Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Skin] HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

To simplify the install process. In this new version, the latest Graphic Patch (v17.07) from 4K diffuse pack, HS image based lighting (3.0) and lighting rendering asistant (1.0) are included.

The game adds a strong S curve at the end of the process, and uses textures with diminished contrast and saturation, which not only makes texture artifact more visible, but also interferes with the linear rendering workflow. PBR shader is designed to create photo-realistic rendering but it only works in linear space, when it's not working in the linear space, we'll see either too strong reflection or too strong shadow just what HS looks like. What I'm trying to do is fix both the texture and curve so that PBR shader can work in the linear space, the results are promising.

gamma rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> gamma corrected image

linear rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> linear space texture --> rendering in linear space --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

HS rendering workflow
    over corrected gamma texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> color correction curve --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

Directional light fall-off

This is the comparison on unity manual
    • Dependency
    1. 170630 DLC;
    2. SBX2 Uncensor version 2.5 or after;
    3. IPA
    • What can you expect?
    1. Mathematically correct lighting;
    2. Much better texture detail;
    • Screenshots

Spoiler

New screenshots featuring HDR rendering and ACES Tone mapping
    Spoiler

Screenshots with Image based lighting
    https://imgcave.com/album/Q2UI
    • Limit
    Now it only works on female characters, everything else looks gray until their textures been fixed. So I recommend using this on a fresh install, or do a complete backup of your game, and only use it in Studio Neo, if you're using it in main game, press X to disable map. Fully colorable clothes or items can be fixed by readjusting the color.
    The Chara maker background can only set to solid color now, but you can load cubemaps in chara maker.
    • How to install
    1. Install 0630DLC from illusion.jp
    2. Install SBX2.5 uncensor
    3. (Optional) Install translation loader
    4. Extract all files copy into the game folder and overwrite
    5. Install IPA 3.3(drag & drop HoneySelect_xx.exe StudioNEO_xx.exe onto IPA.exe)
    6. (Optional) Install wideslider (run HoneySelect_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe and StudioNEO_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe)
    7. (Optional) Grab cubemaps from https://mega.nz/#F!ofhTgbTQ!fAgjV1YlQ7wRy4vZ-LhZNQ
    • How to use
    Go to chara maker change your characters' skin and face type to the new types(one new body and 21 new faces), and take the LRE sample character as reference to adjust skins. If you have a huge number of characters, I recommend Ultra Char Editor v0.1 for party.
    F5 menu now works in Hscene, StudioNeo and Chara maker.

Upgrade from v2?
    There's not much change to the character, but post effect has greatly changed, the old config files are not compatible, backup the old UserData\GraphicSetting folder just in case you want to roll back.
    • Download

https://mega.nz/#F!8T4nmCwL!Hxn-LMwvc0pKsAtuUthmHA
    • Optional Download

1. Studio Neo items

2. mod converted for HS_LRE

DillDoe's D.VA mod

3. CubeMaps
    Last edited by plasticmind; 10-03-2017, 05:25 AM.

Hi plasticmind, first I want to thank you for your mods, are amazing, but can you help me with this?, I got it after installing the HS Linear Rendering Experiment vr. 2.2 full version.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Luxurias
      Luxurias commented
      Editing a comment
      Same thing here

• Se7enex
      Se7enex commented
      Editing a comment
      Same, I have the game updated completely and I've only applied english translation and uncensors.

EDIT: I tried the normal (Not full) version and the game doesn't even run, hangs on a blackscreen with the cursor.
      Last edited by Se7enex; 07-19-2017, 06:57 PM.

Hey Guy's i just wanted to say firstly thank you for your hard work & mod.
    I would like to thank the Hongfire & Anime-Sharing Staff for there hard work and dedication to Happy Games-Movies-Pictures/Wallpapers for all Anime & Hentai fans alike.
    And i hope you allow me to ask for your help yet again. I have the same problem as Post #5 on this thread i can't seem to find the Ex-Head skin option to correct this "Flaw" eather i didn't download it or it's right infront of my nose and im over complicating things by thinking to much....Another problem i have is "Adjust the Curve & Lighting" where do i do that?
    Im a laymen's term kindof guy & i have a pretty good reading comprehension...and something tells me that this setting isn't in game it's rewriting code in the game dir Config...i just want to know where do i look and start Thank you for your time.

Edit: well this explains everything sort of. everything is explained on the following mod page "4K skin diffuse initial pack (for HS Party) update 2017/06/19"...
    Well that explains it considering i downloaded this stuff from pastebin and not the site.
    Still doesn't fix the Ex-Head mesh problem. tho
    Last edited by chimara38; 07-17-2017, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Bit of an odd question, is there any way to only get the new reflexions for the skin without all the other stuff ?

Comment

So I installed this today and beforehand i made a backup but somehow (not sure how, i was really tired lol) I installed LRE on both my regular game and my backup!
        Is there anyway to uninstall this and if not is there a possibility we could get an uninstall file? In Neo preset 0 fixes all my broken characters but in the actual game i cant get the same result, the presets are to dark and the experimental ones are washed out and turn everyone grey.
        I really dont wanna start all over again can anyone please help me uninstall this? Ive looked for previous versions of lre to see if that could fix it but i cant find anything

Comment

• Se7enex
          Se7enex commented
          Editing a comment
          The easiest way to "uninstall" is to overwrite it with the uncensor patches and update patch for those, it will restore characters to default however I'm afraid of what LRE might have left behind so I sucked it up and redownloaded the torrent, making sure to leave a backup for now on.

I add a new option: CharaMakerReform. This option will change rendering path in chara maker to deferred rendering path, and enable HDR, so your character won't look so different from the rest of the game and HSIBL can be used in the charamaker, but background image won't displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by plasticmind View Post
          I add a new option: CharaMakerReform. This option will change rendering path in chara maker to deferred rendering path, and enable HDR, so your character won't look so different from the rest of the game and HSIBL can be used in the charamaker, but background image won't displayed.
          Hello! Installed LRE3.0 and got a very blurry picture. Graphics at the maximum. Help me pls.

Comment

I installed LRE 3.0 and image based lighting. Character and map are flickering/vibrating which is annoying. The antiflicker does nothing.

Comment

LEXYS Marmot2

​​​​​​​Try this presets
              https://mega.nz/#!hKgXyKqa!VIXp26zO7...n7nghYfPPkvwZs

Comment

• LEXYS
                LEXYS commented
                Editing a comment
                Many thanks. Everything is working.

• Garrold
                Garrold commented
                Editing a comment
                Ty, Ty. That fixed it for me as well!

plasticmind Any chance we could get an uninstall file of at least a way to turn lre off or maybe revert to vanilla lighting for main game?
              Or maybe we could get a reup of previous versions?

Comment

• plasticmind
                plasticmind commented
                Editing a comment
                I don’t have backups either, reinstall the game and unsensor, you won’t lose any mods.

• plasticmind How do i reinstall the game without losing mods? would i also need to reapply every patch?

Comment

• darkninjavn
                darkninjavn commented
                Editing a comment
                just use Lighting Rendering Assistant to set your lighting
                Last edited by darkninjavn; 07-20-2017, 08:35 AM.

• Congrats on another update plasticmind! I'm using it in the main game only and it's nothing short of amazing!
              Hopefully, future updates will see the male character skin see some love.

Comment

• plasticmind
                plasticmind commented
                Editing a comment
                Illusion never used high quality male skin in their released games.

• Garrold
                Garrold commented
                Editing a comment
                Does that mean it's gonna stay gray/desaturated forever?

• plasticmind Thanks for the new version, I have some questions:

So should the style folder and custom lutes be deleted, or ignored and turned off?

Can I map the F5 key with a combination that does not interfere with the Mouth preset of another plugin?

​​​​​​​The HSIBL interface must also appear in character maker and game ?, because otherwise I will not work.
              Last edited by hyperionx; 07-20-2017, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• plasticmind
                plasticmind commented
                Editing a comment
                Style and curve folders can be deleted, Luts are still in use.

• hyperionx
                hyperionx commented
                Editing a comment
                So can I use my lut !?

Can I map the F5 key with a combination that does not interfere with the Mouth preset of another plugin? (It seems to me the shortcut plugin)

​​​​​​​The HSIBL interface must also appear in character maker and game ?, because otherwise I will not work.

Thank You
                Last edited by hyperionx; 07-20-2017, 09:27 AM.

• It seems whenever you change cubemap, ambient light 'll reset back to skybox mode. Isn't big problem in StudioNeo where you can change mode anytime but in other scenes you can't.

plasticmind Can you look into it ?

Comment

• plasticmind
                plasticmind commented
                Editing a comment
                That's how image based lighting is designed. After loading a cubemap, you'll need to adjust camera exposure to adapt to the environment.

• Just stopping by to say excellent work again.

Im glad you added a way to get the lighting similar across the character creator AND the studio. This helped me out tremendously when making proper skin color:

Proof of Concept

Pale:
              Spoiler

Brown:
              Spoiler

EDIT:
              Spoiler

Courtesy of samsam92 for making this particular cat girl :3 But I just want to show that it doesnt matter what type of girl you make. LUT is KING.

The way light hits the skin -- it is so great. Now I will be hooked on the character creation even more... Cant wait till I have more time to really test this out.
              Last edited by jtenma; 07-21-2017, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• shinki
                shinki commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe you should post these on the picture thread too, wink wink. xD

• jtenma
                jtenma commented
                Editing a comment
                @shinki
                They aren't really poses, they are just scenes I threw together really fast borrowing scenes from MOUSEDEL. When I get more time perhaps but I don't think they are too good. :/ I just wanted to show lighting changes.

• Lilbebaboba
                Lilbebaboba commented
                Editing a comment
                Your scenes look incredible jtenma

Are there character cards for the models under "pale"?
                Last edited by Lilbebaboba; 07-23-2017, 05:07 PM.

• Great work.. finally got my customizer color and neo color matched

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170722011238063.png Views:	1 Size:	41.0 KB ID:	5809893

Last edited by nyaacho; 07-21-2017, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X