• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chachamaru
    started a topic Anime Saimoe Tournament 2007

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2007

Yes, it's that time of year.
    Express your definition of "moe" with votes!!

For those who are new to Saimoe, it is an annual tournament held by 2ch (Japanese forum website) between June and October to decide who the moest(?) anime character is. It started in 2001, and in 2004 it was a couple of hundreds votes at most per battle, but it grew rapidly, and by 2006 the championship battle collected almost five thousands votes.

##########
    Current list of Anime Series (In JP/Incomplete)
    Current list of characters (In JP/Incomplete)

HOW IT WORKS
    Spoiler

The First Primary:
    Each character is assigned to one of 18 groups randomly.
    You choose 10 characters at most from each group in the first primary.
    Top eight characters in each group will automatically go on to the tournament. (In case of having more than 8 characters due to tie, all will go on.)
    Between 9th and 32nd will move to the second primary.
    The Second Primary:
    Each character is assigned to one of 9 groups randomly.
    You choose 6 characters at most from each group in the second primary.
    Top 16 characters in each group will go on to the tournament. (If there are more than 16 characters because of same votes, all will go on as well.)
    From the first round in the tournament, you can only choose one character in each battle.
    The Main Tournament:
    From the main tournament, you can only vote on one character per group.

HOW TO VOTE
    Spoiler

Small warning. Pics here are from 2006 and may have small differences.
    First make sure your browser accept cookie.
    1. Get a vote code
      1. Go here.
      2. You see this.
        Spoiler
      3. You click the link seen in the pic above.
      4. You see this.
        Spoiler
        • It takes at least 2 hours to issue the vote code (it's instant if you use cellphone but I haven't done this, so I have no clue how to do it.) So come back after specified time in the pic above.
        • DO NOT RESTART YOUR MODEM OR ANYTHING THAT RESET YOUR IP ADDRESS! Or you may have to go through same process again from beginning and wait another 2 hours.
      5. Go back after specified time.
      6. You see this.
        Spoiler
        • Your vote code is only good for that day.
      7. You copy your vote code seen in the pic above.
      8. Now you have to get the list of entries. The link to all names of character you can see in the pic above has been removed. It was from 2006, but you can find them here. It is in Japanese. I'll try my best to provide those lists with English translated name along with them and post them here. So you can find names of characters you like to vote and just copy 'n paste Japanese part. (You have to use Japanese entry names for your vote to be valid.)
        Don't forget to copy << and >> parts. Those are needed, or your vote will be invalid without them.
    2. Vote
      1. Now that you have your vote code and names of characters, go here.
      2. You should see many links. Find "アニメ最萌トーナメント2007 投票スレRoundXX." It says "Anime Saimoe Tournament Voting Thread Round XX" XX should be some number. You need to go to the highest number. Threads with lower number are already reached the limit and closed.
      3. Once you enter the thread, go to the end of the thread, and you paste your vote code and your votes like you see in the pic below.
        Spoiler

4. Click the button to send it. (Be careful when the latest post number is near 1000. Once it exceeds 1000, it closes and all messages posted after that will be invalid I think.)
        NEVER VOTE MORE THAN ONCE!!

If you find something has changed and this mothod isn't working, please post here so ppl who don't read Japanese can still vote!

SCHEDULE
    Spoiler
    1st Primary
    (07/06~07/11): Part 1
    (07/13~07/18): Part 2
    (07/20~07/25): Part 3
    2nd Primary
    (07/28~08/05)

1st Round
    (08/08~08/15): Part 1
    (08/21~08/28): Part 2
    (08/30~09/06): Part 3
    (09/08~09/15): Part 4

2nd Round
    (09/17~09/24): First Half
    (09/26~10/03): Last Half

3rd Round
    (10/06~10/13)

4th Round
    (10/16~10/23)

Quarterfinal
    (10/26~10/29)

Semifinal
    (10/31~11/01)

Final
    (11/03)

##########

IMO this year's tournament should be very interesting and intense.
    Two series (Rozen Maiden series and Magical Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha series) that had been dominating Saimoe Tournament past a few years will certainly be back.
    But Rozen Maiden Ouverture had only two episodes and may not be enough to get new fans (except for maybe Suigintou). And lolitic(?) Nahona and her friends have grown up and that may hurt their popularity?

Most last year's strong champ contenders will be back.
    Shana is back (Shana vs. Louis of Zero no Tsukaima vs. Nagi of Hayate the Combat Butler!?? ) and so is Strawberry Panic.
    Others that will be back are Utawarerumono, ARIA, Higurashi no Nakukoro ni, Mi-Z-HiME, Ichigo Mashimaro, Simoun, Kashimashi, etc, etc.

There had been alot of new anime series with moe characters to grab votes away from those veteran characters.
    Negima!?, Manabi Straight! Hidamari Sketch, Otome wa boku ni koishiteru, Lucky Star, Tokimeki Memorial, Akazukin, Zero no Tsukaima, Kamichama Karin, etc, etc.
    (I'm sure you can name more. Oh yes you can! )

I wonder how they will do against veterans.

So before real battle starts, who do you think will win?
    Will veterans hold on new comers and stay on top or will new comers get their moment to shine?
    (I know it's almost impossible to predict, but hey it's for fun )

Anyway, the battle should start sometimes in July.

Meanwhile...
    Anime Saimoe Tournament 2004
    Anime Saimoe Tournament 2005
    Anime Saimoe Tournament 2006
    HongFire Anime Saimoe Tournament 2006 Thread
    Last edited by chachamaru; 08-21-2007, 11:00 PM.

• Ajikan
    replied
    Even Hayate !

The end of the world is near ! /o/

If Tsukasa lose, I'll go kill myself by injecting strawberry juice in my blood !

Leave a comment:

• TSR
    replied
    No official results posted yet, but I gather that Vita and Yuno both won close and tightly contested matches.

Next matches, now underway.

E2-1 Shinku - Rozen Maiden Ouverture
    E2-2 Takako Itsukushima - Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru

F2-3 San Seto - Seto no Hanayome
    F2-4 Tsukasa Hiiragi - Lucky Star

Brief recap. Shinku easily handled Nodoka of Negima!? as did Takako over Hikari of Strawberry panic. San had a solid win over Souseiseki of Rozen Maiden and Tsukasa flattened her group.

Normally, I would expect Shinku to win walking away and Tsukasa to comfortably take a high scoring match against San. But as things are, both are in a lot of danger with a lot of spectators sniping at them. Should be an interesting round.

ja ne

Leave a comment:

• Para
    replied
    BWHAAHAH GO RENA XD

Leave a comment:

• seorang
    replied
    Kagami got KO'ed!

That's a surprise. I'd have rated her to make top 4 at least.

Leave a comment:

• Tsukari
    replied
    I'd like to think that the latest ep of HiguKai earned Rena some genuine fans which would be partially responsible for her victory. I would be happy about Rena's victory but by beating Kagami she has become a huge target and I'm betting she won't win her next round. :/

Leave a comment:

• bubblefreak
    replied
    ZOMGWTFBBQ? KAGAMI-SAMA LOST?

This is totally unexpected.. Never knew Rena got such a big group of fans/Kagami's haters who are able to vote until 1901 for her. This has got to be the highest vote for now. This has to be some kind of big conspiracy >.<

Nanoha also has a very close match with Luna.

GO Konata and Shana!! Revenge on those who have fallen!!

Leave a comment:

• orisa
    replied
    Originally posted by RC-fancy View Post

The only thing left in this is Konata and Shana >.<
    You got that right.

Two and half thirds of my favorites (Fate, Hinagiku, Nayuki and now Kagami) have been eliminated (okay, so my Kona-chan ended Nayuki, but that was a painful victory)...I can only hope Kona-chan and Shana to not be victimized by haters (any enemy of those two is an enemy of mine >.>).

Leave a comment:

• RC-fancy
    replied
    What. The. HELL!!
    The only thing left in this is Konata and Shana >.<

Leave a comment:

• TSR
    replied
    The real problem is the current tendencies for a bunch of groups to vote against characters rather than for them. There is a fairly strong Nanoha hate cult and another nearly as big that votes against Rozen Maiden characters at every opportunity. Also, certain shows have internal factions that do what is euphemistically called 'strategic voting.' (a.k.a. cheating.) This is where you vote against anybody you think might be a threat to your favorites in later rounds. Of course, what goes around comes around, when the people you burned get pissed off and get even. Spoils the whole thing for everybody, but not much you can do when that sort of thing gets started.

About all I can say is don't take it too seriously. If a favorite strong character gets surprised by a weaker one, it usually just means that the enemy is pissing their pants at the thought of a fair fight and take some satisfaction in a moral victory. Take some entertainment out of the surprising results. And who knows. One of your favorites might turn out to be the least hated character and win it all.

ja ne

Leave a comment:

• addict139
    replied
    i cant believe this... this yr's saimoe is getting really stupid....

how can 2 more prominent char's like fate and kagami actually lose... kagami shuld have won against rena(thou i dont hate rena, but i like kagami more)

and i cant believe lunar could actually stand tat close to nanoha... nanoha shuld hav owned here by a larger margin....

it is jus more or does more people seem to like psychotic lolis like rena and luna?

Leave a comment:

• S&T Kawaii Love
    replied
    What the.. Kagami lost?
    And Nanoha barely got through?
    This is one weird Saimoe Tournament. How can Kagami ever lose??
    And after seeing all the votes I would have sworn Luna won. Luckely she did not and Nanoha won. But only barely. This way she will be voted out for sure.

This Saimoe Tournament is getting pretty lame. Fate, Kagami two of the most populair characters are voted out. Kagami is on the same level as Konata. 1000 mark is reached too fast as well. Is it because Anime Saimoe Tournament is getting more populair and more people vote. So also the people who support utterly worthless characters? I get the feeling there are group clusters who vote for the same character all the time.

This Tournament definatelly is different then last year.

Leave a comment:

• orisa
    replied
    Kagami lost to Rena?! NO WAI!!
    How did the little psycho semi-loli artwise beat the traditional tsundere template that is Hiiragi Kagami? Oo

Next match is pretty boring for me...I'd vote for Vita but I don't like any of the other characters. =/

Leave a comment:

• TSR
    replied
    Results of the day's matches.

1702 C2-1 Luna Edomae - Seto no Hanayome
    1746 C2-2 Nanoha Takimachi - Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS

1901 D2-3 Rena Ryuguu - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
    1768 D2-4 Kagami Hiiragi - Lucky Star

Next matches, now underway.

C2-3 Miyako - Hidamari Sketch
    C2-4 Vita - Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS

D2-1 Yuno - Hidamari Sketch
    D2-2 Hayate Yagami - Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS

Brief recap. Miyako bested Caro of Lyrical Nanoha and Makoto of Kanon in a close battle while Vita barely won against Matsuri of Sola. Yuno thumped Barasuishou of Rozen Maiden and Hayate crushed her group.

Hey. Nice to see my predictions were off. Nanoha and Luna were neck and neck the whole match, constantly trading tiny leads until Nanoha pulled away at the wire, while Rena held a small but comfortable lead the whole match.

Today, I think Vita and Hayate will advance, though a lot of political voting is making things increasingly uncertain. Without all that stuff, I would have picked Kagami and Fate as the finalists with an ultimate showdown between humor and action fans for the title. Anyway, should be interesting.

ja ne

Leave a comment:

• Ajikan
    replied
    SHE'S DEFINITELY NOT NICE !

GOGO NANOHA /o/

Leave a comment:

• addict139
    replied
    nanoha must win.... revenge for fate's defeat...

GOGO NANOHA!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X