Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scene Save State (2.0.1, upd 15-01-2019)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Utilities] Scene Save State (2.0.1, upd 15-01-2019)

Scene Save State

Utility for saving in-scene multiple states of charas and folders/items (instead of saving multiple charas, which is really HEAVY to load)
    (I'm pretty tired of loading scene with 24+ characters - it takes several minutes and drop FPS almost to zero)
    Also, you can use as many cameras, as you want.

Working for HS NEO, PlayHome Studio, Koikatsu CharaStudio.

Contains:
    - SceneSaveState - for save/load scene states/cams etc.
    - PoseLibrary - for save/load poses. You can save poses with tags, in groups, filtering them etc.
    - SceneUtils - set of utils for different scene functions. Details - http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...00#post6416800

(It's a light modification of chickenManX SceneConsole mod (so, thanks to him!). Differences is under spoiler)
    Spoiler
    - SceneSaveState works on all engines - HS NEO, PlayHome Studio, Koikatsu CharaStudio. SceneConsole - only on NEO engine

- (Differences in handling scene)
    SceneSaveState you must clearly defined what items and chars you want to track (between states). So, it makes changes clearly. Also, it follows standart VNFrame naming conventions - so, you can use this scenes in VN case (and also we have some export functions here). Also, you can freely works with chars with identical names.
    SceneConsole tracks a lot of stuff hiding this from you (accesories etc.). It's useful, but may be unclear. Also it generate more data during save.

- SceneConsole has PoseConsole library (for save/load poses), tracking lights, AdvancedIK FK and IK feature.
    It has a lot of additional functions , that not presents in SceneSaveState.

- Since 2.0 SceneSaveState also has:
    -- Pose Library (without hands)
    -- SceneUtils - set of utils

You can use SceneSaveState and SceneConsole together - they are not conflicting.

Download 2.0.1: https://mega.nz/#!B7gBCKpR!1z3HVj7Vb...CnUCw73P5QRaFc

Installation:
    1. You need to install mod VN Game Engine 10.0+ first.
    2. Unpack downloaded package to (depends on engine)
    • HS NEO: Plugins/Console/Lib
    • PlayHome Studio: Plugins/Console/Lib
    • Koikatsu CharaStudio: BepInEx\Console\Lib
    3. Run Studio. Find VN Game Engine window. Press All games - then Utils - then find Scene Save State.

Sevral educational videos here (it's for Koikatsu engine, but all is the same for other engines):
    https://mega.nz/#!I6oSzaqD!Vu6kyPplq...JbnIgdhJWQWvdc (base functionality)
    https://mega.nz/#!A7IXnQ6L!00KaqcZ_p...YfSQOkWxMaRHHc (pose library)
    https://mega.nz/#!AyQxyS6J!TUI8nX9v_..._afFINqB6jNVSw (fk mass manipulation)

Some details:
    - Utility save states for tracking objects. You can add/remove objects from tracking list on "Tracking" tab.
    - Utility save/load information in scene folders text. So, you must save/load the entire scene in usual way after save/load states. Also, you can distribute PNG files as usual.

- Utility tracks only information the same as VNFrame library in VNGame Engine.
    It's includes:
    - visible/unvisible
    - position/rotation/scale
    - FK/IK items
    - animation clip
    - state of clothes (0/1/2 - dressed/half-dressed/no)
    - neck/look/hand states
    - sperm on body
    - etc.

Engine will NOT track changes of:
    - info from additional plugins - BodySliders etc.
    - clothes set - if you change clothes entirely (not dress/undress) it will not be saved
    - outside scene environment - Bloom params / map changes / background changes etc.
    (but this params can be setup inside scene, be saved etc. as usual - but changes of them from state to state will be lost)

Hint:
    you can attach hotkey to this utility. Use vngameengine.ini and change Game2=scenesavestate and some in Shorcut section to your favorite shorcut key.

Changelog:
    Spoiler

- fixed bug - SceneSaveState wasn't loading in some cases
    - fixed bug with Vector2 (appeared in PlayHome engine)
    - depends on libjsoncoder lib
    - added posesavestate (as Pose Library)
    - added sceneutils (as Scene Utils)
    - return auto-backup during close
    - adapted for skin system

Known bugs:
    Spoiler

Error showed "Scene Console Error: Failed to read past end of the stream"
    Sometimes happened, don't know why.
    No workaround for now.
    If happens, seems that scene data is corrupted. Recommends to save/load data/make backup/check if something of this works.

If someone debug this problem, please, send me details.

Attached Files
    Last edited by keitaro1978; 01-17-2019, 01:09 AM. Reason: info about bugs

Thanks a lot for this mod! It is exceptionally useful and actually persuades me to use VN Game Engine for the first time. Bravo!

Comment

We have needed a mod like this for a LONG time, but not being able to save slider info is very unfortunate as I can't imagine going back to cards without expanded sliders and ABMX.

Comment

• keitaro1978
        keitaro1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, this is misunderstading.
        Engine will not TRACK CHANGES of additional properties (like ABMX sliders) - so they can't be different in different states. But they kept - and be saved etc. if the plugin support this.

Interesting and nice script. It has lot of potential.

But unfortunately, currently it does not track important between scenes things like:

- Advanced IK (from HSStudioNEOAddon.dll) autotracking attaching/detaching changes.
      - items parenting/releasing changes.
      - items like a light cannot be tracked, and neither its settings like the strength of it
      artificial girl 2 kodu kiwi! no... doku! wiki!
      ag2harem official site u_u (actual version is 02b18)

Comment

Thanks for the work, a godsend for the me who spends so much time in charastudio.
        Hopefully it'll continue to develop so it won't crash as much before I start spending hours modifying my existing scenes.

Comment

• keitaro1978
          keitaro1978 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!
          I hope backup functions will work, if something crashed ) (At all, the rule is simple - save as much frequently, as you can )
          Also you always can send bug report, if you want.

Great work! This suggests again a great potential of VN Game Engine.

By the way, I have a suggestion. How about adding the FOV value when saving the camera?
        It is technically the same as saving the position of the camera, if I remember correctly.

Comment

• keitaro1978
          keitaro1978 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!
          About the FOV - it seems saving correctly... but not loading due to my old code. I hope to fix this in next upgrade.

• keitaro1978
          keitaro1978 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!
          About the FOV - it seems saving correctly... but not loading due to my old code. I hope I fix this in next upgrade.

This is a brilliant plugin! I actually even kind of confuse why developers not includes some like that feature by default. And all scene not build around that staff. And even go further and make some kind of movie slider line in which you can put easily all scene staff like animation, camera movements and other events which will play during playback. Instead that they do that hilariously awful tiny management hell in which you need build a freaking whole new scene to do just one change in animation movement or other little events like face expression or changes in clothes. Just cant understand what the hell is wrong whit those guys хD

Comment

That is awesome staff! Thank you again. But it have at least one important thing that need to be fix. It is tracking Auxiliary. Pleas patch it. How I understand if it can track animations speed and pattern then probably Auxiliary are not so big problem to include? Or it not so simple?

Comment

Whenever I try to make a scene with scene save state, I get this error.

Scene Console error: Failed to read past end of stream

I've been trying to get this to work for a couple days, and I can't fix it. Anyone know what this means and how to fix it?

Comment

• keitaro1978
              keitaro1978 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hm-m. During what action do you get this error? In loading? or in some action?

• Jerrymarry
              Jerrymarry commented
              Editing a comment
              Whenever I switch scenes in the chara save state editor

When I click the scene pictured below.
              https://i.imgur.com/xPuhHp7.png

It displays the failed to read past end of stream error.

https://i.imgur.com/ipFxhkl.png

i've tried installing the plugin in a fresh new honey select, but i still run into this problem.
              Last edited by Jerrymarry; 01-12-2019, 01:44 AM.

• keitaro1978
              keitaro1978 commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately, don't understand where it happened and how to fix.
              If you work in NEO, you can also test SceneConsole, may be it will work better.

v2.0 released
            now includes
            - PoseLibrary - video here: https://mega.nz/#!A7IXnQ6L!00KaqcZ_p...YfSQOkWxMaRHHc
            - SceneUtils - set of utils for mass replacing chars, sync-h, and now (since 2.5) mass-changing FK. About mass changing FK items: https://mega.nz/#!AyQxyS6J!TUI8nX9v_..._afFINqB6jNVSw

Original code for PoseLibrary was made by chickenManX , so great thanks to him!

- depends on libjsoncoder lib
            - added posesavestate (as Pose Library)
            - added sceneutils (as Scene Utils)
            - return auto-backup during close
            - adapted for skin system

Comment

Working...
            X