Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Skin] HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

To simplify the install process. In this new version, the latest Graphic Patch (v17.07) from 4K diffuse pack, HS image based lighting (3.0) and lighting rendering asistant (1.0) are included.

The game adds a strong S curve at the end of the process, and uses textures with diminished contrast and saturation, which not only makes texture artifact more visible, but also interferes with the linear rendering workflow. PBR shader is designed to create photo-realistic rendering but it only works in linear space, when it's not working in the linear space, we'll see either too strong reflection or too strong shadow just what HS looks like. What I'm trying to do is fix both the texture and curve so that PBR shader can work in the linear space, the results are promising.

gamma rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> gamma corrected image

linear rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> linear space texture --> rendering in linear space --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

HS rendering workflow
    over corrected gamma texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> color correction curve --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

Directional light fall-off

This is the comparison on unity manual
    • Dependency
    1. 170630 DLC;
    2. SBX2 Uncensor version 2.5 or after;
    3. IPA
    • What can you expect?
    1. Mathematically correct lighting;
    2. Much better texture detail;
    • Screenshots

Spoiler

New screenshots featuring HDR rendering and ACES Tone mapping
    Spoiler

Screenshots with Image based lighting
    https://imgcave.com/album/Q2UI
    • Limit
    Now it only works on female characters, everything else looks gray until their textures been fixed. So I recommend using this on a fresh install, or do a complete backup of your game, and only use it in Studio Neo, if you're using it in main game, press X to disable map. Fully colorable clothes or items can be fixed by readjusting the color.
    The Chara maker background can only set to solid color now, but you can load cubemaps in chara maker.
    • How to install
    1. Install 0630DLC from illusion.jp
    2. Install SBX2.5 uncensor
    3. (Optional) Install translation loader
    4. Extract all files copy into the game folder and overwrite
    5. Install IPA 3.3(drag & drop HoneySelect_xx.exe StudioNEO_xx.exe onto IPA.exe)
    6. (Optional) Install wideslider (run HoneySelect_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe and StudioNEO_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe)
    7. (Optional) Grab cubemaps from https://mega.nz/#F!ofhTgbTQ!fAgjV1YlQ7wRy4vZ-LhZNQ
    • How to use
    Go to chara maker change your characters' skin and face type to the new types(one new body and 21 new faces), and take the LRE sample character as reference to adjust skins. If you have a huge number of characters, I recommend Ultra Char Editor v0.1 for party.
    F5 menu now works in Hscene, StudioNeo and Chara maker.

Upgrade from v2?
    There's not much change to the character, but post effect has greatly changed, the old config files are not compatible, backup the old UserData\GraphicSetting folder just in case you want to roll back.
    • Download

https://mega.nz/#F!8T4nmCwL!Hxn-LMwvc0pKsAtuUthmHA
    • Optional Download

1. Studio Neo items

2. mod converted for HS_LRE

DillDoe's D.VA mod

3. CubeMaps
    Last edited by plasticmind; 10-03-2017, 05:25 AM.

Yeah Plastic set regular game to the same lighting as tri lighting. So when you create your curve/lut in NEO you want it to be with trilighting on, then adjust your gamma and all that to the brightness and colour you want. Once you do that, the main game will look just like it does in NEO.

Comment

any way to deactivate trilight on game? its impossible to get decent pale skins with that on
      Last edited by shadowht; 07-03-2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• jtenma
        jtenma commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I don't really like the trilight either :/

Maybe a version without trilight?
        Last edited by jtenma; 07-03-2017, 09:56 AM.

So I gave in. Made a brand new LUT for "trilight/flatlight".... >:c Im so salty right now, but it DOES look good <.<

EDIT2 w/ trilight:

Spoiler

A remake of one of my older scenes using trilight set up +LRE 2.2

EDIT1:

welp. Guess I will be using flat AND TRI LOL light from now on... *grumble grumble*

now to tweak my clothes/girls skin color.
      Last edited by jtenma; 07-04-2017, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• ore0
        ore0 commented
        Editing a comment
        looks great but we need to fix the rash...look at the back of the thighs...

• Adwas
        Adwas commented
        Editing a comment
        I really dont want to be a bother but can you please share your config, your adjustment looks really great while my LUT is just plain bad (looks ok in screen but when ingame its just too much light)

Any word on the black screen in game and studio classic?

I thought I backed up all the files this mod replaces, but even after reverting to backup the problem persisted. Seems weird, right?

I installed optional deps as some have recommended, but no luck.

Comment

Can someone actually come up with a tutorial how to use lighting properly with the latest LRE? Only I see is people bragging about their success with the latest version without actually helping anyone. Thank god I still have the first version because the latest version is just too much of a hazzle to get working properly. I seriously appreciate the effort plasticmind, but is it really worth if only handfull of people can only get it working properly? Atleast someone make a guide how to get started with trilight + lut etc.

Comment

• jtenma
          jtenma commented
          Editing a comment
          Plasticmind has a tutorial that you can download, but it IS outdated. (Example: I don't see anywhere on the first page where he makes mention of trilight being the new default). That is what threw me off as well.

Is there something specific you need help with? I would love to help once I get back, but I don't know what exactly you need help with.

Also, I've been thinking of making a CURRENT guide for a while now, but plasticmind keeps changing how LRE works (and how it handles light) that my guides would be outdated by the time I publish them.

Edit: also keep in mind as well, the current patch (0630) is NOT compatible at all. So unless you use a mod installer to uninstall the latest dlc, lre will not work.
          Last edited by jtenma; 07-04-2017, 06:57 PM.

• Super Hentai Man
          Super Hentai Man commented
          Editing a comment
          I hate to see it too when people bragging about success but not helping us who can not understand. I see too many who can not get the lights of this mod in a way they think looking good. So I use the old LRE too because of this. I do not want to make it worse when it is working even a little.

Here is my first test, which includes:
        Modified Lut + modified experiment_3.
        and Interesting formula Jim Hejl and Richard Burgess-Dawson applied.
        All studio neo screen effects parameter is off. only SSAO is active and default
        Camera Lights standard (1,0,0)

First non-definitive result:
        Spoiler

I have to increase and I still have to work on skin tones/
        I prefer less brightness, but anyway it slightly, but it is respond better to overlight ?... I have to try

Second test:

Spoiler

Last edited by hyperionx; 07-05-2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

plasticmind I wasn't sure if you were away or whatever, but seeing as you posted the cubemap lighting I'll assume you're around. Can we get any acknowledgment of the 6/30 patch changes and what that means going forward? Do we have to revert and not patch the game any further from this point on or is the mod going to continue being worked on?

I won't even bother installing the cube lighting mod at this point because I've got not way of altering colours or anything on actors to test changes until this is resolved. If you're done with the mod and don't want to keep up with the patches that's fine I'll deal with it but otherwise I'm just looking for some conformation that you're planning on an update?

Comment

• plasticmind
            plasticmind commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't test the 0630DLC, but looks like no new features are added, I think I'll wait a month or so, if no more updates are coming then I'll make a new version based on this DLC.

• vanderyan
            vanderyan commented
            Editing a comment
            You should tho, Plastic. Update 0630 full just been released.
            Probably due new items, some just install
            Right now, it causes black screen and crash the game ( This one I got by overwrite with dlc first , then graphic patch and translation patch as usual. Can play but on hroom it will crash )

plasticmind There were new features added to NEO by way of items and such in the 6/30 patch however it alters files related to the main game.. If we use either LRE or diffuse, it breaks the main game. So essentially we have to revert all the way back to the 4/28 dlc launch to fix what 6/30 changed, and then re-install everything up to 6/19 to use the current iteration of LRE or graphics patch unless you want to re-upload the older versions. That then breaks some other recent plug in mods that were updated to work with it unfortunately. This is why I asked, I don't really want to revert studio gains and plug in updates just so I can continue using this but it's one mod over 4 and I don't have to revert to 2 months ago .

I guess if it's going to be a month or so I'll just go back to no 4k.

Comment

plasticmind "I didn't test the 0630DLC, but looks like no new features are added, I think I'll wait a month or so, if no more updates are coming then I'll make a new version based on this DLC."

Did you even look at the contents of the 6/30 patch? There are many, many updated files in the HoneySelect_32 & 64 Data folders, which is precisely why people are having issues in regards to the main game; particularly h-mode, where all they see is a black screen, upon loading it.

At the very least, show some love and concern for those of us who are using only the 4k diffuse/performance mods, and not just all things related to the LRE.
            Last edited by tmvaegis; 07-05-2017, 11:43 PM.

Comment

If you have installed the 0630DLC and run into random game crash, this hotfix will help you revert to Linear rendering experiment v2.2
              https://mega.nz/#!VTYUADAK!Q8nIn5QVr...LocwEI6QBksayQ
              Last edited by plasticmind; 07-06-2017, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by plasticmind View Post

If you have installed the 0630DLC and run into random game crash, this hotfix will help you revert to Linear rendering experiment v2.2
                https://mega.nz/#!VTYUADAK!Q8nIn5QVr...LocwEI6QBksayQ
                wow, thanks man! It fixed the main game for me, I thought I will have to reinstall the whole game.

Comment

Thanks for your work! But is there a way to remove it without reinstalling everything?

Comment

The EX skin looks great, but all my other charecters look extremely washed out, do I need to redo all of them with the EX skin?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorUchiha View Post
                      The EX skin looks great, but all my other charecters look extremely washed out, do I need to redo all of them with the EX skin?
                      There's a very helpful utility here

Drag and drop my default character on the left, and all your cards on the right. only need to replace the skin.
                      and go into chara maker, change the face texture.

Comment

Hello plasticmind .

I am not sure if this came from this mod or the 4k diffuse mod (since it is a dependency for this anyway):

1. As you can see, there is a very distinct red color in the whiteness of the eye.
                        Spoiler

Is there a way to get rid of this? Or turn it back to the way it was (solid white color with no red?)

2. Also, when transparency is set to "0", another eye color is underneath?
                        Spoiler

it looks like "EyeBall_Base_Color" is set to be red AND have an iris there? Error?

EDIT: in case anyone else doesnt like those changes like myself, the culprit is "cf_head" located in abdata/chara folder. Before installing this mod, you can remove it from plasticmind's mod folder and you should be gtg. Provided you didnt make any other changes.
                        Last edited by jtenma; 07-08-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• shinki
                          shinki commented
                          Editing a comment
                          omg she has become a vampire. o.o

• jtenma
                          jtenma commented
                          Editing a comment
                          @shinki

well yea I did that to help show the difference. That is a sample girl I believe #3 or something. lol.
                      Working...
                      X