Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Skin] HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

To simplify the install process. In this new version, the latest Graphic Patch (v17.07) from 4K diffuse pack, HS image based lighting (3.0) and lighting rendering asistant (1.0) are included.

The game adds a strong S curve at the end of the process, and uses textures with diminished contrast and saturation, which not only makes texture artifact more visible, but also interferes with the linear rendering workflow. PBR shader is designed to create photo-realistic rendering but it only works in linear space, when it's not working in the linear space, we'll see either too strong reflection or too strong shadow just what HS looks like. What I'm trying to do is fix both the texture and curve so that PBR shader can work in the linear space, the results are promising.

gamma rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> gamma corrected image

linear rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> linear space texture --> rendering in linear space --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

HS rendering workflow
    over corrected gamma texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> color correction curve --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

Directional light fall-off

This is the comparison on unity manual
    • Dependency
    1. 170630 DLC;
    2. SBX2 Uncensor version 2.5 or after;
    3. IPA
    • What can you expect?
    1. Mathematically correct lighting;
    2. Much better texture detail;
    • Screenshots

Spoiler

New screenshots featuring HDR rendering and ACES Tone mapping
    Spoiler

Screenshots with Image based lighting
    https://imgcave.com/album/Q2UI
    • Limit
    Now it only works on female characters, everything else looks gray until their textures been fixed. So I recommend using this on a fresh install, or do a complete backup of your game, and only use it in Studio Neo, if you're using it in main game, press X to disable map. Fully colorable clothes or items can be fixed by readjusting the color.
    The Chara maker background can only set to solid color now, but you can load cubemaps in chara maker.
    • How to install
    1. Install 0630DLC from illusion.jp
    2. Install SBX2.5 uncensor
    3. (Optional) Install translation loader
    4. Extract all files copy into the game folder and overwrite
    5. Install IPA 3.3(drag & drop HoneySelect_xx.exe StudioNEO_xx.exe onto IPA.exe)
    6. (Optional) Install wideslider (run HoneySelect_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe and StudioNEO_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe)
    7. (Optional) Grab cubemaps from https://mega.nz/#F!ofhTgbTQ!fAgjV1YlQ7wRy4vZ-LhZNQ
    • How to use
    Go to chara maker change your characters' skin and face type to the new types(one new body and 21 new faces), and take the LRE sample character as reference to adjust skins. If you have a huge number of characters, I recommend Ultra Char Editor v0.1 for party.
    F5 menu now works in Hscene, StudioNeo and Chara maker.

Upgrade from v2?
    There's not much change to the character, but post effect has greatly changed, the old config files are not compatible, backup the old UserData\GraphicSetting folder just in case you want to roll back.
    • Download

https://mega.nz/#F!8T4nmCwL!Hxn-LMwvc0pKsAtuUthmHA
    • Optional Download

1. Studio Neo items

2. mod converted for HS_LRE

DillDoe's D.VA mod

3. CubeMaps
    Last edited by plasticmind; 10-03-2017, 05:25 AM.

• ^ I'm having this exact problem as well. Comes from assembly-Csharp.dll in the studioneo data > managed folder. Basically it makes it to where clicking on animation, sound, and system does nothing.

Plugin works in game and honey studio. Problem occurs only in studio neo.
    Last edited by PhantomShadow606; 11-30-2017, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• Can someone upload a config with good graphic settings?
      The game is too Bright after i downloaded this files.
      "Illusion Company" Fan since 2007

Comment

• THENewguy1
        THENewguy1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Look up a few posts.

• Im getting a blurry out of focus ui . how do i fix this Click image for larger version  Name:	Desktop Screenshot 2017.12.02 - 16.52.33.11.png Views:	1 Size:	59.3 KB ID:	5871017Click image for larger version  Name:	Desktop Screenshot 2017.12.02 - 16.52.21.43.png Views:	1 Size:	342.6 KB ID:	5871018
      UPDATE:I had to disable my RESHADE
      Last edited by 666Exodus666; 12-02-2017, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Amazing work, plastic. I got this working on my first try and it's truly fantastic to look at.

Comment

• Hey plasticmind, been using the 4k skin pack for a while, but my laptop can't really handle it, I've seen you added the PlayClub lips with the pack itself, any chance you can add the lipstick in a standalone zip/file/anything ?

Comment

• How do i uninstall this mod i kinda messed up so now i got gray skins on all my created characters... how to delete it?

Comment

• THENewguy1
              THENewguy1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Remove the files you added and restore the previous dll files in the managed folders. You can also prevent a DLL from being loaded by putting _ in front of it's name.

• i believe im stuck with these textures unless i reinstall...well thats just great...

Comment

• I Have A Question,How Do I Get A Pale skin After I Install This Mod All Of My Character Have A Tan Skin, Please Help

Comment

• Ano01
                Ano01 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks For Reply But it's still look A Bit Orange.
                Last edited by Ano01; 02-12-2018, 09:46 PM.

• thakizo
                thakizo commented
                Editing a comment
                Using the Body EX 01 the more pale I could get is: Base Color = 0 0 100 Shine Color = 0 0 80 Intensity = 20 Softeness = 45

• Ano01
                Ano01 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah,Never Mind I Rather Use 4k Diffuse Pack Body Now, Body EX Is A Bit Confusing Sorry For Wasting Your Time,Thank You.

• Hey, I want to remove this mod from my game. but changing the old graphic settings folder doesnt do the trick. This is way too dark or too bright for my taste. How am I gona go back. I couldnt backup my entire game as it is about 60-70 gb in total.....

Also installing the mod somehow screwed with my item ids, now most of my characters are wearing odd stuff or some deco missing from them. what in the..
              Last edited by Monarchist; 02-16-2018, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Monarchist
                Monarchist commented
                Editing a comment
                maybe someone can share the vanilla files for graphic DLL?

• Dr FillGood
                Dr FillGood commented
                Editing a comment
                I had to change back for certain reasons, luckily i had the original game data from a while back in my downloads folder. I had to open that up along with my active games folder and the hs linear rendering experiment folder. With all 3 open I went through and removed the additional files that the hs linear rendering experiment folder added. And replaced the files again that it replaced, with the files from my original game data backup in my downloads folder. It took about 5 minutes and is all back to normal, nothing lost.

• dingoman
                dingoman commented
                Editing a comment
                You can easily make backups with this great free program: https://freefilesync.org/
                It backups only what is changed from last time so it works very fast. I have 4 full backups so I can always go 4 steps back in time. Of course, you need enough disk space. :-)

• Apparently, Honey Select is getting an official English, uncensored, fully translated release:

fakku.net/games/honey-select-unlimited-english

This is one of the few mods that I can no longer go without. I have a feeling that the new version is probably not compatible with all the current mods that uses IPA. I know plasticmind sorta moved onto Playhome, but hopefully the new English release can lure him back in to patch his older mods to work with the official release, or at the very least, this mod, as the new lighting system makes the game looks 10x better.

Comment

• Is there any hint on Illusion's sites to confirm that?

Comment

• Help me. After installing this mod, the behavior of the game has gone wrong.
                  ·The background changed from default color to dark blue
                  · Pressing the F5 key makes it impossible to change the facial expression at the eyes of the character (it is slightly changed but not normal. The part of the eyebrow is moving with the picture. The image has been set to wink, but the expression is wrong with a bug)
                  · Screen shot is not performed normally when saving character data, only background and card frame become
                  What is the cause of these bugs?

Spoiler

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180301211007811.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	5938452

Name:	20180301211032157.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	5938453

Name:	bandicam 2018-03-01 21-13-38-201.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	548.8 KB
ID:	5938454

Attached Files

Comment

• alphaomega
                    alphaomega commented
                    Editing a comment
                    wierd....i think u mixed up some mods...together and the result is 'mess'.
                    do you remember which files you changed? during the installation of this mod?

• THENewguy1
                    THENewguy1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You probably have a facial expression control from the shortcuts mod bound to F5. The back ground changing to blue is a normal part of this mod. The background was changed due to switching to deffered rendering, though you could mod the original background back in to the game.
                    Last edited by THENewguy1; 03-03-2018, 10:23 PM.

• yusya1029
                    yusya1029 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    alphaomega @THENewguy1
                    thank you for your comment. How am I supposed to do? I do not know the knowledge of MOD, so I do not know how to deal with it ...

• What settings do i need to make this
                  into this
                  cause i reinstalled game and now everything looks like its in fog. I tried settings few pages back and they make it even worse

Oh and P.S. is there a way to edit graphics and see editing in game without having to edit and start game again to see effects?
                  Last edited by Zaulot; 03-09-2018, 05:27 AM.

Comment

• THENewguy1
                    THENewguy1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    See my posts in this thread.
                    Did you do a complete reinstall of the game?
                    Some settings can be changed in game, others cannot.

• Hello everyone.
                  I copy and paste the settings made by "THENewguy 1" on my blog and publish files that can be easily applied.

Machine translation from Japanese to English.
                  Last edited by hslre; 03-19-2018, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• OK quick question on saving the LRE light settings.
                    Most of my scenes are saving the light settings (except for which cubemap is loaded) but other (possibly older) scenes won't save the light settings, specifically the front and back directional lighting. It sucks to have to readjust the lighting whenever I load one of these scenes. I've tried editing the settings in the png file but cant do it without breaking it. Is there any workaround for getting the light settings to save per scene? it just keeps going back to default. I think all my new scenes since the update are saving correctly. I cant import these scenes into blank work canvas as it breaks my animations.
                    any help on would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                    X