RX480 8g

Comment

• plasticmind
      plasticmind commented
      Editing a comment
      I've explained the conflict in #1, don't worry about it.

cannot use studio with 4k skin(12/22dlc hotfix) cant load secne and character map and item are work well

Comment

• ducknini
      ducknini commented
      Editing a comment
      the character which you want will show on screen but cant control it also desnt show there's name on list of the top UI cant load character into action and H action, IK mode

• plasticmind
      plasticmind commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you using wide slider and forgot to run the patch

• ducknini
      ducknini commented
      Editing a comment
      I have run everything so just me have this issue?

Originally posted by plasticmind View Post
    Warning!!! This mod will conflict with other mods(see known issues for detail), and will impact your gaming performance, and you'll take some time to adjust your characters' skin color to restore their former appearance. So DO BACKUP YOUR FILES before installing.

Finally, after testing for several weeks, I think it's time to release this mod. This mod is not possible without cyberbeing 's trial and error, he's put a lot effort to improve the graphics in the game.

Dependency:

SBX2 uncensor
    (translation, IPA, wideslider no longer needed, but if you are using these plugins you should run those patch.exe after install this mod)

What's in this mod?

This mod is based on Cyberbeing's graphics patch [2c], so firstly it improves graphics quite a lot. Briefly, you'll see less banding, much smoother SSAO, less dazzling bloom(only in game), higher quality SSR. For more information, just read Cyberbeing's post.

The skin diffuse resolution in game is limited to 1024x1024, I push this limit to 4096x4096, and force everything on skin like tattoo, cheek, lips, mole and eye shadow be processed in 4K, they'll misalign of course, so I upscaled those textures to 4K using waifu2x, then correct the coordinates. I don't want to touch the list in 00.unity3D, so these textures are made into an independent mod, but with list number overwriting the vanilla list, so don't panic when you find conflicts in HS_SlotID, they are supposed to conflict.

Many people may wonder why textures files in HS look so pale, and why there're so many blocks, bandings and other ugly artifacts which never happened in illusion's previous game. It seams illusion starts to use linear rendering, which is good. To my knowledge, image should be stored in sRGB color space(or gamma space) and processed in linear space then displayed in sRGB color space, if you can't follow, here's a video explaining this. But now the problem is 8bpc won't be enough to contain linear space image. Illusion is not only doing their linear space rendering in 8bpc, but even stored their textures in linear space in 8bpc, which means DXT artifacts will be stronger than texture details, and even uncompressed ARGB32 will lose details and cause severe banding.

So in this mod, skin textures are stored in sRGB, and render texture format is forced to 16bpc. This makes the vanilla skin look like pure color, I think you don't want to use them if you like to try this mod, so I didn't fix it. Also there's some good news, not all the textures are stored in linear space, so some weir looking lips now looks natural.
    Spoiler

Preview (screenshots by CMMode without any filtering)

This is a full skin pack with diffuse, detail normal and specular all in 4K, my previous skin mods are already included.
    You may notice some seams, I'll try to fix it later.

4K face texture made from photos
    Spoiler

4K body skins from playclub and VR kanojo
    Spoiler

Known issue:

1. Any vanilla skin will look like pure color;
    2. new 4K skin diffuse are not compatible with vanilla skin.
    3. Any tattoo, cheek, lips, mole and eyeshadow mods before won't work; (this needs modders to recreate their mods in 4K)
    4. SkinTexmod HS overlay mode ...
    5. No 32bit support;
    6. Seams.

How to use
    The 4K skin diffuse is not active automatically, you need to select them in chara maker, they are tagged with 4K, it's easy to find.

(Downloads & logs are put in #2)
    Zeaska's eye shadow mod is actually one of the nicest out there. Too bad it isn't compatible. Zeaska's mods and 4K texture would perfectly compliment each other wonderfully..
    (\__/)
    (O.o)
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

• jtenma
      jtenma commented
      Editing a comment
      pretty much all that's stopping me from using this mod...

• tmvaegis
      tmvaegis commented
      Editing a comment
      jtenma - Yup, I can now honestly say that i'm in the same boat since just about everything else works fine now.

• Iukix360
      Iukix360 commented
      Editing a comment
      tmvaegis

It has solved the biggest problem of the changing skin tones when use this 4K complete textures pack?

I think VR Kanojo 4K body is very good smooth textures, same the female face retouch V4
      Last edited by Iukix360; 01-06-2017, 01:41 PM.

Is this 4K pack compatible with HoneySelect (patch 1014) Quality and Performance Tweaks v2.0[2016-11-07][Hotfix]?

And if I install this pack (I already install your HQ 4K Body Map v2 from SBX2 and Female Face Retouching mod), will I get the same effect as when I using HoneySelect (patch 1014) Quality and Performance Tweaks v2.0[2016-11-07][Hotfix] or it gets better?

Also can I use this pack with the HoneySelect (patch 1014) Quality and Performance Tweaks v2.0[2016-11-07][Hotfix] as well?

Comment

so theres pretty much no way to get any makeup or eye shadow to show up unless plasticmind releases a 4k version of them right?

Also, whenever the girl is wearing transparent clothing, or behind the transparent man in a scene, her nipples dont show up. Anyone else have this problem?
      Last edited by sheno1346; 01-03-2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Self shadow tweak
        https://mega.nz/#!jIUl3Ljb!FrhYQ6-Hx...TGoa2ynXnu_rrY

shadowResolution set to "very high", shadowCascades set to "four", the shadow quality is actually maxed out in vanilla game with "Quality" preference. But shadow maps are not used sufficiently, it's still possible to improve shadow quality by reducing the shadow distance and adjusting the cascade splits.
        I remove the vanilla "Performance" and "Normal" preference, make room for different shadow distance.
        "Performance": shadowDistance = 12
        "Normal": shadowDistance = 10.6
        "Quality": shadowDistance = 9

Comment

• tmvaegis
          tmvaegis commented
          Editing a comment
          Is this mod only compatible with the 12/22 update/DLC version?

Oops, forgot to mention that this seems to be only for the main game, and not the studio.
          Last edited by tmvaegis; 01-09-2017, 12:24 AM.

• plasticmind
          plasticmind commented
          Editing a comment
          camera is not locked in studio, so you'll find self shadow fade really quickly.

• tmvaegis
          tmvaegis commented
          Editing a comment
          So... The quality of the self-shadows are still poor in the studio, then?

Ever since the 12/22 update (I have installed the new pack and the hotfix) my 4k skins have a weird texture to them. Any ideas what is wrong? Or am i just imagining things? It is more apparent in game, but I don't think i have everything set correctly.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Skin3.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	5753096

Click image for larger version  Name:	Skin1.png Views:	1 Size:	36.4 KB ID:	5753095

Comment

• @pepsibro and others who get stuck in installing this mod, try these procedures:
          1. download the unistall pack I provided in #2, overwrite game folders, and run the bat;
          2. reinstall uncensor(s);
          3. install 4K diffuse initial pack (max compatibility);
          4. install Hotfix for 12/22 DLC;
          5. run patches if you're using wideslider and IPA plugins.

If the game updates, only update the abdata folder.

Comment

• plasticmind Thanks so much! That did the trick! For anyone else having similar issues, follow the directions above. The only thing I needed to do extra was get the English translations working again.

Comment

• New tests
              • Enable SSR and HDR rendering in studio
              • Self shadow tweak

How to use
              1. Remove setup.xml file in UserData folder;
              2. DO NOT start the game in launcher or InitSetting;
              3. There're 3 different shadow settings you can use "Longer shadow distance" "balance" "better shadow quality", DO NOT use "no shadow" options.
              Known issue

It's not possible to change background in studio any more.
              Last edited by plasticmind; 01-12-2017, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• tmvaegis
                tmvaegis commented
                Editing a comment
                I apologize for what's probably a dumb question, but will this only work with your 4K skin mod?

• plasticmind
                plasticmind commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, it's painful to maintain multiple versions now.

• tmvaegis
                tmvaegis commented
                Editing a comment
                Indeed, I don't blame you. Well, regardless, as you might have seen in another post I decided to convert to your 4K Diffuse mod, either way. The shadows look great now, btw, awesome job! : ) (Using "Better Shadow Quality")

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're using the [2c] version of cyberbeing's mod for this, correct? Is there any chance of implementing a [1c], or even a [1a] version to help ease the load on performance?

• plasticmind
              1. download the unistall pack I provided in #2, overwrite game folders, and run the bat;
              2. reinstall uncensor(s);
              3. install 4K diffuse initial pack (max compatibility);
              4. install Hotfix for 12/22 DLC;
              5. run patches if you're using wideslider and IPA plugins.

If the game updates, only update the abdata folder.

EDIT nevermind it worked after i reinstalled the DLC.

eDIT# i THOUGHT IT WORKED BUT i GUESS NOT. STILL STUCK IN T POSE IN STUDIO.

Here is what I am doing.
              VERSION: 1.10

I have sbx 1.3 already installed so I skipped that step.
              Initial pack (drag and drop) this "4K diffuse initial pack final version (rr5%)"
              4k initial skin pack SSAO drag and drop into select/studio _data_64/managed
              4k initial skin pack SSR drag and drop into select/studio_data_64/managed
              run wideslider patch
              run patched .exe

This kills my studio. Why??? Am I missing something?

Edit# 3 I have narrowed it down to the first step that seems to be giving me a problem. As soon as I install the initial pack here, my studio breaks: https://mega.nz/#!vUU2HLDD!E6zemLSks...5IrGePK7rwDLVI

Last edited by jtenma; 01-14-2017, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• plasticmind
                plasticmind commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not sure. I've included everything in that data folder, but if it's the first time you install 12/22 DLC, other studio mods could cause this problem.

• jtenma
                jtenma commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea been trying for the past 4 hours. I tve been using a mod manager to try different install orders and no dice.

As soon as I install the inital pack, my studio becomes useless. I cannot figure it out. As soon as I uninstall your mod, my studio starts working again.

EDIT: Just realized something new. Whenever I install your mod and go into the main game. I notice my game version is 1.11??? WHAT? My game without your mod is 1.10? DO I have to be on 1.11 to use your mod? could that be why this breaks the studio for me? Or is that unreleated?

I didnt think having 1.11 was necessary for 64bit users?
                Last edited by jtenma; 01-14-2017, 09:33 PM.

• The "Final" .rar isn't opening for me. I'm using 7zip.

Comment

• Eviolite
                Eviolite commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here.

• plasticmind
                plasticmind commented
                Editing a comment
                I switched to rar5, because 7z does not provide recovery record.
                There's a modified 7-zip that supports rar5
                http://www.e7z.org/
                Last edited by plasticmind; 01-14-2017, 08:04 PM.

• Thanks for the hard work! I've reverted back to the old version + hotfix, however, as I'm getting black flashing squares in studio when the camera is relatively close to the characters skin.

Comment

• plasticmind
                plasticmind commented
                Editing a comment
                http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...36#post5733736
                We've discussed this issue here, it's related to Nvidia's recent driver.

• tmvaegis
                tmvaegis commented
                Editing a comment
                Indeed, plasticmind is correct about that, as I was the one who initially was suffering from it. However, though it's been a few drivers since then, I haven't had the issue in quite some time, thankfully.

• Silanda
                Silanda commented
                Editing a comment
                Curious. FWIW, I'm using current drivers and the previous version of the mod didn't suffer from it. On that note, how bad of an idea is it to use the managed\*.dll files from the previous hotfix instead of the ones in the new version? They don't seem to trigger the issue.
                Last edited by Silanda; 01-15-2017, 12:10 PM.
            Working...
            X