Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PlayClubVR (OpenVR)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Oh my god... this is... such an incredible experience with roomscale in Vive. I mean... to scale is already pretty damn awesome.

    But then you can also experience super giantess mode with 'IPD correction'. I was crawling around on the floor like an ant, while gigantic pendulous nipples swung overhead.

    Then I did the opposite and shrunk the world down to a 1/6th doll scale, which was also awesome in its own right. Just... oh mannnnn. So many fantasy fetishes fulfilled in one fell swoop.

    Only other comment is, if it's possible, maybe allow for the other Vive controller to be a laser based menu pointer. Also offset the menu/UI above the controller, like you were holding a tablet with your thumb and forefinger. It's a little uncomfortable craning your head down to read the menus (or holding your arms up).

    Comment


    • #17
      It's quite amazing yeah, good job!
      On suggestions : like Zaptrude I think a laser pointer would be nice, I found pointing in menus with the pad to be very difficult, the text on some buttons is also quite small, so maybe a larger menu ? I think a menu on a wall or just floating? (grip to move it around ?) + laser pointer would be the best for ease of navigation and fapping (1 controller interface).

      edit : seems like there's no way to scroll down some menus ? (ie positions)
      Last edited by flippouz; 05-06-2016, 01:44 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Yeah, I'll probably add a laser pointer and some mechanics to move the screen.

        seems like there's no way to scroll down some menus ? (ie positions)
        That's because I'm interpreting "press down" as a click to make it easier to click buttons (i.e. pressing down the touchpad results in a "mouse down" AND "mouse up"). You can still scroll those scroll bars by clicking on the desired position. I'll probably add an option to map the touchpad clicks 1:1 to mouse clicks.

        Comment


        • #19
          This is amazing stuff! Some of the best fun I've ever had. Thank you so much!

          Originally posted by EusthEnoptEron View Post
          Yeah, I'll probably add a laser pointer and some mechanics to move the screen.
          I think this is the best solution. The thumbpads just aren't good enough for this sort of input.

          Might I suggest:
          - Instead of the toggle between menus/teleport, you just hold down thumbpad and release it to teleport (like in other experiences).
          - Just use the app menu to toggle the menus on/off, nice and big, in front of your face (but a couple feet away). If you move away from them, simply tapping the app menu twice will bring them back. When the menu is visible and within range, a laser-pointer is active and it moves the mouse cursor to the point being hit by the laser's raycast. Use the trigger to click. Should be fairly simple to implement and easy to use.

          Love what you're doing! Just trying to help as I'm able.
          Last edited by samarin; 05-06-2016, 03:09 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by samarin View Post
            This is amazing stuff! Some of the best fun I've ever had. Thank you so much!



            I think this is the best solution. The thumbpads just aren't good enough for this sort of input.

            Might I suggest:
            - Instead of the toggle between menus/teleport, you just hold down thumbpad and release it to teleport (like in other experiences).
            - Just use the app menu to toggle the menus on/off, nice and big, in front of your face (but a couple feet away). If you move away from them, simply tapping the app menu twice will bring them back. When the menu is visible and within range, a laser-pointer is active and it moves the mouse cursor to the point being hit by the laser's raycast. Use the trigger to click. Should be fairly simple to implement and easy to use.

            Love what you're doing! Just trying to help as I'm able.
            Thanks for the input!

            Hm... I'd like to keep the menu where the controller is. As soon as you place the menu in front of you, you get clipping problems and half of the screen is obstructed by the actors (and if you place it "in front of everything" you get a headache. )
            It might be worth a thought to use only one mode, though, but there's a lot stuff that needs to be handled. I'd like to move the action controls to the controller as well.

            Oh, I also implemented a new version of the "lock mode", where you have to assume the same posture as the male actor and can then teleport into his position with a simple button press.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by EusthEnoptEron View Post
              Thanks for the input!

              Hm... I'd like to keep the menu where the controller is. As soon as you place the menu in front of you, you get clipping problems and half of the screen is obstructed by the actors (and if you place it "in front of everything" you get a headache. )
              Since it's Unity, you can always just use an "always on top" shader on the menu's material, and it will be rendered over the top of everything else. If you can't find one, just modify an existing shader with the keywords "ZTest Always" and it should work.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by samarin View Post
                Since it's Unity, you can always just use an "always on top" shader on the menu's material, and it will be rendered over the top of everything else. If you can't find one, just modify an existing shader with the keywords "ZTest Always" and it should work.
                Yeah, that's easy. The problem is that it fucks up your visual cues / depth perception, i.e. the menu is "behind" the actors but appears "in front" of them, which is all but natural. Well, you could work around that by using raycasting and moving the menu closer, but I don't think the surroundings and the males have colliders attached.
                Last edited by EusthEnoptEron; 05-06-2016, 03:49 PM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  @EusthEnoptEron

                  Would it be possible for you to use your position of your head to figure out where you actual hip is and actually thrust and fuck with your own body motions in a roomscale version?

                  Can you please do a VR mod for Sexy Beach Premium Resort too , with room scale and motion controller integration ?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Xebat View Post
                    Would it be possible for you to use your position of your head to figure out where you actual hip is and actually thrust and fuck with your own body motions in a roomscale version?
                    Not really possible, I think. I could you could try to analyze the "periodic movements" of the player to deduct his hip motions, but I don't know how well that would work.
                    I don't have any plans for SBPR at the moment, but once I upload the sources, it shouldn't be too hard to port it over.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Uploaded a new version with the play control, see changelog for details. You can't currently see what control you're using -- it activates right after the teleportation tool, so now the order is "Menu" -> "Teleportation" -> "Play".

                      It's not currently possible to disable the rumble feature (press the trigger when your controller rumbles!) -- for those who don't like it, there's still a link to the previous version.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        May be crazy but I thought the older DK2 version had a look at camera/HMD option that's no longer present. Quite possible it was another mod, though. It's been a while.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by EusthEnoptEron View Post
                          Yeah, that's easy. The problem is that it fucks up your visual cues / depth perception, i.e. the menu is "behind" the actors but appears "in front" of them, which is all but natural. Well, you could work around that by using raycasting and moving the menu closer, but I don't think the surroundings and the males have colliders attached.
                          Yeah, the way you're implementing now is far better than always on top. VR Game menus should always, always be physically located in the world - with the design of the game itself done in such a way to accommodate for them (obviously not in this case, but on the flipside, your implementation works exceedingly well for something that was never designed for VR in the first place).

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            how are people getting this to work on rift? I click the playclubvr and the game just launches like normal on 2D monitor (with warped menu). My playclub install is fully updated when I added the vr files.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by PCVR3 View Post
                              how are people getting this to work on rift? I click the playclubvr and the game just launches like normal on 2D monitor (with warped menu). My playclub install is fully updated when I added the vr files.
                              Run SteamVR first then open PlayClubVR

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Can I use this with DK2 and 1.3? Or CV1?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X