Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Skin] HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

To simplify the install process. In this new version, the latest Graphic Patch (v17.07) from 4K diffuse pack, HS image based lighting (3.0) and lighting rendering asistant (1.0) are included.

The game adds a strong S curve at the end of the process, and uses textures with diminished contrast and saturation, which not only makes texture artifact more visible, but also interferes with the linear rendering workflow. PBR shader is designed to create photo-realistic rendering but it only works in linear space, when it's not working in the linear space, we'll see either too strong reflection or too strong shadow just what HS looks like. What I'm trying to do is fix both the texture and curve so that PBR shader can work in the linear space, the results are promising.

gamma rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> gamma corrected image

linear rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> linear space texture --> rendering in linear space --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

HS rendering workflow
    over corrected gamma texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> color correction curve --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

Directional light fall-off

This is the comparison on unity manual
    • Dependency
    1. 170630 DLC;
    2. SBX2 Uncensor version 2.5 or after;
    3. IPA
    • What can you expect?
    1. Mathematically correct lighting;
    2. Much better texture detail;
    • Screenshots

Spoiler

New screenshots featuring HDR rendering and ACES Tone mapping
    Spoiler

Screenshots with Image based lighting
    https://imgcave.com/album/Q2UI
    • Limit
    Now it only works on female characters, everything else looks gray until their textures been fixed. So I recommend using this on a fresh install, or do a complete backup of your game, and only use it in Studio Neo, if you're using it in main game, press X to disable map. Fully colorable clothes or items can be fixed by readjusting the color.
    The Chara maker background can only set to solid color now, but you can load cubemaps in chara maker.
    • How to install
    1. Install 0630DLC from illusion.jp
    2. Install SBX2.5 uncensor
    3. (Optional) Install translation loader
    4. Extract all files copy into the game folder and overwrite
    5. Install IPA 3.3(drag & drop HoneySelect_xx.exe StudioNEO_xx.exe onto IPA.exe)
    6. (Optional) Install wideslider (run HoneySelect_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe and StudioNEO_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe)
    7. (Optional) Grab cubemaps from https://mega.nz/#F!ofhTgbTQ!fAgjV1YlQ7wRy4vZ-LhZNQ
    • How to use
    Go to chara maker change your characters' skin and face type to the new types(one new body and 21 new faces), and take the LRE sample character as reference to adjust skins. If you have a huge number of characters, I recommend Ultra Char Editor v0.1 for party.
    F5 menu now works in Hscene, StudioNeo and Chara maker.

Upgrade from v2?
    There's not much change to the character, but post effect has greatly changed, the old config files are not compatible, backup the old UserData\GraphicSetting folder just in case you want to roll back.
    • Download

https://mega.nz/#F!8T4nmCwL!Hxn-LMwvc0pKsAtuUthmHA
    • Optional Download

1. Studio Neo items

2. mod converted for HS_LRE

DillDoe's D.VA mod

3. CubeMaps
    Last edited by plasticmind; 10-03-2017, 05:25 AM.

• This mods is amazing, im really happy about the visual rendering, same without "redshade"

! only one thing ! my custom background doesnt appear in the editor mode and the only one background is BLUE, a solution please ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Estevan View Post
      This mods is amazing, im really happy about the visual rendering, same without "redshade"

! only one thing ! my custom background doesnt appear in the editor mode and the only one background is BLUE, a solution please ?
      You can change CharaMakerReform to false in UserData\GraphicSetting\Config.xml. But your character will look different from the rest of the game, and HSIBL will pop up a warning to help you correct this every time you press F5 in the charamaker.

Comment

• Estevan
        Estevan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your quick reply and congratulations again for the work done

• Hello, hope someone can help me with thease. I've intalled everything and the game works perfecly, however when i open SutudioNEO can't load any character, also the System menu can't be open. Is there any way to fix this?

Comment

• plasticmind
        plasticmind commented
        Editing a comment
        Most likely you didn't have the latest 0630DLC.

• Nemosunrutas
        Nemosunrutas commented
        Editing a comment
        Worked like a charm after i did what you said. Thank you so much for answering my question and for all your hard hork.

• Hi so I have tried to change my style preset what happened is... well after launching the game and going to female creator I havent seen any changes in bloom parameters also in curve ,so i went back to config.xml and i saw that my line <StylePreset>whatever</StylePreset> disappeared lol. After theoretically reinstalling the game because I have installed 630 update still the same thing. I would appreciate any help ,I have got everything from this pastebin: <link removed>
      Last edited by enimaroah; 07-24-2017, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• plasticmind
        plasticmind commented
        Editing a comment
        The old style presets are deprecated, new presets are in ImageEffect folder.

• Laaven,
      Links to copyrighted material are not allowed to be posted on HF! We are in a DMCA zone.

Comment

• Man... Your mod is awesome. I never think this is possible on HS. The quality is amazing.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	49.2 KB ID:	5810693

My only problem is F5 is the hotkey to "change eyes" on "Shortcuts Plugin - POV, Futa, Animations etc".

Comment

• hyperionx
          hyperionx commented
          Editing a comment
          press S to disable Shortcuts plugin and press f5 to manipulate lights, when the lights work is done, turn off HSIBL(F5) and re-press S to reactivate Shortcuts plugin :-)
          ---Repeat the procedure every time you want to access HSIBL and do not forget it---

Sure to have a combination of keys free, Such as a hardkey on the Home button ( Now LRE is home.:-), would make the job easier. In fact every time, I, I have to press S to remember if I have disabled the shortcut plugin or not. Otherwise this becomes the payday with an entire cycle in the morphing of the mouth.
          Last edited by hyperionx; 07-25-2017, 03:48 AM.

• Tatsumaru27
          Tatsumaru27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, i will do that.

• hyperionx
          hyperionx commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok: Go to HoneySelect/UserData/ and edit modprefs.ini.... Change the key with one you prefer that is free:

[Shortcuts]
          resetAllSettings=SHIFT+G
          handleNaturalFaceBehaviour=SHIFT+T
          IncreaseAnimationSpeed=KeypadPlus
          DecreaseAnimationSpeed=KeypadMinus
          ToggleCinemaMode=T
          ToggleUIVisibility=SHIFT+U
          HideMaleHead=6
          HideFemaleHead=SHIFT+6
          ChangeEyes=F5 -------------> **// I changed it with F3 //**
          ChangeEyesOpeness=F6
          ChangeMouth=F7
          ---cut---

and save.

Sorry but among a thousand things to do I had also escaped me that you could remap some keys via modprefs.ini ...better late than never!

I hope so to solve, to me it works:-)
          Last edited by hyperionx; 07-26-2017, 01:09 AM.

• I have to install 4k skin diffuse mod from plasticmid to make work this linear experimente mod?

Comment

• plasticmind
          plasticmind commented
          Editing a comment
          No, don't need that any more. Just follow the new install process.

• plasticmind

I've decided to switch from the latest version of 4K Graphic Patch with 4K diffused textures, to the new LRE v3.1 and Etc..

I am no longer very satisfied with the quality in Studio Neo with the 4K Graphic Patch, here's my 4K jpeg screen-test: https://i.imgbox.com/0dnQlilO.jpg

But before proceeding ... I need all your Wisdom!

Like me.. many users are reluctant to switch to RLE, one of the main reasons, in addition to the greater complexity of using new features like the Cubemaps, which would be very useful a detailed video guide on how to use them;

the Main Reason is that all the miles of old cards made before LRE will have a strange skin tone, not to say ugly .. but I guess there are solutions to avoid rebuilding the skin with hundreds of cards ..!

I hope to respond in a clear and exhaustive way to all my questions, in the interest of all:

1) Can I use old 4K diffused textures with RLE v3.1 (IBL v3.3, CubeMaps, etc.), if this is what difference between 4Kdiffuse/EXtexture? and will there be a lot of quality difference in skin detail/realism? what are the Pros and Cons?

2) This is the most important question if I keep the old 4K diffuse texture, how should I do it right so I do not have to re-male the skin tone of all my cards? And same question for the new EX textures, if I use these new EX textures, what should I do to avoid re-make the skin tone of my cards?

3) I have the latest HS official update, and I applied the plasticmind's Graphic Patch 06/30 Fix, what should I do exactly to be ready to go on the new RLE v3.1 (this is my first time), and possibly go to the new EX textures If I can avoid re-creating the skin of my cards, Etc.. Do I have to uninstall the 4K Graphic Patch? Or else..?

I hope you can answer all of my questions, to be able to have a Greater realism without compromising everything else,

with your precious support I am sure it will soon be Real!
        Last edited by Iukix360; 07-26-2017, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Iukix360
          Iukix360 commented
          Editing a comment
          plasticmind

I understand.. but the CharacterMaking editor is very slow in load and saving cards data,

so.. if I wanted at least to retrieve fifty of my favorite cards , to speed up the creation of alternative cards versions of my favorite characters/cards with the only modified skin tones For LRE, what could I use? Is there any trick to save time, maybe there is a utility that could be useful to do this??

Can you just tell me if I have to Uninstall the Graphic Patch, before proceeding with LRE?

Would you be able to create your own LUT with GIMP, and are there guide/tutorial on how to create your own LUT or edited a pre-existing LUT profile?

By chance you are already working on new LRE V4 beta?

this Amazing scene is your..? https://i.imgbox.com/FN2qtgfJ.jpg

Spoiler

the acrobatics characters are Gorgeous, especially the one below, with impressive colors and high detail of the skin, where are the details of the muscle in tension..? new textures coming in?

LRE vers. 4 looks Fantastic.. I hope you can have that Preset in the future!
          Last edited by Iukix360; 07-26-2017, 11:59 PM.

• plasticmind
          plasticmind commented
          Editing a comment
          That's not my scene, mine are here, https://imgcave.com/album/Q2UI

• Iukix360
          Iukix360 commented
          Editing a comment
          plasticmind

Beat us.. The result is Impressive!

https://imgcave.com/image/jwmhJ

https://imgcave.com/image/jQs13

https://imgcave.com/image/jlva7

https://imgcave.com/image/jwmhJ

your screens is so clean, banding free, at the same time it looks real!

the natural color saturation, Gamma and shadows are Amazing, and as if they were almost one with the background!

I imagine that without Cubemaps can not get a similar result, right?

I absolutely have to understand how they work..!

You did something Magical!
          Last edited by Iukix360; 07-27-2017, 04:43 PM.

• work just in NEO?

Comment

• plasticmind
          plasticmind commented
          Editing a comment
          Now the game and studio shows consistent result, it’s just vanilla maps look really bad, you may want to hide them in the main game.

• Iukix360
          Iukix360 commented
          Editing a comment
          plasticmind

In the HS party "standard" game, I only see vanilla maps in the selection menu -_-

but.. in my"map" folder, I have 117 files!

most of them all by Snooley (City, PPD, Various), because all these maps by Snooley do not see them in the selection menu of HS party game?

Ps: Is there no way to add new Maps to the standard HS party game, that you see well with LRE..?
          Last edited by Iukix360; 07-30-2017, 07:56 AM.

• Hey man great job, just one question I have to uninstall the 4k pack diffuse to be able to install this?

I am noob
        sorry

Comment

• plasticmind
          plasticmind commented
          Editing a comment
          Just follow the how to install part, 0630DLC will overwrite 4k diffuse, so it’s not necessary, but you should backup, there’s no uninstall pack for this mod

• Luys
          Luys commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks !!!

• hello guys i use the mod but the color of the map is very bad now anyone know how to adjust the color for the map ?

Comment

• Hi, I'm trying to use this mod with VR, but I'm getting a memory leak that results in a crash a few seconds after running NEO in VR. I also tried the chara creator in the main game using LRE and the VR mod, but it also had the same crash. Is there a way to solve this? I've installed the newest versions of these mods.

Comment

• really hope F5 works for studio

Comment

• plasticmind

Is there a possibility to save the parameters to be able to load again once you close Studio Neo and you want to match the lighting produced at certain scenes? Or do I have to do everything again?

es. (No camera 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) but only for general scenes that includes all the camera views.

Load Scene (1) = HSBIL / load parameter preset 1
              another scene load (2) = HSBIL /load parameter preset 2
              Etc etc
              I hope I explained myself

Thanks for the reply in advance

Comment

• Hi, thank you for the amazing mods. I have a question about adjusting the cubemap. Is there a way to zoom in/out and rotate the cubemap, other than changing POV?

Some maps like the bathroom is really zoomed in when I load it, and if I zoom it out using the POV trick, i is unrecognizable because of the fisheye effect.

Comment

Working...
                X