• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Skin] 4K skin diffuse initial pack (for HS Party) update 2017/06/19

• Features

0. Support skin diffuse map in 4096x4096 resolution;
    1. Add 4K skins for SBX2 uncensor;
    2. Seamlessly support makeups and tattoos in both 1024x1024 and 4096x4096 resolution;
    3. Enable 64bpp frame buffer in ADVscene, Hscene and Studio Neo;
    4. Improve FXAA, Sunshaft, DoF, SSAO and color correction curve quality;
    5. Fully customizable color correction curve;
    6. Enable GPU skinning;
    7. Offer more shadow, SSAO, SSR and bloom tweak options;
    8. Resizable window mode.
    9. Tonemapping, dither, 3DLUT.
    • Screenshot Previews

preset_2 with fog disabled
    Spoiler

Experiment_1 (HS linear rendering experiment)
    Spoiler

• Download
    4K skin diffuse initial pack (HSParty graphic patch + 4K texture pack)
    • Install
    1. Make sure you have installed HoneySelect Party, any version after 2017/04/28 should be Okay;
    2. install SBX2 uncensor;
    3. install HSParty Graphic Patch;
    4. install 4K texture pack or HS linear rendering experiment;
    (optional)5. install wide slider;
    (optional)6. install UI translation loader;
    (optional)7. install IPA.
    • Uninstall
    Copy everything in the unistall fold into game folder and run uninstall.bat.
    • Graphic tweak
    Config.xml and StudioNeoConfig.xml will be created in UserData\GraphicSetting when you first time run and quit the game, you can easily select presets you like by editing these two files. If you want to create your presets. Here are some graphic setting references.
    Spoiler
    SSAO

SSAOSamples is the only quality vs performance option, all possible values are "SAMPLES_ULTRA", "SAMPLES_HIGH", "SAMPLES_MEDIUM", "SAMPLES_LOW", "SAMPLES_VERY_LOW". If you don't like the presets I made, then take a look at http://www.thomashourdel.com/ssaopro/doc/usage.html
    Blur type is set to High Quality Bilateral, you can't change this one, and remember SSAOBlurBilateralThreshold, SSAODistance, SSAOLumContribution, SSAORadius, SSAOIntensity, SSAOBias are multiplier to the original settings, so change them to 1 means original game setting.

SSR

If you don't want to go into detail, then use my presets by setting the SSRpresets and skip the rest of the part.
    1 = high performance, 2 = default, 3 = high quality, 0 = use the detail setting
    All the information can be found here
    https://github.com/Brackeys/Efaround...eReflection.cs
    SSRreflectionMultiplier - Nonphysical multiplier for the SSR reflections. 1.0 is physically based. Range(0f, 2f)
    SSRmaxDistance - Maximum reflection distance in world units. Range(0.5f, 1000f)
    SSRfadeDistance - How far away from the maxDistance to begin fading SSR. Range(0f, 1000f)
    SSRscreenEdgeFading - Higher = fade out SSRR near the edge of the screen so that reflections don't pop under camera motion. Range(0f, 1f)
    SSRenableHDR - Enable for better reflections of very bright objects at a performance cost
    SSRadditiveReflection - Add reflections on top of existing ones. Not physically correct.
    SSRtemporalFilterStrength - Increase to decrease flicker in scenes; decrease to prevent ghosting (especially in dynamic scenes). 0 gives maximum performance. Range(0f, 0.99f)
    SSRuseTemporalConfidence - Enable to limit ghosting from applying the temporal filter.
    SSRtraceBehindObjects - Enable to allow rays to pass behind objects. This can lead to more screen-space reflections, but the reflections are more likely to be wrong.
    SSRhighQualitySharpReflections - Enable to increase quality of the sharpest reflections (through filtering), at a performance cost.
    SSRtraceEverywhere - Improves quality in scenes with varying smoothness, at a potential performance cost.
    SSRtreatBackfaceHitAsMiss - Enable to force more surfaces to use reflection probes if you see streaks on the sides of objects or bad reflections of their backs.
    SSRallowBackwardsRays - Enable for a performance gain in scenes where most glossy objects are horizontal, like floors, water, and tables. Leave on for scenes with glossy vertical objects.
    SSRimproveCorners - Improve visual fidelity of reflections on rough surfaces near corners in the scene, at the cost of a small amount of performance.
    SSRresolution - 0 = full resolution, 1 = HalfTraceFullResolve, 2 = half resolution. Half resolution SSRR is much faster, but less accurate. Quality can be reclaimed for some performance by doing the resolve at full resolution.
    SSRbilateralUpsample - Drastically improves reflection reconstruction quality at the expense of some performance.
    SSRreduceBanding - Improve visual fidelity of mirror reflections at the cost of a small amount of performance.
    SSRhighlightSuppression - Enable to limit the effect a few bright pixels can have on rougher surfaces.
    SSRdebugMode
    0 = None, 1 = IncomingRadiance, 2 = SSRResult, 3 = FinalGlossyTerm, 4 = SSRMask, 5 = Roughness, 6 = BaseColor, 7 = SpecColor, 8 = Reflectivity, 9 = ReflectionProbeOnly, 10 = ReflectionProbeMinusSSR, 11 = SSRMinusReflectionProbe, 12 = NoGlossy, 13 = NegativeNoGlossy, 14 = MipLevel.

Bloom

BloomThreshold - Regions of the image brighter than this threshold receive blooming. Increase this value can make this effect only happen on hightlight areas.
    Bloomintensity and BloomBlurSpread are multiplier to the original variables, you can make the effect stronger by setting these values > 1, and weaker < 1.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/scri...AndFlares.html

Shadows

If you select "クオリティ" in initSetting.exe or "Quality" in HSLauncher.exe, shadow resolution is set to very high, and shadow projection close fit. It's possible to improve shadow quality by reducing the shadow distance and adjusting the cascade splits, But take a look at manual before changing these settings.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/DirLightShadows.html

MSAA

This value can be set to either 0,2,4 or 8. But defferred shading rendering path, which does not support MSAA(this is limit of unity engine not defferred shading), is used in most part of the game, so you may not find anything changed when playing with it. If you want to use reshade shaders that require depth information, then set it to 0. Background image won't show up in character maker when MSAA is disabled. So it's an option for reshade enthusiast.

ColorCorrectionCurve

Curve = -1 disable the curve
    Curve = 0 use game default settings
    Curve = 1 use custom curve in UserData\curve, specified in CurveName.
    Curve = 2 ColorCorrectionCurve is disabled, replaced with ToneMappingColorGrading.
    CurveSaturation < 1 desaturate, > 1 saturate

How to create your curve

Tools you need:
    1.Adobe Photoshop
    2.NVidia DDS Plugin

First, set <StylePreset>Debug</StylePreset>, enter the game and take some screenshots. Then open your screenshot image in Photoshop add adjustment layers on the image, supported adjustment here is limited to brightness, contrast, gamma, exposure, level, curve. Group all the adjustment layers, duplicate into SampleCurve.psd and move into the "Put your adjustment layers here" group, then save the PSD as 32.32.32.32f ABGR 128bpp(this is important, don't support other format or size for now).

ToneMappingColorGrading

This effect is only available when you set curve = 2 in the ColorCorrectionCurve segment, it can do tone mapping, dithering and 3DLUT, which makes ColorCorrectionCurve obselete.
    tonemapper = 0 disable tone mapping
    tonemapper = 1 ACES
    tonemapper = 2 Hable
    tonemapper = 3 HejlDawson
    tonemapper = 4 Photographic
    tonemapper = 5 Reinhard

3DLUT

Similar to the curve, but much powerful. Curve is basicly three 1DLUTs which is good at adjusting contrast and gamma per color channel, while 3D LUTs are more accurate and flexible, addition to what 1DLUTs can do, 3DLUT also can do channel mixing and saturation altering, when creating a 3DLUT in Photoshop, you can add anything adjustment layers can do.
    Lut - enable 3DLUT
    LutName - filename in the Userdata/LUT
    LutContribution [range(0,1)] - Blending factor.

How to create 3DLUTs

1. Take a screenshot of your game
    2. Import into a graphics editor (such as Photoshop) and apply adjustment layers until a satisfying result has been reached
    3. apply adjustment the same layers to the neutral lut and save as a new lut.png, put it into Userdata/LUT folder.

other basic color grading adjustment

temperatureShift [Range(-2f, 2f)] - Sets the white balance to a custom color temperature.
    tint [Range(-2f, 2f)] - Sets the white balance to compensate for a green or magenta tint.
    hue [Range(-0.5f, 0.5f)] - Shift the hue of all colors.
    saturation [Range(0f, 2f)] - Pushes the intensity of all colors.
    vibrance [Range(-1f, 1f)] - Adjusts the saturation so that clipping is minimized as colors approach full saturation.
    value [Range(0f, 10f)] - Brightens or darkens all colors.
    contrast [Range(0f, 2f)] - Expands or shrinks the overall range of tonal values.
    gain [Range(0.01f, 5f)] - Contrast gain curve. Controls the steepness of the curve.
    gamma [Range(0.01f, 5f)] - Applies a pow function to the source.

DirectionalBackLightIntensity

A light source used to create rim light effect on characters (vanilla game default value:1.5), if light reflection is too strong on skins, you may want to reduce this value.

CameraFOV

camera field of view (vanilla game default value: 23), lower value for less distortion, higher value for immersive.
    • How to create your curve tutorial

https://mega.nz/#F!WEtgUI6Z!apJrnpsShSPLj2KHDJi5YA
    • Share your presets

Prepare your directory in this structure, and try to avoid using filenames might be overwritten by a future update.

Code:
    UserData
    ├─LUT
    │ MycustomLUT001.png (optional)
    │
    ├─curve
    │ Mycustomcurve001.dds (optional)
    │
    └─GraphicSetting
        │  Config.xml
        │  StudioNeoConfig.xml
        │
        ├─Shadow
        │ Myshadowpreset001.xml (optional)
        │
        ├─SSAO
        │ MySSAOpreset001.xml (optional)
        │
        ├─SSR
        │ MySSRpreset001.xml (optional)
        │
        └─Style
             MyStylepreset001.xml (optional)
    • Precautions

Now the program will guess whether your texture is 4K according to the texture size and coordinates, 1K textures will be upscaled to 4K in the process. But there're rare situations where 4K textures being misjudged as 1K and become extremely big, in this case ADD MINUS SIGNS in the coordinates.
    • Special thanks to

Stampar Belgar17 - creators of SBX uncensor
    cyberbeing - who made the Quality and Performance Tweaks for HoneySelect in the first place
    Alexae vrl0ver いつプロ - your utility plugins help a lot
    enimaroah - the guy holding the whole modding community together, always improves and adds new functions to SB3UGS for every modder's need
    • Restrictions

NonCommercial-ShareAlike
    Last edited by plasticmind; 06-19-2017, 06:53 PM.

Last edited by plasticmind; 04-08-2017, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• kreeves
      kreeves commented
      Editing a comment
      Also getting damaged rar file - unable to repair successfully. Thanks for any help you can provide!

• szymon247
      szymon247 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here, cannot unpack, says broken archive on 7zip and winrar. Winrar repairing does not work - says the archive ended unexpectedly :-(

• MRRH
      MRRH commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the new updates! by the way, mega said that the file is non exist.

I really appreciate all the hardwork that's gone into this and your face project, thanks a lot plasticmind and cyberbeing .

Comment

Hi plasticmind, I have some questions for my own learning. I'm using your face project v3 + the quality ssr setting from cyberbeing and would like to learn where the differences are coming from between the 2 packages. The colour on the face is a lot more natural on the 4k diffuse (less red) but there's some shadow in the ears, some difference on the top eyelines and the edge of the lips. I see that the specular map is slightly adjusted but no change around the ears, no change around the edge of the lips and don't see any other change in cf_m_face_00. Is the difference coming from change of texture? Having problem locating where it is.

Thanks.

4k diffuse
      Spoiler

face project v3 + quality ssr setting
      Spoiler

Last edited by ore0; 10-30-2016, 02:03 AM. Reason: updated img links

Comment

• plasticmind
        plasticmind commented
        Editing a comment
        The new 4K diffuse map are in a different folder abdata\plastic
        plastic_t_face_01.unity3d
        plastic_t_body_01.unity3d

• ore0
        ore0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks plasticmind ! I thought I was looking at the wrong place so just dismissed it when I saw cf_t_face texture being so different than plastic_t_face_00_00 but looking again it is down to them. You did mention above about HS texture file being so pale, I guess this is the first time I looked!

Looking forward to other mods taking advantage of your findings!

• plasticmind
        plasticmind commented
        Editing a comment
        If someone can make a general texture inject plugin, and do the gamma to linear convertion in 16bpc or 32bpc, then this problem could be solved.

how much impact on game performance does this mod do ? is there any point to use this mod on 1080p resolution ?

Image removed.

Comment

• plasticmind
        plasticmind commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll notice a huge difference even on 1366x768. The impact on performance is mostly caused by SSR and SSAO, because they're set to higher presets in this mod, but I can provide more options for different rigs later.

• Stampar
        Stampar commented
        Editing a comment
        I think at least a performance build would be very welcome. My tests on cyberbeing's performace builds led me to pick the less costly one since there wasn't any noticiable difference in static pictures in the Studio.

About vanilla skin patterns, you should totally fix them imo, if only for random girl generator and game npcs. Not to mention the differences in each skin pattern.

• plasticmind
        plasticmind commented
        Editing a comment
        Stampar I'm now making a performance build. I tried to fix those skins, the skin type 1, 2, 3 have shadow on diffuse, they're still not looking good, so I'm planning to replace the vanilla skins, then it's just some list editing work.

!Thanks for the mod, it looks beautiful in your previews!

But, you have a known issue here:
      " 1. Any vanilla skin will look like pure color; (this can be fixed, but I'm not sure if it's necessary)"
      So it will likely mess up all already characters and especially downloaded Studio scenes?
      Is there any way to fix that anyway?
      Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time.

T. S. Elliot

sigpic

Comment

• plasticmind
        plasticmind commented
        Editing a comment
        Shoal
        Your wish is granted!

• redorc
        redorc commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome!

• Adwas
        Adwas commented
        Editing a comment
        sorry to ask this but did current date have the fix of this yet TT__TT

while this mod is really fantastic its really hassle to recolor/skin every time when you load new card/scene

if its have new version thats fix I will really appriciate its TT_TT and what more my back up is all gone

thankyou

Awesome work, the difference in both quality and performance is really noticeable.... with a GTX 980 ti 6Gb oc i can see it at full quality and looks awesome. Hope zeaska updates his eyehsadows to 4k though hehe. Only problem is that studio application now opens, but none of the interface is showing.... i disabled reshade for it, tried opening it at different resolutions but no interface in any case any advice?

Comment

• Kitcendo
        Kitcendo commented
        Editing a comment
        ok just a Userdata folder right?
        i'll try

• misifuz
        misifuz commented
        Editing a comment
        U just need to backup Userdata folder in order to save all ur characters, config, studio scenes etc. Once u reinstall everything in the correct order ( don't forget the game update http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/e...on-faq-500741/) copy back the userdata folder and replace. That made it all ok for me.

• Kitcendo
        Kitcendo commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you bro
        it's work

wait wait wait!!!
      is there another 4k thingy around????
      so can you explaing please (a screenshoot will even be better)
      the differance from THIS:
      https://mega.nz/#!OIszzIaD!IRXAsz9kh...ImN2Dkmqu6qvaU
      and the one from SBX 1.2:
      https://mega.nz/#!WMlBTABa!yXQ6plf9m...1rqzvARC3i5A5s

they both are 4k wtf!? why one is 49.8 mb and the other 144 mb???

maybe because one is called body maps and the other are purely skin....!?

and can you please tell me what they do in a simple terms.....!? (just what to get the point better,i have an half idea....)

!!!THANKS!!!!

Comment

• hgrtdvehdbwvd
        hgrtdvehdbwvd commented
        Editing a comment
        so the body maps (aka specular) is for reflectiness like how they write here:
        This will increase the sharpness and reflectiveness of the skin by enhancing the various texture maps involved.
        Comes with a 4k detail map (instead of the smaller, mosaic tile the standar version uses), custom occlusion and a new, more detailed specular.
        Note that diffuse textures won't be affected.
        then the other is the PURE SKIN TEXTURE aka what you see without light thingy.....
        so you must need BOTH to reaaly ENJOY HD......
        but BUT BUT there a little problem....
        Known issue:
        1. Any vanilla skin will look like pure color; (this can be fixed, but I'm not sure if it's necessary)
        2. new 4K skin diffuse are not compatible with vanilla skin.
        3. Any tattoo, cheek, lips, mole and eyeshadow mods before won't work; (this needs modders to recreate their mods in 4K)
        4. SkinTexmod HS overlay mode needs Alexae to take a look.
        5.(i adden it) PERFORMANCE.....if you have a crap pc like my your screwed.....
        so NO thanks!!!!
        body 4k specualr is the max HD i want....

• plasticmind
        plasticmind commented
        Editing a comment
        This one wraps 4K specular and detailed normal I released before, so it's an all-in-one 4K pack contains diffuse, specular, detailed normal of both face and body. 4K diffuse was not released before because it was limited to 1k in game.
        As to the performance impact, a graphic card with 2GB vram is enough.

Wow, you weren't kidding about the pure color vanilla skins, my characters are super pasty now. lol xD

Anyways thanks for the release o/
      Last edited by shinki; 10-31-2016, 03:51 AM. Reason: eloborating better and adding a thanks to the modder.

Comment

That's some sick mod, good job! I just have a suggestion, the new texture could use some "imperfection" if you know what I mean. Something to make it more realistic. For example, in PlayClub you can seen veins on the boobs area and some other place! Right now it's a little bit "too perfect"! This is just a suggestion though, this mod is already pretty damn awesome! Good job!

Comment

• plasticmind
          plasticmind commented
          Editing a comment
          To make the skin colorable, I did some de-saturate/de-vibrance to the diffuse, so some details are lost, but you still can see veins on hands and feet.

Great mod. I have a fresh install and all the necessary mods and plugins but after i installed and select the new skin the chars only have the new body texture and the head stays white.
        Any Idea why? thank you

Comment

• TotalDecadence
          TotalDecadence commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you selecting one of the 4k options under facial type -> skin?

• samurai champloo
          samurai champloo commented
          Editing a comment
          No I did not. Sry, it works all fine now! Thank you!

And I am one of those stupid retards that missed the GIANT RED WORD of "BACKUP"...
        Is there a way you can post the original file here please? Really sorry about that.

Comment

• plasticmind
          plasticmind commented
          Editing a comment
          delete
          \abdata\list\characustom\plastic_4K_diffuse_initia l_pack.unity3d
          \abdata\list\characustom\plastic_4K_skin.unity3d
          and abdata\plastic folder
          then find original dlls in Cyberbeing's post

• Adwas
          Adwas commented
          Editing a comment
          i also want since i am with you, "a retard thats backup file lost TT_TT"

if any kind soul in here please give me backup file i really dont want to reinstall every mod i have TT

Thanks for making this mod, I was really pleased with how my girls looked after some time tweaking. I particularly like how the Type 3 lipstick no longer looks weird at values at or near 100% opacity.

In fact I was so pleased, I upscaled this eyeliner mod that @Belkar17 originally made, cos I use it alot. Get it here.
        Last edited by Sparkzter; 11-02-2016, 10:02 AM. Reason: Added link for mod.

Comment

• misifuz
          misifuz commented
          Editing a comment
          Please share the upscaled eyeliners! Even if you want and can upscale the eye make up tatooes from zeaska would be really awesome hehe

• Sparkzter
          Sparkzter commented
          Editing a comment
          Sadly zeaska's eyeshadow mod is too big for simple resizing, its already rendered in high res so making it bigger... crashes my editor program.

Here's some optional download:
        1. a list to replace all the vanilla skin with 4K skin, use it only if you don't want to see vanilla skins any more
        https://mega.nz/#!mFVSEKQC.

2. Miku tattoos for 4K diffuse

Spoiler

https://mega.nz/#!7ZNxiB4I!uPFqM8KH7...ijwn1Ay6d4WbYA

3. Unistall
        First, you need to delete plastic_4K_diffuse_initial_pack.unity3d and plastic_4K_skin.unity3d in HoneySelect\abdata\list\characustom\ and HoneySelect\abdata\plastic folder
        Then, download backup files, these dlls are not patched with any plugins.
        https://mega.nz/#!TU9i2CDZ!OSRaFUAQz...MFnHQgREgKEGQQ
        Last edited by plasticmind; 11-02-2016, 03:40 AM.

Comment

• shinki
          shinki commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow that looks really cool, thanks for another great share!

• tonyecl
          tonyecl commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your help!! I want to uninstall it for now just because I want to stick with the mods that based on the vanilla files.
          It is a great job you are doing here, please keep up the good work~

Could I make an observation? Please don't take this the wrong way but the shadows in the ear seem odd. It's lost a bit of detail and it kinda leaks out of the ear below the tragus (Is it because of the de-saturation/de-vibrance process?). I dunno if it's a work in progress or a completed texture, it's just something that could be taken into consideration.

Here's a comparison of this mod with the one I was using before (8k Specular + SBX) to clarify what I'm trying to say.
        Sorry about it not being exactly the same angle.

Spoiler
        Click image for larger version  Name:	HoneySelectEarComparison.png Views:	1 Size:	31.5 KB ID:	5733037

Last edited by shinki; 11-02-2016, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• plasticmind
          plasticmind commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I didn't remake the ears, it's still playclub 2k ears, and it looks like don't match the HS head model, thanks for the report, it's on my to-do list now.

• shinki
          shinki commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, good to know. Thanks for the reply.

• ore0
          ore0 commented
          Editing a comment
          plasticmind I reported the same in #4
      Working...
      X