Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Miscellaneous] Analyzing HoneySelect Character Cards - Extract Modelnames

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a simple mod to automatically extract the character parameters out of the character card png files but so far I didn't manage to get the character Names of all cards.

To get the parameters I open the pngs using a hex editor. Somewhere in the datastream of each card you can find the string "HoneySelectCharaFemale" / "HoneySelectCharaMale". and exactly 768 Bytes behind it the name of the character card is saved. So it's actually quite simple to extract the data at this exact position and get the name. Example:

This charas name is "AIKA". And thats a part of the character cards png file in hex code:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	AIKA.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	584.1 KB
ID:	6968398

However, there's a problem when it comes to names that were saved using chinese, japanese, russian or whatever letters. You still can find the name data at the same position but the decoded text is rubbish of course, for the hex editor has no clue how to interpret this data.

This is how it looks with Japanese character names ("アシュタロス"):

Name:	Jap1.JPG
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	6968399

And Chinese ("(3) 長沼彩香"):

Name:	Chin1.JPG
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	6968400

And it's the same with Russian, etc.

Does anybody know how to tell what kind of characters were saved to interoret them correctly? Or is there generally a simpler way to get the characters name?

Thanks in advance

Use Ultra Character Editor.

Comment

Working...
    X