FoolBoy Fashion Mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Clothing] FoolBoy Fashion Mods

FoolBoy Fashion #00 First step into the new generation with a nice selection of thight and shiny pants.
    Conditions:
    Place the included folders into your game directory and overwrite when asked.
    Issues:
    - rare clipping issues
    - ID conflicts, maybe
    Comment:
    It's my first mod, be gentle and don't look. And if you have some knowledge or idea about making the latex look better, please tell me.
    No reposting! No reproduction! No linking!
    In case of broken links, contact me.
    Last edited by FoolBoy; 12-09-2016, 12:28 AM.

Originally posted by cytryna1 View Post
    Great mods FoolBoy, however, do you know how to add a texture to a toenail? I noticed that you figured out how to add it to nails, and I've been struggling for a while to do it for toenails and no luck. Best thing that I found is PlayClub's actual physical toenails that I found in the game directory by opening files using SB3UtilityGUI. Help would be appreciated! I wanted to make french nails for both nails and toenails like in the old AG3 days. Thanks in advance dude.
    Well, i can tell you, what i would do. The same like my sharp toenails in my latest nails mod (check my blog or patreon, i got lazy on forum updates). I do new socks, place the toenails in, do some weightpaint if necessary and if i want some texture in, i UV it in by hand. Don't know how your knowledge about 3d modeling is, so maybe this sounds like gibberish to you?

Comment

Originally posted by FoolBoy View Post

Well, i can tell you, what i would do. The same like my sharp toenails in my latest nails mod (check my blog or patreon, i got lazy on forum updates). I do new socks, place the toenails in, do some weightpaint if necessary and if i want some texture in, i UV it in by hand. Don't know how your knowledge about 3d modeling is, so maybe this sounds like gibberish to you?
      Yea, I understood everything. What program do you use? Will Blender be fine? (I usually use 3DS MAX Studio though). Usually when I open files through 3DS MAX it doesn't let me edit it, (unless I upload it incorrectly still don't know). I can just move bones but that's it when it comes to like 3D models.

Also, would I be able to modify your mod in Blender and adjust it? Then I'd do the thing in SB3Utility.

(I've never modded this game at all, so I'm pretty now to modding HS so I'm not sure WHAT I'm doing but if what I just typed makes sense let me know briefly how to do)

So if I understand correctly, you "borrow" the socks from the game, make then transparent / invisible and add nails to them and then upload it to the game? (Let me know if I understand correctly)

My plan would be to open your mod in Blender if it's even possible, re-shape the mod you have done, UV map it so it looks the way I want it to (which is just white tips on the ends) and replace the files in your mod with my file. Obviously, I wouldn't spread the mod anywhere as it's just for personal reasons unless you let me as you mentioned on your blog.

Thanks in advance dude.
      Last edited by cytryna1; 09-10-2017, 07:20 PM.
      Looking for help to mod Honey Select! If you know how to add 3D items to appropriate places in the game & you have time... Message me!

Comment

cytryna1
        If you are familiar with 3DSMax you will not need Blender. Make sure that you use FBX format. Sb3UGS can import 3DS files, but the FbxSdk doesn't allow to export as 3DS. Fbx is best for exchange between Sb3UGS and Maya and 3DSMax (and Blender).

You can check the Glossary linked in my signature for tutorials and further information. And we have a discussion thread for modding HS. You are welcome to join in.

Comment

Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
          cytryna1
          If you are familiar with 3DSMax you will not need Blender. Make sure that you use FBX format. Sb3UGS can import 3DS files, but the FbxSdk doesn't allow to export as 3DS. Fbx is best for exchange between Sb3UGS and Maya and 3DSMax (and Blender).

You can check the Glossary linked in my signature for tutorials and further information. And we have a discussion thread for modding HS. You are welcome to join in.
          Thanks! I'll try to make something one FoolBoy answers, 'cause if I will be able to do socks, I'll be able to do anything else, and I just need a small intro / tutorial on how to do 1 thing and then off I go.
          Looking for help to mod Honey Select! If you know how to add 3D items to appropriate places in the game & you have time... Message me!

Comment

cytryna1

These are my problems, hence why I asked in the 1st place.
            Attached Files

Comment

The same warning you would get in Maya. It can be safely ignored - in Maya at least. I hope the Max isn't different here. So where is the problem?

Comment

The same warning you would get in Maya. It can be safely ignored - in Maya at least. I hope the Max isn't different here. So where is the problem?
                The shape I extracted from the mod is essentially not editable, even though the editable parameter exists and is chosen there. Although, all the options are greyed out. I'm using Blender now so there's no worry since it works now, but if you want to know I'm also using 3DS MAX 2018 for other stuff.

However, it works with Blender, I was able to change to shape the way I wanted it to. But I can't import it back into the game after the shape was changed? (I literally don't know how, I just dragged it into the SB3U and there's no replace button for the FBX files)

I think I did something as in I replaced the FBX (not sure if successfully) and in the preview window on the right side I couldn't see the preview whereas with the original file I could see the preview. Not sure what's going on.

Same when it comes to UV maps / DDS files. I changed DDS files in Paint.net so you know, I wanted to make french tips so I just coloured the top, and nothing changed. Do I have to UV map unwrap as you do with normal models?

Also, please tell me how to replace the FBX in SB3U since I have no idea. I have all models edited and DDS files edited as well. I know names must match but then again, I edited existing mod so all names remain the same. Thanks in advance.
                Last edited by cytryna1; 09-15-2017, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Hm, then Max does something very different compared to Maya.

FBX import is part of the hair tutorial #2. Point 2 shows an example.

Dependent resources like materials and textures are not handled automatically. So when you drag a mesh from the workspace only the mesh is going to be replaced. Therefore, the working order is textures before materials, materials before meshes, the skeleton before meshes. UVs are always handled along with meshes, because they are part of the vertex in the games.

Note that Sb3UGS doesn't show the contents of any workfile in the Renderer window on the right hand side. What you see there is always contents of game files.

But we are far away from FoolBoy's thread topic. Please continue in the modding discussion for HS.

Comment

Great upload and sharing. Keep up the great work!
                    Return To The Last Out Post

Comment

Originally posted by FoolBoy View Post

Hey, I just have last question. When you say you UV it by hand, you mean you UV in the 3D editing program like blender? I've been trying to do it in the SB3U but no luck. I tried replacing the DDS files. Also, I managed to change the shapes, but do you know why the shapes are in the wrong positions? They're in the front of the actual places they should be in. What should I do to adjust it? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                      X