Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Skin] HS Linear Rendering Experiment v3.1 (update 17/07/24)

To simplify the install process. In this new version, the latest Graphic Patch (v17.07) from 4K diffuse pack, HS image based lighting (3.0) and lighting rendering asistant (1.0) are included.

The game adds a strong S curve at the end of the process, and uses textures with diminished contrast and saturation, which not only makes texture artifact more visible, but also interferes with the linear rendering workflow. PBR shader is designed to create photo-realistic rendering but it only works in linear space, when it's not working in the linear space, we'll see either too strong reflection or too strong shadow just what HS looks like. What I'm trying to do is fix both the texture and curve so that PBR shader can work in the linear space, the results are promising.

gamma rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> gamma corrected image

linear rendering workflow
    gamma space texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> linear space texture --> rendering in linear space --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

HS rendering workflow
    over corrected gamma texture --- gamma to linear conversion --> gamma space texture --> rendering in gamma space --> color correction curve --> linear space image --- linear to gamma conversion --> gamma corrected image

Directional light fall-off

This is the comparison on unity manual
    • Dependency
    1. 170630 DLC;
    2. SBX2 Uncensor version 2.5 or after;
    3. IPA
    • What can you expect?
    1. Mathematically correct lighting;
    2. Much better texture detail;
    • Screenshots

Spoiler

New screenshots featuring HDR rendering and ACES Tone mapping
    Spoiler

Screenshots with Image based lighting
    https://imgcave.com/album/Q2UI
    • Limit
    Now it only works on female characters, everything else looks gray until their textures been fixed. So I recommend using this on a fresh install, or do a complete backup of your game, and only use it in Studio Neo, if you're using it in main game, press X to disable map. Fully colorable clothes or items can be fixed by readjusting the color.
    The Chara maker background can only set to solid color now, but you can load cubemaps in chara maker.
    • How to install
    1. Install 0630DLC from illusion.jp
    2. Install SBX2.5 uncensor
    3. (Optional) Install translation loader
    4. Extract all files copy into the game folder and overwrite
    5. Install IPA 3.3(drag & drop HoneySelect_xx.exe StudioNEO_xx.exe onto IPA.exe)
    6. (Optional) Install wideslider (run HoneySelect_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe and StudioNEO_xx_WideSliderPatch.exe)
    7. (Optional) Grab cubemaps from https://mega.nz/#F!ofhTgbTQ!fAgjV1YlQ7wRy4vZ-LhZNQ
    • How to use
    Go to chara maker change your characters' skin and face type to the new types(one new body and 21 new faces), and take the LRE sample character as reference to adjust skins. If you have a huge number of characters, I recommend Ultra Char Editor v0.1 for party.
    F5 menu now works in Hscene, StudioNeo and Chara maker.

Upgrade from v2?
    There's not much change to the character, but post effect has greatly changed, the old config files are not compatible, backup the old UserData\GraphicSetting folder just in case you want to roll back.
    • Download

https://mega.nz/#F!8T4nmCwL!Hxn-LMwvc0pKsAtuUthmHA
    • Optional Download

1. Studio Neo items

2. mod converted for HS_LRE

DillDoe's D.VA mod

3. CubeMaps
    Last edited by plasticmind; 10-03-2017, 05:25 AM.

• Hey, this seems like a great mod but as someone else posted in this thread when I use it in combination with the vr patch 0.6 or 0.6.1 I cant get it too work properly. I first get very low fps and after 30 seconds it will crash. It seems to work fine in none vr modes or in studio/neo vr but not in the main game or charector maker.

My crash log shows me that my 16gb memory fills up then it starts increasing my page file till around 50-70gb then crashes. Pages of errors such as:

(Filename: Line: 453)
    GpuProgram creation error: shader program type is unrecognised. You might have a precompiled shader asset from an old Unity version.

(Filename: Line: 856)
    Failed to load GpuProgram from binary shader data in 'Unlit Transparent HUD'.

Then hundreds of this line or similar:

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.ColorCorrectionCu rves.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture destination) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    UnityEngine.Camera:Render()
    SteamVR_Render:RenderEye(SteamVR, EVREye)
    <RenderLoop>d__31:MoveNext()

D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture (1826 x 2102 fmt 27 aa 1), error 0x8007000e

I reinstalled and patched too the latest to check (from the pastebin, though I was already upto date) but still having the same problem. I made a backup of every file the mod overwrote before hand and after removing the extra's and replacing this mods files with what I had before all is fine again. Really wanted to try this mod but seems like it will not work for me unless someone has a solution.

4790k@4.5ghz.
    GTX1080Ti.
    16gb premium ram.
    Oculus.

Comment

• Plasticmind or anyone else can help me? always when I get the illusion page to download the latest DLC 06.30 give me an error "forbidden 403" I can not download this, if someone could give a link or something to get it, please

Comment

• krisda01
        krisda01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Illusion blocked foreign IP for access some parts of their website. You will need a japanese proxy or get that file somewhere else.

• GaboShock
        GaboShock commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Krisda01, now I got the upgrade files, here is the link just download and that´s all, there are all the files of the game
        I hope this helps to other one

Mega or Torrent choose!
        links removed
        Last edited by enimaroah; 08-15-2017, 09:48 AM.

• Is anybody able to use HS LRE v3 with wideslider? I cannot get it to work with wideslider. When I patch with wideslider, it gives me some error "Failed to resolve Valve.VR.ETrackedDeviceClass". When I open the game, there is just a blank screen. Thanks.

Comment

• Hey is it normal that after using this mod, the regular studio becomes oversaturated and the models lose the lipstic? The normal game and StudioNeo work fine for me, just the old studio looks oversaturated.

Also Wideslider stopped working in studio neo.
        Last edited by kuropon8; 08-11-2017, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Hey, can anyone help me figuring out how to improve the AA in StudioNeo? I figured I can modify <GamePresets> part in Config, which is found in UserData/GraphicSetting, to adjust the AA for the main game. However, I modified other part of the file and StudioNeoConfig, and it didn't seem to do anything.

Comment

• GaboShock,
            Links to copyrighted material are not allowed in HF! We are not in a DMCA-free zone and HF was taken down once.

Comment

• Hello everyone!

I do not know if this is the right place for that !! If you do not forgive me !! I have a problem with the shadows of my game and I can not solve it !! I activate all the graphical options of the game but I do not see shadows as in the images of other users !! What is the problem?

Comment

• This should be renamed to overhaul because it's beyond the status of an 'experiment' I'd say.

Comment

• I don't know why but I really never got this mod to work properly.
                  I tried to install this mod on fresh install but it would always give me skin color problems when I download other people characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shamao View Post
                    I don't know why but I really never got this mod to work properly.
                    I tried to install this mod on fresh install but it would always give me skin color problems when I download other people characters.
                    i thnk they using vanilla skin . you should change them on game ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Seksie View Post
                      Hey, this seems like a great mod but as someone else posted in this thread when I use it in combination with the vr patch 0.6 or 0.6.1 I cant get it too work properly. I first get very low fps and after 30 seconds it will crash. It seems to work fine in none vr modes or in studio/neo vr but not in the main game or charector maker.

My crash log shows me that my 16gb memory fills up then it starts increasing my page file till around 50-70gb then crashes. Pages of errors such as:

(Filename: Line: 453)
                      GpuProgram creation error: shader program type is unrecognised. You might have a precompiled shader asset from an old Unity version.

(Filename: Line: 856)
                      Failed to load GpuProgram from binary shader data in 'Unlit Transparent HUD'.

Then hundreds of this line or similar:

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                      at UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.ColorCorrectionCu rves.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture destination) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                      UnityEngine.Camera:Render()
                      SteamVR_Render:RenderEye(SteamVR, EVREye)
                      <RenderLoop>d__31:MoveNext()

D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture (1826 x 2102 fmt 27 aa 1), error 0x8007000e

I reinstalled and patched too the latest to check (from the pastebin, though I was already upto date) but still having the same problem. I made a backup of every file the mod overwrote before hand and after removing the extra's and replacing this mods files with what I had before all is fine again. Really wanted to try this mod but seems like it will not work for me unless someone has a solution.

4790k@4.5ghz.
                      GTX1080Ti.
                      16gb premium ram.
                      Oculus.
                      For those experiencing problems with VR the temporary solution I found to the problem is going to the game folder and editing vr_settings.xml.
                      Then look for

<!-- Whether or not to copy image effects from the main camera. -->
                      <ApplyShaders>true</ApplyShaders>

Change it to false and no more memory leaks and the game runs just fine.
                      Now I call this temporary cause disabling it does make the graphics look dull, possibly even canceling the whole range of effects of the HSLRE. But at least it works for now.

Comment

• (if this is a wrong page to mention troubleshooting, im gonna edit it as 'delete' and move it to correct page)

Can anyone help me solving some texture mismatch i've encounter?. I have plasticmind 4K texture and Ozmul 4K tatoos.

In character maker, it went fine.
                        Spoiler
                        {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tHoneySelect_64 2017-09-02 16-22-39.png Views:\t2 Size:\t269.4 KB ID:\t5819128","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"5819128","data-size":"full"}

but in studio, the texture went oversize, as if my tatoo texture size are in wrong size for the body texture, which is not.
                        Spoiler
                        {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tHoneyStudio_64 2017-09-02 16-18-45.png Views:\t2 Size:\t167.2 KB ID:\t5819129","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"5819129","data-size":"full"}

Already try to reinstall both mentioned mod but it still like this. Is this cause by other mod, or which mod that can also affecting texture missmatch in studio?.

Im really hope for hint or answer, cheers!

Comment

• Awesome work, but I have a problem, Studio Neo don't work.
                          I can start it, but i can't do anything, as to load a character or a scene

I had try to reinstall studio neo vanilla and It work, but if i install the mod, the problem reappears

Can someone Help me ?

Comment

• Can anyone tell me how to uninstall this mod?

Comment

• Hi all, I'm very new to modding world, thanks so much for all modders that contribute a lot for this game, very inspiring. I've already used plasticmind's 4K diffuse pack and it works great, good job. So finally I plan to try this mod out.

It says that it needs 0630DLC but since I'm using 4K diffuse pack, will that break it because 4K diffuse pack needs to rollback to version before 0630DLC to work? Just to confirm that it means I can either use one of them?

Thank you so much for your work

Comment

Working...
                              X