Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Skin] HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

To simplify the install process. In this new version, the latest Graphic Patch (v17.07) from 4K diffuse pack, HS image based lighting (3.0) and lighting rendering asistant (1.0) are included.

The game adds a strong S curve at the end of the process, and uses textures with diminished contrast and saturation, which not only makes texture artifact more visible, but also interferes with the linear rendering workflow. PBR shader is designed to create photo-realistic rendering but it only works in linear space, when it's not working in the linear space, we'll see either too strong reflection or too strong shadow just what HS looks like. What I'm trying to do is fix both the texture and curve so that PBR shader can work in the linear space, the results are promising.

gamma rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> gamma corrected image

linear rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> linear space texture --> rendering in linear space --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

HS rendering workflow
    over corrected gamma texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> color correction curve --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

Directional light fall-off

This is the comparison on unity manual
    • Dependency
    1. 170630 DLC;
    2. SBX2 Uncensor version 2.5 or after;
    3. IPA
    • What can you expect?
    1. Mathematically correct lighting;
    2. Much better texture detail;
    • Screenshots

Spoiler

New screenshots featuring HDR rendering and ACES Tone mapping
    Spoiler

Screenshots with Image based lighting
    https://imgcave.com/album/Q2UI
    • Limit
    Now it only works on female characters, everything else looks gray until their textures been fixed. So I recommend using this on a fresh install, or do a complete backup of your game, and only use it in Studio Neo, if you're using it in main game, press X to disable map. Fully colorable clothes or items can be fixed by readjusting the color.
    The Chara maker background can only set to solid color now, but you can load cubemaps in chara maker.
    • How to install
    1. Install 0630DLC from illusion.jp
    2. Install SBX2.5 uncensor
    3. (Optional) Install translation loader
    4. Extract all files copy into the game folder and overwrite
    5. Install IPA 3.3(drag & drop HoneySelect_xx.exe StudioNEO_xx.exe onto IPA.exe)
    6. (Optional) Install wideslider (run HoneySelect_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe and StudioNEO_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe)
    7. (Optional) Grab cubemaps from https://mega.nz/#F!ofhTgbTQ!fAgjV1YlQ7wRy4vZ-LhZNQ
    • How to use
    Go to chara maker change your characters' skin and face type to the new types(one new body and 21 new faces), and take the LRE sample character as reference to adjust skins. If you have a huge number of characters, I recommend Ultra Char Editor v0.1 for party.
    F5 menu now works in Hscene, StudioNeo and Chara maker.

Upgrade from v2?
    There's not much change to the character, but post effect has greatly changed, the old config files are not compatible, backup the old UserData\GraphicSetting folder just in case you want to roll back.
    • Download

https://mega.nz/#F!8T4nmCwL!Hxn-LMwvc0pKsAtuUthmHA
    • Optional Download

1. Studio Neo items

2. mod converted for HS_LRE

DillDoe's D.VA mod

3. CubeMaps
    Last edited by plasticmind; 10-03-2017, 05:25 AM.

OP can you make a unintall.bat or the origin files? Thank you!

Comment

Can also confirm LRE 2.2 Black screens with honeyselect 0630 as well. StudioNEO seems to work. But we cant edit our characters at all.

Comment

really need help! I download newest version for 4k and LRE but the result still the same
        the game looks ok if using your LRE file but if change curve or modify graphic setting its turn to be darken game

please help how can i fix this or atleast revert its back to the last version

Comment

after update 0630 black screen in main game
          but studio neo is work
          sorry for my english

Comment

After updating the game with the upgrade 6/30, inserted the 4k diffused pack (linear rendering unfortunately creates a black screen during game initialization) now when I call a girl, the game stops during the phase leading to H -scene, forcing me to killf the game process.
            In the log output error I noticed many errors and corrupted files (eg level15 of HoneySelect_64_data ... so does anyone have the same problem?

partial output error log:
            Spoiler
            Code:
            A script behaviour (probably AssetBundleLoadOperation?) has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 32 bytes but expected 60 bytes)
            Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?

(Filename:  Line: 1686)

A script behaviour (probably Studio.LightList?) has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 56 bytes but expected 484 bytes)
            Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?

(Filename:  Line: 1686)

The file */illusion/HoneySelect/HoneySelect_64_Data/level15' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
            [Position out of bounds!]

(Filename:  Line: 217)

The file */illusion/HoneySelect/HoneySelect_64_Data/level15' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
            [Position out of bounds!]

(Filename:  Line: 223)

Needless to add, but specific to avoid misunderstanding, which without the 4k diffuse pack or linear render pack, the game works.
            Last edited by hyperionx; 07-02-2017, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Does anyone have the original LRE kimono outfit/other outfit fixes? Couldn't find them anymore in plasticminds mega folder and don't know what files to take from newest update.

Comment

So far, I've noticed with the 0630 update that:

1. The main game crashes to black screen. Nothing shows up.
                2. Studio works, but my girls all have very redish eyes. The eye whites look red.
                Last edited by jtenma; 07-02-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jtenma View Post
                  So far, I've noticed since the 0630 update that:

1. The main game crashes to black screen. Nothing shows up.
                  2. Studio works, but my girls all have very redish eyes. The eye whites look red.

Better to roll back to 0616? I do not know the impression that it takes some time to fix it. updating 0630 so fundamental?

Comment

Originally posted by hyperionx View Post

Better to roll back to 0616? I do not know the impression that it takes some time to fix it. updating 0630 so fundamental?
                    I've tried rolling back to 0616 and using v2.0 lre but it seems that the lighting gets screwed up. So there are probably some changes made that cannot be reversed so easily.

For reference, I use JSGME (which is a mod installer) and I still couldn't get everything back.

I would wait for plasticmind to update or answer.

Comment

The last update that has changes for the HoneySelect folders (as opposed to Studio) is 0428. I went back to that and reapplied LRE2.2. In addition, the default Config.xml uses experiment_3 that uses tonemapping. Follow plasticmind 's tutorial to create a custom LUT to fit your colour needs.

plasticmind how did you manage to create a custom presets_f_00? SB3U can't read binary TextAssets.

Comment

• hyperionx
                        hyperionx commented
                        Editing a comment
                        jtenma No, I talked about version 0616, unfortunately in version 0630 I solved the problem of black screen .... downloading the full package that plasticmind has released in the #1, but the game arrives until the dialogs pre H-scenes then freeze. (Maybe you have more luck than me)

The CC = Character Creator. :-)
                        p.s I think that ore0 just say that it's still too early to install the latest update .... in fact the mod / translation / 4k update situation is currently being set up for 0616 .... i think i say this .... then I can also go wrong :-D
                        Last edited by hyperionx; 07-02-2017, 09:16 AM.

• jtenma
                        jtenma commented
                        Editing a comment
                        @hyperionx

yea I think that's what he meant too. That sucks but oh well. I am sure plasticmind will get to that when he can.

• ore0
                        ore0 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        jtenma sorry if I was unclear. I also get black screen with 0630 with LRE 2.2, so that's the only DLC I "rolled back" with the method I described in my earlier posts.

EDIT: I think I change my mind. I added more color and, im not sure which LUT I want now:

Spoiler

old version

I went for a more smooth "fresh" look than my older LUT.png I think I like it for now. I still have photoshop open in case I change my mind. It looks abit too dark for me right now so I might chage that.

I like the changes overall. They grow on you. At first, everything looks really dark and shiny until you tweak it. Now I have to redo all my girls again lol!
                      Last edited by jtenma; 07-02-2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• ore0
                        ore0 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        jtenma I too prefer your old version. Have you or anyone noticed that the EX skin now makes the body texture very "coarse"? The face is still smooth enough but the body...especially from the shoulder to the arm, under certain light condition, is like having rash. While I like the direction of going more realistic, both skin and graphic patch, but I have to say I miss the old days of super silky smooth face and body skin.

• jtenma
                        jtenma commented
                        Editing a comment
                        @ore0
                        Yes the knees too. They look red right?

• ore0
                        ore0 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        jtenma well they look blue actually as I took your advice and adjusted the colour range to blueish just to get paler skin. I think we need plastic to show us his settings as I don't see any of his demo pictures are like this (and without the rash)

jtenma : ok, I have reinstalled lre2.2, now I'm getting rid of the gamma correction ... I prefer the reciprocal of 2.2 / 1 = .4545 and then work on the levels using the histograms (at least that's mathematically accurate)
                      I should get something similar but more precise:
                      Spoiler

Comment

• ore0
                        ore0 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        hyperionx nice, mind sharing your full configurations?

• hyperionx
                        hyperionx commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ore0 Then the example above is: LRE2.2 unchanged + reshade with my old profile with a smooth set 3 or 4 or 5-120. Or 10-90 by CC (CM)
                        As I said, I reinstalled LRE 2.2 and I'm working on the Config and LUT parameters to get the same result by removing reshade.

But it's not that simple, I want a version that suits all the default situations and then possibly I can manipulate it with the lights as it likes.

Certainly a comprehensive guide on how to get certain situations would be bad, but without it, it takes a little longer, especially because there are big differences between Game and Stuido NEO.

jtenma : has got a good set of parameters, but I think it still has to work a bit on the back light, if he want. For example, I hate the backlight on the patterns and then I usually start with bloom at 0. But it does not seem to work with config parameters, so I'm trying to figure out where to go.
                        Last edited by hyperionx; 07-05-2017, 03:25 AM.

• ore0
                        ore0 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        hyperionx thanks for the config. look forward to your findings.

Originally posted by ore0 View Post
                      plasticmind how did you manage to create a custom presets_f_00? SB3U can't read binary TextAssets.
                      Just in case that it should be still interesting, I haven't followed completely:

Sb3UGS can not edit binary TextAssets, but it can export and replace them. So in case of PNGs you can replace cards. The functions are in the Assets menu (Alt-O / Alt-I resp.).

Comment

• ore0
                        ore0 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        enimaroah Thanks!!! I didn't know! new default girl here I come!

soulg
                      Ive got you, buddy. Hang tight.

plasticmind

v2.2LRE... same settings (same .xml, same experiment, same LUT)

Character creator:
                      Spoiler

In StudioNEO:
                      Spoiler

It seems that if you brighten your LUT. It will help the character maker,, BUT your STUDIO will be too bright. If you darken your LUT, your maker will suffer, but your studio will be fine (2nd pic).
                      Last edited by jtenma; 07-02-2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• ore0
                        ore0 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yea I think plasticmind mentioned that in his update, or use a different StylePreset for each.

Originally posted by jtenma View Post
                      soulg
                      Ive got you, buddy. Hang tight.

It seems that if you brighten your LUT. It will help the character maker,, BUT your STUDIO will be too bright. If you darken your LUT, your maker will suffer, but your studio will be fine (2nd pic).
                      Are you using trilight or flat in HSStudioNEo addon ? Plastic designed the linear thing around using that lighting in Studio.

I made a post here http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...33#post5803133 with how to initially configure the lut in NEO and yeah it's bright, as you can see in the post, then you bring the tones and the colour in with photoshop to create your curve, then go back into neo and turn on the lighting and it's really nice.

I tried yours and it was a ittle darker and had more contrast than mine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170620172835067.png Views:	2 Size:	458.8 KB ID:	5805298Click image for larger version  Name:	20170624003607119.png Views:	2 Size:	536.4 KB ID:	5805299

These above two are mine, the initial is no lighting, no screen effects default 1.00 camera with a 100 white light the second is with SSAO, SSR self shadows and trilight at 1.50 100/100/100. I did it this way as I can then adjust the lighting up and down as necessary from basically max brightness You can see in the second shot how the background goes white once the lighting applies and actually corrects itself.

The below two are yours under the same conditions
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	20170702200022315.png Views:	1 Size:	547.6 KB ID:	5805300Click image for larger version  Name:	20170702200112096.png Views:	1 Size:	565.0 KB ID:	5805301

With the way I did it I wanted somewhat max brightness as a way of addressing the darker main game, so this was the best balance I could find while also allowing for paler skin types, not that this example shows that. I don't know if that helps any, it's really down to preference I guess and how you generally like to light your scenes.

I should note that I only use the ex_skin.
                      Last edited by soulg; 07-02-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• jtenma
                        jtenma commented
                        Editing a comment
                        wait.. there is a way to access the add on in the char creator? How?

I should reiterate that I am NOT having issues in studio. Only the char maker. the lighting I used in that studio scene (2nd pic) was an "overall light" plus camera light. no flat or tri. The first pic is char maker.
                        Last edited by jtenma; 07-02-2017, 08:34 PM.
                    Working...
                    X