Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Skin] HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

To simplify the install process. In this new version, the latest Graphic Patch (v17.07) from 4K diffuse pack, HS image based lighting (3.0) and lighting rendering asistant (1.0) are included.

The game adds a strong S curve at the end of the process, and uses textures with diminished contrast and saturation, which not only makes texture artifact more visible, but also interferes with the linear rendering workflow. PBR shader is designed to create photo-realistic rendering but it only works in linear space, when it's not working in the linear space, we'll see either too strong reflection or too strong shadow just what HS looks like. What I'm trying to do is fix both the texture and curve so that PBR shader can work in the linear space, the results are promising.

gamma rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> gamma corrected image

linear rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> linear space texture --> rendering in linear space --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

HS rendering workflow
    over corrected gamma texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> color correction curve --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

Directional light fall-off

This is the comparison on unity manual
    • Dependency
    1. 170630 DLC;
    2. SBX2 Uncensor version 2.5 or after;
    3. IPA
    • What can you expect?
    1. Mathematically correct lighting;
    2. Much better texture detail;
    • Screenshots

Spoiler

New screenshots featuring HDR rendering and ACES Tone mapping
    Spoiler

Screenshots with Image based lighting
    https://imgcave.com/album/Q2UI
    • Limit
    Now it only works on female characters, everything else looks gray until their textures been fixed. So I recommend using this on a fresh install, or do a complete backup of your game, and only use it in Studio Neo, if you're using it in main game, press X to disable map. Fully colorable clothes or items can be fixed by readjusting the color.
    The Chara maker background can only set to solid color now, but you can load cubemaps in chara maker.
    • How to install
    1. Install 0630DLC from illusion.jp
    2. Install SBX2.5 uncensor
    3. (Optional) Install translation loader
    4. Extract all files copy into the game folder and overwrite
    5. Install IPA 3.3(drag & drop HoneySelect_xx.exe StudioNEO_xx.exe onto IPA.exe)
    6. (Optional) Install wideslider (run HoneySelect_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe and StudioNEO_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe)
    7. (Optional) Grab cubemaps from https://mega.nz/#F!ofhTgbTQ!fAgjV1YlQ7wRy4vZ-LhZNQ
    • How to use
    Go to chara maker change your characters' skin and face type to the new types(one new body and 21 new faces), and take the LRE sample character as reference to adjust skins. If you have a huge number of characters, I recommend Ultra Char Editor v0.1 for party.
    F5 menu now works in Hscene, StudioNeo and Chara maker.

Upgrade from v2?
    There's not much change to the character, but post effect has greatly changed, the old config files are not compatible, backup the old UserData\GraphicSetting folder just in case you want to roll back.
    • Download

https://mega.nz/#F!8T4nmCwL!Hxn-LMwvc0pKsAtuUthmHA
    • Optional Download

1. Studio Neo items

2. mod converted for HS_LRE

DillDoe's D.VA mod

3. CubeMaps
    Last edited by plasticmind; 10-03-2017, 05:25 AM.

Wow !!! Where did you got the hair ?
    They're great !!!

Comment

will this version updated?

Comment

I notice this three lines are missing from the latest version of LRE:
        ReflectionCubemapMipmapBias, ReflectionIntensity, and ReflectionBounces??? Why the change? Are these not necessary anymore?

Comment

• plasticmind
          plasticmind commented
          Editing a comment
          I remove the function because studio Neo Addon can do it better

• jtenma
          jtenma commented
          Editing a comment
          @plasticmind

Oh ok thank you.

I just tried installing LRE and the result is this!

Is there something wrong?

P/s : All other skin types are like this! How can I bring back like before?
        Attached Files

Comment

• H1015
          H1015 commented
          Editing a comment
          i too am experiencing this problem
          fresh download and reinstall of LRE 2.0 yields the same results

• frankoboff
          frankoboff commented
          Editing a comment
          To get a realistic looking skin choose the EX skin at the bottom of the list and adjust according to taste. Remember this mod is aiming for photo realism whereas the original game (and most skin mods) are cartoon style and saturated- it uses a different lighting model so other mods and original content will need adjusting- it can be tricky to get what you want but it's worth it.
          Last edited by frankoboff; 06-27-2017, 07:48 AM.

• zzdjdegm
          zzdjdegm commented
          Editing a comment
          same issue. Once I restart the computer, the whole becomes super dark, including the characters

OK. New skin can be repainted. Someone knows what to do with face? Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-06-27 19.01.13.png Views:	1 Size:	40.3 KB ID:	5803936
        Last edited by estus4; 06-27-2017, 09:22 AM.
        https://twitter.com/Gardens5551

Comment

• Gwalothion
          Gwalothion commented
          Editing a comment
          You also need to pick one of the new EX-skins in Facial Settings -> Facial Type -> Skin.

• estus4
          estus4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you.

Okay my game is a little bit on the dark side now... what the hell did i do wrong ?

Before:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	HoneySelect_64_2017-06-28_16-42-49.png
Views:	1
Size:	535.9 KB
ID:	5804121

After:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	HoneySelect_64_2017-06-28_16-35-25_cr.png
Views:	1
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	5804122
        Last edited by Hunterrod; 06-28-2017, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Adwas
          Adwas commented
          Editing a comment
          Same problem really need some help here

• zzdjdegm
          zzdjdegm commented
          Editing a comment
          same issue.

Originally posted by Hunterrod View Post
        Okay my game is a little bit on the dark side now... what the hell did i do wrong ?

Before:

After:

Had the same problem, the update breaks the Present_0 and main settings :/
        Last edited by Moriso; 06-28-2017, 09:24 AM.
        Sorry for my english

Comment

• Adwas
          Adwas commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you know how to fix its, the dark game is really not my cup of tea

does anyone know why this may have rendered my studioNEO non functional? it loads infinitely at about 75% now in addition to the dark preset

Comment

• Darksouls40k
          Darksouls40k commented
          Editing a comment
          Install all dependencies he refers... namely the 4k diffuse party patch happened the same 2 me

I forgot to backup and wanted to go back to the previous without having to reinstall the game... anyone can share their backups from version 2.2? would be much appreciated

Comment

Hunterrod H1015 Moriso tell me which version of 4K diffuse pack are you using now, is it version 20170619?

Comment

• Adwas
            Adwas commented
            Editing a comment
            its 20170619

• H1015
            H1015 commented
            Editing a comment
            That'd be the one
            also much thanks to the guy above me who gave advice, installing the files LRE was dependent on did fix my install of NEO. Installing the newest version of LRE beyond that fixed the issue of darkness, to others experiencing this problem.

It's nice when others help me cover for my own foolishness

plasticmind

The color so dark seems to be a raw 3D, without interpreting and applying gamma correction. Then a mathematically correct rendering. By applying the preset and as I said before, the only application of the gamma correction, you should get a realistic rendering. However when I tried (disabling fog and vignette) I noticed a annoying general blush that makes it a bit too synthetic and plastic.
          I would like to ask how it takes off that blush or how it works on the radius, it seems to me that the radius of the illumination is too wide, but maybe I'm wrong.

Is it possible to have a full package of Linear rendering experiments, including everything you need and updated? If not possible, at least the direct links to the single package to download in order?

So getting the mega links is free no? ù.ù
          Last edited by hyperionx; 07-01-2017, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Just me or LRE 2.2 break the game ? Installed new patch 0630...probably conflict with it ?

Comment

same here, black screen! and neo won't load scenes
              Last edited by hyperionx; 07-01-2017, 05:42 AM.

Comment

A full version is uploaded, hope this will fix your install issues.

Now fixed clothing:
                1. kimono (black & peach)
                2. miko (Mini & long sleeve)
                3. sister
                4. idol costume
                5. leopard swimsuit
                6. honey costume

Comment

• ore0
                  ore0 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks plasticmind . Still getting black screen on launch with 0630 update andLRE 2.2 full version. The timestamp of a number of files, e.g. globalgamemanagers in HoneySelect_64_Data from LRE are from 20170428 whereas it's 20170622 for the 0630 update.

• vanderyan
                  vanderyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yeap, me with 0630 still black screen

how to get back to the previous version?? Help

Comment

Working...
                X