Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Skin] HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

To simplify the install process. In this new version, the latest Graphic Patch (v17.07) from 4K diffuse pack, HS image based lighting (3.0) and lighting rendering asistant (1.0) are included.

The game adds a strong S curve at the end of the process, and uses textures with diminished contrast and saturation, which not only makes texture artifact more visible, but also interferes with the linear rendering workflow. PBR shader is designed to create photo-realistic rendering but it only works in linear space, when it's not working in the linear space, we'll see either too strong reflection or too strong shadow just what HS looks like. What I'm trying to do is fix both the texture and curve so that PBR shader can work in the linear space, the results are promising.

gamma rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> gamma corrected image

linear rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> linear space texture --> rendering in linear space --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

HS rendering workflow
    over corrected gamma texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> color correction curve --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

Directional light fall-off

This is the comparison on unity manual
    • Dependency
    1. 170630 DLC;
    2. SBX2 Uncensor version 2.5 or after;
    3. IPA
    • What can you expect?
    1. Mathematically correct lighting;
    2. Much better texture detail;
    • Screenshots

Spoiler

New screenshots featuring HDR rendering and ACES Tone mapping
    Spoiler

Screenshots with Image based lighting
    https://imgcave.com/album/Q2UI
    • Limit
    Now it only works on female characters, everything else looks gray until their textures been fixed. So I recommend using this on a fresh install, or do a complete backup of your game, and only use it in Studio Neo, if you're using it in main game, press X to disable map. Fully colorable clothes or items can be fixed by readjusting the color.
    The Chara maker background can only set to solid color now, but you can load cubemaps in chara maker.
    • How to install
    1. Install 0630DLC from illusion.jp
    2. Install SBX2.5 uncensor
    3. (Optional) Install translation loader
    4. Extract all files copy into the game folder and overwrite
    5. Install IPA 3.3(drag & drop HoneySelect_xx.exe StudioNEO_xx.exe onto IPA.exe)
    6. (Optional) Install wideslider (run HoneySelect_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe and StudioNEO_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe)
    7. (Optional) Grab cubemaps from https://mega.nz/#F!ofhTgbTQ!fAgjV1YlQ7wRy4vZ-LhZNQ
    • How to use
    Go to chara maker change your characters' skin and face type to the new types(one new body and 21 new faces), and take the LRE sample character as reference to adjust skins. If you have a huge number of characters, I recommend Ultra Char Editor v0.1 for party.
    F5 menu now works in Hscene, StudioNeo and Chara maker.

Upgrade from v2?
    There's not much change to the character, but post effect has greatly changed, the old config files are not compatible, backup the old UserData\GraphicSetting folder just in case you want to roll back.
    • Download

https://mega.nz/#F!8T4nmCwL!Hxn-LMwvc0pKsAtuUthmHA
    • Optional Download

1. Studio Neo items

2. mod converted for HS_LRE

DillDoe's D.VA mod

3. CubeMaps
    Last edited by plasticmind; 10-03-2017, 05:25 AM.

You're always bringing the best with quality for this game, many thanks Plasticmind!! I'll wait a bit since i am not using NEO right now... (no translation? and i find a bit difficult to make poses there ) But it seens very interesting!

Comment

Experiment_2
      Ambient Light: Flat, Intensity 0.75.

Result Fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There colors in Character Maker is like "Wash out" so it how to increase that saturation?

Comment

EDIT#2: Also all of my old characters and clothes look fine:
        NSFW (obviously) [LEFT]Your older 4k diffuse skin with the new linear rendering/[RIGHT]Your EX skin.
        Spoiler

So Ive been tinkering with this for awhile... Figured Id give feedback on making a brown girl~~~

Spoiler

The top one is a custom curve (using your new face skin and body skin) I made the first time around. Waaay too saturated, and didnt work with browner girls.

The one after it is my shot at trying to make it look more smooth. I like it~ Btw Im using experiment_1. Only thing I'll say is that you have to get REALLY creative when trying to make certain skin tones holy crap~ I had to use blueish skin to get brown? lol~ There is certainly a learning curve (get it? XD) when using this mod.

EDIT: Also, how come there is always blush even when you take it off on the new face skin textures?
        Last edited by jtenma; 05-17-2017, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• jtenma
          jtenma commented
          Editing a comment
          @Adwas

Yes. All I did was adjust the curve. You gotta play around with it a bit.

• Dark Soujiro
          Dark Soujiro commented
          Editing a comment
          share the cards bro, i love castanic girls

• Drkstr95
          Drkstr95 commented
          Editing a comment
          How do I get the graphics you have in the two pictures withe the brown girl next from the first ones you post? what should I do with the linear rendering experiment?

Anyone know how can I fix this? (its strong orange body)
        Spoiler

Edited: Never mind, I figure it out. (need to select new ex- face skin and adjust color.)
        Last edited by comsci; 05-18-2017, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• xtech88
          xtech88 commented
          Editing a comment
          where you find translation??

• hluu
          hluu commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait waht did you do exactly? I have this same very problem. much help would be appreciated.

Starting to get better and better results the more I play around with my curves+lighting. Everything looks so clean and fresh looking~
        Spoiler

Comment

• devilangel13
          devilangel13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Would you share your setting? ^^

I fix one of the DLC clothes, more are on the way.

chara make background is in HoneySelect_64_Data/sharedassets21.assets
        replace the texture named SpriteAtlasTexture-custom_ui_p-2048x1024 with your background
        or use translation ui to replace it.
        Last edited by plasticmind; 05-18-2017, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the work. It improves neo scene effectively.

Spoiler

Comment

• plasticmind
            plasticmind commented
            Editing a comment
            did you use the new skins? I can't make the skin as pale as yours.

• m18a2
            m18a2 commented
            Editing a comment
            No I didn't. I just patched the rendering settings. I tried out the EX skin but as you said it can't be pale. I love pale skin so I'm still using the old 4k skin either than the ex one.

• kamazuki
            kamazuki commented
            Editing a comment
            can u share clothing ?

Kimono texture fix

Comment

dude the modded maps and items are grey color how do i fix it?

Comment

very good mod, but i still have the same problem as before.
              I find that the problem comes from: Assembly-CSharp.dll and Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll
              But i dont know know why. The problem is still there even with your latest version.

plasticmind Help me/

Comment

• plasticmind
                plasticmind commented
                Editing a comment
                I add a new option now
                <enableSkinDiffuseMipMap>false</enableSkinDiffuseMipMap>

• qifenjile
                qifenjile commented
                Editing a comment
                thx for your answer, How can i add this option ? I need redownload?

Modders to the rescue! No idea what Mathematically correct lighting means but those screenshots look amazing.
              I initially wanted to wait a few days since this is still an "experiment", but I have a feeling HS default lighting is more of an experiment than this, probably a failed one at that.

UPDATE: This is not just for Studio and that other thing right, it can be used on normal game?
              Last edited by Garrold; 05-19-2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Really awesome mod!

Comment

i need help !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	eJwVx0EOhCAMAMC_8ACKgCD-hiBBo7aE1njY7N83O7f5qGdcalW7SOcVYDu40Ng0C43cqm5E7aq5H6wL3ZBFctnvisJgo_UmGeeWxcWYTPTgpmB8iHMw_8_OJnjwRHpRd2zq-wMIPiLn.png
Views:	1
Size:	494.6 KB
ID:	5793397

Comment

• tolonegre69
                    tolonegre69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You repared the error¿?¿?

I go to test now, thanks plasticmind !!!
                  update:
                  I've tested both profiles, but the curves need to be adjusted. I claim i use a 4k 10bit monitor, and the gamma correction for me could work with 0.4545, much better. This way preserves many details.
                  I have to test my custom profile, with only exposure gamma correction: 2.2/1 .4545 (reciprocal) ... for me is perfect output.
                  Last edited by hyperionx; 06-28-2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X