Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anime Saimoe Tournament 2007

Yes, it's that time of year.
    Express your definition of "moe" with votes!!

For those who are new to Saimoe, it is an annual tournament held by 2ch (Japanese forum website) between June and October to decide who the moest(?) anime character is. It started in 2001, and in 2004 it was a couple of hundreds votes at most per battle, but it grew rapidly, and by 2006 the championship battle collected almost five thousands votes.

##########
    Current list of Anime Series (In JP/Incomplete)
    Current list of characters (In JP/Incomplete)

HOW IT WORKS
    Spoiler

The First Primary:
    Each character is assigned to one of 18 groups randomly.
    You choose 10 characters at most from each group in the first primary.
    Top eight characters in each group will automatically go on to the tournament. (In case of having more than 8 characters due to tie, all will go on.)
    Between 9th and 32nd will move to the second primary.
    The Second Primary:
    Each character is assigned to one of 9 groups randomly.
    You choose 6 characters at most from each group in the second primary.
    Top 16 characters in each group will go on to the tournament. (If there are more than 16 characters because of same votes, all will go on as well.)
    From the first round in the tournament, you can only choose one character in each battle.
    The Main Tournament:
    From the main tournament, you can only vote on one character per group.

HOW TO VOTE
    Spoiler

Small warning. Pics here are from 2006 and may have small differences.
    First make sure your browser accept cookie.
    1. Get a vote code
      1. Go here.
      2. You see this.
        Spoiler
      3. You click the link seen in the pic above.
      4. You see this.
        Spoiler
        • It takes at least 2 hours to issue the vote code (it's instant if you use cellphone but I haven't done this, so I have no clue how to do it.) So come back after specified time in the pic above.
        • DO NOT RESTART YOUR MODEM OR ANYTHING THAT RESET YOUR IP ADDRESS! Or you may have to go through same process again from beginning and wait another 2 hours.
      5. Go back after specified time.
      6. You see this.
        Spoiler
        • Your vote code is only good for that day.
      7. You copy your vote code seen in the pic above.
      8. Now you have to get the list of entries. The link to all names of character you can see in the pic above has been removed. It was from 2006, but you can find them here. It is in Japanese. I'll try my best to provide those lists with English translated name along with them and post them here. So you can find names of characters you like to vote and just copy 'n paste Japanese part. (You have to use Japanese entry names for your vote to be valid.)
        Don't forget to copy << and >> parts. Those are needed, or your vote will be invalid without them.
    2. Vote
      1. Now that you have your vote code and names of characters, go here.
      2. You should see many links. Find "アニメ最萌トーナメント2007 投票スレRoundXX." It says "Anime Saimoe Tournament Voting Thread Round XX" XX should be some number. You need to go to the highest number. Threads with lower number are already reached the limit and closed.
      3. Once you enter the thread, go to the end of the thread, and you paste your vote code and your votes like you see in the pic below.
        Spoiler

4. Click the button to send it. (Be careful when the latest post number is near 1000. Once it exceeds 1000, it closes and all messages posted after that will be invalid I think.)
        NEVER VOTE MORE THAN ONCE!!

If you find something has changed and this mothod isn't working, please post here so ppl who don't read Japanese can still vote!

SCHEDULE
    Spoiler
    1st Primary
    (07/06~07/11): Part 1
    (07/13~07/18): Part 2
    (07/20~07/25): Part 3
    2nd Primary
    (07/28~08/05)

1st Round
    (08/08~08/15): Part 1
    (08/21~08/28): Part 2
    (08/30~09/06): Part 3
    (09/08~09/15): Part 4

2nd Round
    (09/17~09/24): First Half
    (09/26~10/03): Last Half

3rd Round
    (10/06~10/13)

4th Round
    (10/16~10/23)

Quarterfinal
    (10/26~10/29)

Semifinal
    (10/31~11/01)

Final
    (11/03)

##########

IMO this year's tournament should be very interesting and intense.
    Two series (Rozen Maiden series and Magical Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha series) that had been dominating Saimoe Tournament past a few years will certainly be back.
    But Rozen Maiden Ouverture had only two episodes and may not be enough to get new fans (except for maybe Suigintou). And lolitic(?) Nahona and her friends have grown up and that may hurt their popularity?

Most last year's strong champ contenders will be back.
    Shana is back (Shana vs. Louis of Zero no Tsukaima vs. Nagi of Hayate the Combat Butler!?? ) and so is Strawberry Panic.
    Others that will be back are Utawarerumono, ARIA, Higurashi no Nakukoro ni, Mi-Z-HiME, Ichigo Mashimaro, Simoun, Kashimashi, etc, etc.

There had been alot of new anime series with moe characters to grab votes away from those veteran characters.
    Negima!?, Manabi Straight! Hidamari Sketch, Otome wa boku ni koishiteru, Lucky Star, Tokimeki Memorial, Akazukin, Zero no Tsukaima, Kamichama Karin, etc, etc.
    (I'm sure you can name more. Oh yes you can! )

I wonder how they will do against veterans.

So before real battle starts, who do you think will win?
    Will veterans hold on new comers and stay on top or will new comers get their moment to shine?
    (I know it's almost impossible to predict, but hey it's for fun )

Anyway, the battle should start sometimes in July.

Meanwhile...
    Anime Saimoe Tournament 2004
    Anime Saimoe Tournament 2005
    Anime Saimoe Tournament 2006
    HongFire Anime Saimoe Tournament 2006 Thread
    Last edited by chachamaru; 08-21-2007, 11:00 PM.

• Yay Group C had been finished...

poor Vivio, she will fight against the 2k5 champ, I know Nanoha will get more support from their fanbase ..

hmmm for Tamaki fans there you will have a hard time now Hayate won't lose that easily...

oh yeah Yue but I also like Haruhi F. kinda getting a bit confused here... oh well I just use a toss a coin method for them later

and I also pick Yumi of Marimite

Comment

• TAMA-NEE wa SAIKYO!!!!

Comment

• Looks like a rest day today... tomorrow will be an all out war between Kagami and Maria... kinda excited for the match tomorrow...

My picks for today are Miu, Kaori and Yin

Comment

• im hopeing for kagami to win but then on the other hand...maria is not tat bad either... kinda hard to chose..

Comment

• Where are chachamaru's updates? T_T
            (wrote this to create a new page, so that image spam'd be on the one before )

Comment

• Originally posted by addict139 View Post
              TAMA-NEE wa SAIKYO!!!!
              You mean Saikou?

Well, at least she's out. Hate her the most out of all the TH2 characters. >_>" Manaka and her sister are still at it. I think they'll do better.

I think I'll start voting when it gets more intensive...

[update]Kagami crushed Maria with just over 200 votes. 1356-1161. The most fierce fight in SaiMoe'07 so far.
              Last edited by Shinobu Maehara; 08-27-2007, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Well it's date 31...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AKIRA KOGAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually.. I'm voting all Lucky Star characters, it's pure moe content. ^_^

Comment

• teana has jus owned in her group... a complete landslide victory....

hurray for tsudere!!

Comment

• Asa-sempai banzai!
                    Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose.
                    You don't ask why a field burns or a plague spreads.
                    Don't ask why I fight.
                    HF-Lisa. Resistance is futile.
                    HF-Gallery & DDL Mod
                    DDL Section Announcements. Please check regularly
                    See a gallery post duplicate? Report it with a link to the original!

Comment

• Hmm. Here's the link to the site with the voting/results blocks in the middle of the page. (Scroll down a ways.) I can figure out some of these, but I'm lazy and would appreciate it if someone with decent Nihongo skills would fill in for chachamaru, who is playing invisible and seems to be on hiatus for some reason.

http://animemoe2007.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

Anyway, looks like someone named Miyuki from Lucky Star (696) beat someone from Kaze no Stigma (478) and somebody else from Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (227), today in block F7, Rein from Futago Hime Gyu beat a couple other folks from Seto no Hanayome in F3 and somebody from SHUFFLE! Memories beat Miruro from Futago Hime Gyu and Manami from Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight in F11. (Yeah, you don't want me doing this because I don't do kanji and I'm not spending a lot of time researching stuff others can do just by looking.)

ja ne

Okay, I guess I can do this much, anyway. Copy and paste is easy enough, even for me. Anybody want to translate?

9/5/07
                      F3
                      0510 レイン - (ふしぎ星の☆ふたご姫Gyu!)
                      0455 委員長 - (瀬戸の花嫁)
                      0389 巻 - (瀬戸の花嫁)

F7
                      0696 高良みゆき - (らき☆すた)
                      0478 神凪綾乃 - (風のスティグマ)
                      0227 紺野真琴 - (時をかける少女)

F11
                      0573 芙蓉楓 - (SHUFFLE! MEMORIES)
                      0473 天宮学美(まなび) - (がくえんゆーとぴあ まなびストレート!)
                      0287 ミルロ - (ふしぎ星の☆ふたご姫Gyu!)

ja
                      Last edited by TSR; 09-05-2007, 03:27 PM. Reason: Post wasn't bloated enough. Clasical Gas!

Comment

• Easy enough when you know somebody who's already translating them somewhere else. ^^

Last night/this morning's results.

F-03
                        1位 510票 レイン@ふしぎ星の☆ふたご姫Gyu!(Rain@Fushigi Boshi no Futago Hime Gyu!)
                        2位 455票 委員長@瀬戸の花嫁 (Iinchou@Seto no Hanayome)
                        3位 389票 巻@瀬戸の花嫁 (Maki@Seto no Hanayome)

F-07
                        1位 696票 高良みゆき@らき☆すた (Takara Miyuki@Lucky Star)
                        2位 478票 神凪綾乃@風のスティグマ (Kannagi Ayano@Kaze no Stigma)
                        3位 227票 紺野真琴@時をかける少女 (Konno Makoto@Toki wo Kakeru Syoujo)

F-11
                        1位 573票 芙蓉楓@SHUFFLE! MEMORIES (Fuyou Kaede@SHUFFLE! MEMORIES)
                        2位 473票 天宮学美(まなび)@がくえんゆーとぴあ まなびストレート!(Amamiya Manami(Manabi)@Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!)
                        3位 287票 ミルロ@ふしぎ星の☆ふたご姫Gyu!(Milro@Fushigi Boshi no Futago Hime Gyu!)

Current ongoing round.

F-04
                        <<月村すずか@魔法少女リリカルなのはStrikerS>> (Tsukimura Suzuka@Mahou Syoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS)
                        <<神楽坂明日菜@ネギま!?>> (Kagurazaka Asuna@Negima!?)
                        <<周防美琴@スクールランブル 二学期>> (Suou Mikoto@School Rumble Second Term)

F-08 (Battle of the non-humans)
                        <<蒼星石@ローゼンメイデン オーベルテューレ>> (Souseiseki@Rozen Maiden Ouverture)
                        <<クーヤ@うたわれるもの>> (Kuuya@Utawarerumono)
                        <<イルファ HMX-17a@OVA ToHeart2>> (Ilfa HMX-17a@OVA ToHeart2)

F-12
                        <<柊つかさ@らき☆すた>> (Hiiragi Tsukasa@Lucky Star)
                        <<まち@ながされて藍蘭島>> (Machi@Nagasarete Airantou)
                        <<朝霧小雪@くじびきアンバランス>> (Asagiri Koyuki@Kujibiki Unbalance)

F-12 looks particularly interesting, with Tsukasa vs Machi. I'd say Lucky Star power will still win, but it'd be interesting how much of a fight Machi puts up.
                        Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose.
                        You don't ask why a field burns or a plague spreads.
                        Don't ask why I fight.
                        HF-Lisa. Resistance is futile.
                        HF-Gallery & DDL Mod
                        DDL Section Announcements. Please check regularly
                        See a gallery post duplicate? Report it with a link to the original!

Comment

• i think tsukasa would probably win hands down...

this is a translation for those the chart on the saimoe webby

Comment

• I think you forgot to make a link. ^^;;

Comment

• Here's the picture link, but the picture seems to be already displayed at its full size and is not really readable.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...8225432264.png

Meanwhile, today's winners. (Shamelessly stealing the paste that seorang shamelessly stole first.)

F-04
                              0295 <<月村すずか@魔法少女リリカルなのはStrikerS>> (Tsukimura Suzuka@Mahou Syoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS)
                              0650 <<神楽坂明日菜@ネギま!?>> (Kagurazaka Asuna@Negima!?)
                              0357 <<周防美琴@スクールランブル 二学期>> (Suou Mikoto@School Rumble Second Term)

F-08 (Battle of the non-humans)
                              0830 <<蒼星石@ローゼンメイデン オーベルテューレ>> (Souseiseki@Rozen Maiden Ouverture)
                              0328 <<クーヤ@うたわれるもの>> (Kuuya@Utawarerumono)
                              0287 <<イルファ HMX-17a@OVA ToHeart2>> (Ilfa HMX-17a@OVA ToHeart2)

F-12
                              1003 <<柊つかさ@らき☆すた>> (Hiiragi Tsukasa@Lucky Star)
                              0560 <<まち@ながされて藍蘭島>> (Machi@Nagasarete Airantou)
                              0099 <<朝霧小雪@くじびきアンバランス>> (Asagiri Koyuki@Kujibiki Unbalance)

ja ne
                              Last edited by TSR; 09-06-2007, 04:39 PM. Reason: Sloppy seconds.

Comment

• Tsukasa got through ne, that's nice ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X