Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Skin] HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

To simplify the install process. In this new version, the latest Graphic Patch (v17.07) from 4K diffuse pack, HS image based lighting (3.0) and lighting rendering asistant (1.0) are included.

The game adds a strong S curve at the end of the process, and uses textures with diminished contrast and saturation, which not only makes texture artifact more visible, but also interferes with the linear rendering workflow. PBR shader is designed to create photo-realistic rendering but it only works in linear space, when it's not working in the linear space, we'll see either too strong reflection or too strong shadow just what HS looks like. What I'm trying to do is fix both the texture and curve so that PBR shader can work in the linear space, the results are promising.

gamma rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> gamma corrected image

linear rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> linear space texture --> rendering in linear space --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

HS rendering workflow
    over corrected gamma texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> color correction curve --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

Directional light fall-off

This is the comparison on unity manual
    • Dependency
    1. 170630 DLC;
    2. SBX2 Uncensor version 2.5 or after;
    3. IPA
    • What can you expect?
    1. Mathematically correct lighting;
    2. Much better texture detail;
    • Screenshots

Spoiler

New screenshots featuring HDR rendering and ACES Tone mapping
    Spoiler

Screenshots with Image based lighting
    https://imgcave.com/album/Q2UI
    • Limit
    Now it only works on female characters, everything else looks gray until their textures been fixed. So I recommend using this on a fresh install, or do a complete backup of your game, and only use it in Studio Neo, if you're using it in main game, press X to disable map. Fully colorable clothes or items can be fixed by readjusting the color.
    The Chara maker background can only set to solid color now, but you can load cubemaps in chara maker.
    • How to install
    1. Install 0630DLC from illusion.jp
    2. Install SBX2.5 uncensor
    3. (Optional) Install translation loader
    4. Extract all files copy into the game folder and overwrite
    5. Install IPA 3.3(drag & drop HoneySelect_xx.exe StudioNEO_xx.exe onto IPA.exe)
    6. (Optional) Install wideslider (run HoneySelect_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe and StudioNEO_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe)
    7. (Optional) Grab cubemaps from https://mega.nz/#F!ofhTgbTQ!fAgjV1YlQ7wRy4vZ-LhZNQ
    • How to use
    Go to chara maker change your characters' skin and face type to the new types(one new body and 21 new faces), and take the LRE sample character as reference to adjust skins. If you have a huge number of characters, I recommend Ultra Char Editor v0.1 for party.
    F5 menu now works in Hscene, StudioNeo and Chara maker.

Upgrade from v2?
    There's not much change to the character, but post effect has greatly changed, the old config files are not compatible, backup the old UserData\GraphicSetting folder just in case you want to roll back.
    • Download

https://mega.nz/#F!8T4nmCwL!Hxn-LMwvc0pKsAtuUthmHA
    • Optional Download

1. Studio Neo items

2. mod converted for HS_LRE

DillDoe's D.VA mod

3. CubeMaps
    Last edited by plasticmind; 10-03-2017, 05:25 AM.

Hi!Can somebody explain difference between HS linear rendering experiment (v2.2) and HS linear rendering experiment (v2.2) [full version]?

Comment

• plasticmind
      plasticmind commented
      Editing a comment
      full version also include 4K diffuse pack and some newly added texture fix

Thank you for answer

Comment

quick question: Is there a way adjust the amount of lighting the character creator shows without making changes to my LUT. I'd like to make the character creator a bit lighter, but dont want to change my lut. Is there a value I could change?

Comment

• plasticmind
        plasticmind commented
        Editing a comment
        "exposure" I think
        I can't enable HDR in chara maker, so it looks different from other places.

• jtenma
        jtenma commented
        Editing a comment
        @plasticmind
        Thank you. I will try exposure.

Hi, I just started using your mod and although I think it's great overall there is one thing that bothers me about it.

Ever since I installed it all of my characters skin colours have come out looking...dead. Like I can't get a natural skin tone no matter how I fiddle with the colours and settings.

Here is an example of what I mean by this:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	deadskin.png Views:	1 Size:	64.5 KB ID:	5807086

How can I get any character to have a livelier appearance like in one of your examples?

Prior to installing this mod it was easy to get my characters to have a healthy glow to them.

Comment

• plasticmind
        plasticmind commented
        Editing a comment
        I set my character as default preset in chara maker, you can use it as example.

• jtenma
        jtenma commented
        Editing a comment
        you have to redo your LUT. The charmaker IS dark, but it shouldn't be that dark. If you already adjusted your LUT, youll just need to readjust your skin colors as well. Even if you arent using the EX skins (diffuse skins as well).

• plasticmind
        plasticmind commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually LUTs are not necessary (BTW the basic color grading is also provided by an internal LUT), ACES tone mapping is good enough, my screenshots are using experiment_3 and the default character in chara maker, with all lighting set to default.

I plasticmind Before Thank you for your work,
      I have two problems:
      1) On roy12 face models, the new LRE skin (Body ex01) differs between face and body so therefore it is impossible with CC (CM) to match skin color values. (Is there a solution?)
      2) (game) The pre-H scenes dialogs are white in an absurd way, while everything else respects the parameters set by LUT. But there is no difference whether the LUT is active or not active: true or false or natural.. (How can the parameters be different? Are cutscenes?)

Spoiler

Thank you!
      Last edited by hyperionx; 07-10-2017, 04:11 AM.

Comment

• plasticmind
        plasticmind commented
        Editing a comment
        lighting are not controlled by level file or presets in h/map in those ADV scenes, I have no idea where to tweak.

• hyperionx
        hyperionx commented
        Editing a comment
        Code:
        <Config>
          <Bloom>
            <Bloomintensity>0.6</Bloomintensity>
            <BloomThreshold>0.5</BloomThreshold>
            <BloomBlurSpread>1</BloomBlurSpread>
          </Bloom>
          <ColorCorrectionCurve>
            <Curve>2</Curve>
          </ColorCorrectionCurve>
          <ToneMapping>
            <tonemapper>1</tonemapper>
            <exposure>1</exposure>
            <Lut>True</Lut>
            <LutName>Neutral</LutName>
            <LutContribution>1</LutContribution>
            <temperatureShift>0</temperatureShift>
            <tint>0</tint>
            <contrast>1</contrast>
            <hue>0</hue>
            <saturation>1</saturation>
            <value>1</value>
            <vibrance>0</vibrance>
            <gain>1</gain>
            <gamma>0.4545</gamma>
          </ToneMapping>
        </Config>
        So I managed to restore the brightness of the pre-H-scenes,(with gamma) but the problem was reversed in the game. That is, the H scenes are all white. Just as the pre-H scenes were before. Yet I did not touch anything, today the game woke up like this.
        LOL

Hi plasticmid, I've away from this for a while, but now I see you've done a really good job. Just reinstalled the game with all latest dlcs and your patch. Iooks like i need to change roy12's textures again to make it work with EX body?
      «Where the war is more decent than sex — there always will be a bloodshed.»

Comment

• HanmenNoAsura
        HanmenNoAsura commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Just wondering is that alloy skin shader has SSS maps? If this so, it's really sad. I think it would be very cool to see that feature in this game. What do you planning to do now? Any improvements of your old mods?

• plasticmind
        plasticmind commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Alloy shader is probably the best shader. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11978
        I think I’m just waiting for the illusion’s next title.

• HanmenNoAsura
        HanmenNoAsura commented
        Editing a comment
        Is it possible to come back at standard rendering after the Linear? Copy past from 4K and graphics patch?

It's a good mod but in my personal opinion the colors on the custom skin from the mod are like... off? Like even a pale character on a default skin will look dark when changing the skin and that kinda bothers me as I can't achieve having a more pale character with the mod's skin, but yeah it's still a nice touch to have the mod and a good thing to tinker and tweak settings with :v
      "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, AAAH, POURRA! HU-HU"

Comment

Hello plasticmind! quick question, is it possible to decrease the amount of red in the eye white texture? some of my characters look kind off high because of that Thank you !

Comment

• jtenma
          jtenma commented
          Editing a comment
          http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...79#post5806579

yea I mentioned that too as well. What I did was delete this (cf_head) and it worked. It basically makes the eyes how they used to be. Keep in mind that you will lose his tongue textures to as well.

• Lavalamp22
          Lavalamp22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you works Very well !

istalo I actually managed to get pale skin quite well. The problem is that the character creator doesnt really represent what the character will look like in studio (like it used to somewhat in LRE version 1.0).

Spoiler

Extremely pale skin, right? The thing is, it doesnt look anything like that in the creator. If I hadnt mistakenly started up studio to check, I would have never known. It baffles me. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get the creator to match what the studio looks like with this mod (without changing the config.xml or LUT). I wish vrl0ver made the addon mod possible in the creator mode so we can alter the trilights there too as well. This would bring both versions of the game closer together in brightness and color.

Try this:
        [From top to bottom]
        Base:

Shine:

Then, keep shine "intensity" low at around "6" or so. And "softness" a little higher to around "~80ish". that gets you pale skin.

I do that on some of my characters. Although the result may vary due to your LUT. Good luck!
        Last edited by jtenma; 07-12-2017, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• frankoboff
          frankoboff commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for this- I've been playing around with shine settings and found you get better skin realism/depth (less like plastic) if you use a non-white coloured shine- usually a light desatuared blue gives a realsitic look- this applies to non-caucasian skins also.

• ProXpert
          ProXpert commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey sorry to bother could you share your LRE preset with me? as in the style and config files and LUT.. Thank you.

I'm having a really hard time messing around with it.

So uh, is there like a page or something that like.. People can share their presets and config files and LUTs and such? Because like.. I'm so damn lost.

Comment

help!! i need uninstall this! someone help me! i forget make a backup

Comment

plasticmind would you mind explaining why your new textures have colorspace flagged as 1, which is gamma space in SB3U? I read your explanation in #20.1 but still don't understand. Does that mean these are gamma space textures and would go through the linear rendering workflow as you stated in #20.1? If so, wouldn't gamma textures be a lot paler? Your textures are already in the correct colours. Thanks.

Comment

EX body skin is incompatible with roy12's mod. There's slightly visible seam around next at darker tone in other 4K skin as well.
              Is there a fix ?
              Last edited by fallengt; 07-15-2017, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Hey does this work in regular studio, or just in the main game and Neo? As that's how it is for me.

Comment

plasticmind Is there a way to use new EX body skin with roy12 face models?

Unfortunately using the 4k textures (vampire etc.) with LRE2.x is not possible, they will vanquish all LRE's work. But roy12's meshes are imported from precise models so we like
                  Is not there a way to use new skins wiht roy face? And especially who should technically intervene for any correction? You or roy12 admitted that one of the two is going to do it?
                  Thank you

Comment

Working...
                  X