• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chachamaru
    started a topic Anime Saimoe Tournament 2007

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2007

Yes, it's that time of year.
    Express your definition of "moe" with votes!!

For those who are new to Saimoe, it is an annual tournament held by 2ch (Japanese forum website) between June and October to decide who the moest(?) anime character is. It started in 2001, and in 2004 it was a couple of hundreds votes at most per battle, but it grew rapidly, and by 2006 the championship battle collected almost five thousands votes.

##########
    Current list of Anime Series (In JP/Incomplete)
    Current list of characters (In JP/Incomplete)

HOW IT WORKS
    Spoiler

The First Primary:
    Each character is assigned to one of 18 groups randomly.
    You choose 10 characters at most from each group in the first primary.
    Top eight characters in each group will automatically go on to the tournament. (In case of having more than 8 characters due to tie, all will go on.)
    Between 9th and 32nd will move to the second primary.
    The Second Primary:
    Each character is assigned to one of 9 groups randomly.
    You choose 6 characters at most from each group in the second primary.
    Top 16 characters in each group will go on to the tournament. (If there are more than 16 characters because of same votes, all will go on as well.)
    From the first round in the tournament, you can only choose one character in each battle.
    The Main Tournament:
    From the main tournament, you can only vote on one character per group.

HOW TO VOTE
    Spoiler

Small warning. Pics here are from 2006 and may have small differences.
    First make sure your browser accept cookie.
    1. Get a vote code
      1. Go here.
      2. You see this.
        Spoiler
      3. You click the link seen in the pic above.
      4. You see this.
        Spoiler
        • It takes at least 2 hours to issue the vote code (it's instant if you use cellphone but I haven't done this, so I have no clue how to do it.) So come back after specified time in the pic above.
        • DO NOT RESTART YOUR MODEM OR ANYTHING THAT RESET YOUR IP ADDRESS! Or you may have to go through same process again from beginning and wait another 2 hours.
      5. Go back after specified time.
      6. You see this.
        Spoiler
        • Your vote code is only good for that day.
      7. You copy your vote code seen in the pic above.
      8. Now you have to get the list of entries. The link to all names of character you can see in the pic above has been removed. It was from 2006, but you can find them here. It is in Japanese. I'll try my best to provide those lists with English translated name along with them and post them here. So you can find names of characters you like to vote and just copy 'n paste Japanese part. (You have to use Japanese entry names for your vote to be valid.)
        Don't forget to copy << and >> parts. Those are needed, or your vote will be invalid without them.
    2. Vote
      1. Now that you have your vote code and names of characters, go here.
      2. You should see many links. Find "アニメ最萌トーナメント2007 投票スレRoundXX." It says "Anime Saimoe Tournament Voting Thread Round XX" XX should be some number. You need to go to the highest number. Threads with lower number are already reached the limit and closed.
      3. Once you enter the thread, go to the end of the thread, and you paste your vote code and your votes like you see in the pic below.
        Spoiler

4. Click the button to send it. (Be careful when the latest post number is near 1000. Once it exceeds 1000, it closes and all messages posted after that will be invalid I think.)
        NEVER VOTE MORE THAN ONCE!!

If you find something has changed and this mothod isn't working, please post here so ppl who don't read Japanese can still vote!

SCHEDULE
    Spoiler
    1st Primary
    (07/06~07/11): Part 1
    (07/13~07/18): Part 2
    (07/20~07/25): Part 3
    2nd Primary
    (07/28~08/05)

1st Round
    (08/08~08/15): Part 1
    (08/21~08/28): Part 2
    (08/30~09/06): Part 3
    (09/08~09/15): Part 4

2nd Round
    (09/17~09/24): First Half
    (09/26~10/03): Last Half

3rd Round
    (10/06~10/13)

4th Round
    (10/16~10/23)

Quarterfinal
    (10/26~10/29)

Semifinal
    (10/31~11/01)

Final
    (11/03)

##########

IMO this year's tournament should be very interesting and intense.
    Two series (Rozen Maiden series and Magical Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha series) that had been dominating Saimoe Tournament past a few years will certainly be back.
    But Rozen Maiden Ouverture had only two episodes and may not be enough to get new fans (except for maybe Suigintou). And lolitic(?) Nahona and her friends have grown up and that may hurt their popularity?

Most last year's strong champ contenders will be back.
    Shana is back (Shana vs. Louis of Zero no Tsukaima vs. Nagi of Hayate the Combat Butler!?? ) and so is Strawberry Panic.
    Others that will be back are Utawarerumono, ARIA, Higurashi no Nakukoro ni, Mi-Z-HiME, Ichigo Mashimaro, Simoun, Kashimashi, etc, etc.

There had been alot of new anime series with moe characters to grab votes away from those veteran characters.
    Negima!?, Manabi Straight! Hidamari Sketch, Otome wa boku ni koishiteru, Lucky Star, Tokimeki Memorial, Akazukin, Zero no Tsukaima, Kamichama Karin, etc, etc.
    (I'm sure you can name more. Oh yes you can! )

I wonder how they will do against veterans.

So before real battle starts, who do you think will win?
    Will veterans hold on new comers and stay on top or will new comers get their moment to shine?
    (I know it's almost impossible to predict, but hey it's for fun )

Anyway, the battle should start sometimes in July.

Meanwhile...
    Anime Saimoe Tournament 2004
    Anime Saimoe Tournament 2005
    Anime Saimoe Tournament 2006
    HongFire Anime Saimoe Tournament 2006 Thread
    Last edited by chachamaru; 08-22-2007, 12:00 AM.

• Cassandra
    replied
    I still couldn't get over the fact that Rika the Ni-paah~ girl won.. ..
    and I really cant believe that Shinku climbed so high o.0
    oh well, that's still next year =D
    (Clannad gonna pwns)

Leave a comment:

• orisa
    replied
    It's not like the angry mobs are the ones deciding which votes to count...

Leave a comment:

• eMKa
    replied
    I'm glad that Rika won
    If they wouldn't like foreigners to participate they could just count and include japanese votes only in the results

Leave a comment:

• Duo Maxwell
    replied
    Honestly, I'm sad with the result. Not just with this match only, the previous matches also made me sad.
    However, the winner is the winner. Congratulation.

Leave a comment:

• orisa
    replied
    I have to guess that the real reason they are pissed is because foreigners are participating in it in the first place. Within the time I lived in Japan, I found that they have next to no interest in foreign issues, and unlike foreigners, they don't need to crave for localization of foreign cultures. I think it's pretty natural to wonder why foreigners are participating in a technically Japanese event and have such a huge influence, as I would have as well if I still lived there.

In any case, I'm not happy with this year's Saimoe at all, but gotta give it up for probably the youngest loli in the group for winning.

Leave a comment:

• RC-fancy
    replied
    Booya~ Rika-chama won! Rika-chama WOOOOON!!
    ---
    They're just blaming the nearest scapegoat. And foreign votes didn't all go to Rika, foreign side also voted for Nagi. =/

Leave a comment:

• Para
    replied
    lol look at this way....

Rika was fighting a losing battle against Fate. So what does she do? Get some good friends to rally people behind her and beat fate XD.

The japanese 2ch boards have some really pissed off residents that Rika won because of the foreign vote. Rika accounted up to about 46% (1000) of the japanese vote while Nagi got 54% (1200) so the margin isn't TOO big. Foreign vote totals was up to about 21.5% of the actual total vote so they were the small group that made an impact.

Really though, imo Japanese shouldn't be that pissed at us. Foreigners were not the only ones who voted for Rika (I abstained fyi) but Japanese too.
    Last edited by Para; 11-03-2007, 09:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bubblefreak
    replied
    Congratz Rika. Though seems that she won due to some reasons as stated by TSR, she still deserve the title since she is cute ^^(without her psycho counter-part that is). Second to Nagi but still a good job since it is her first time in Saimoe.

Leave a comment:

• Hurahara
    replied
    Festival Time! Oh wait--
    Congrats to Rika-chama

Leave a comment:

• TSR
    replied
    2007 Saimoe final. 11/3

1499 Nagi Sanzenin - Hayate no Gotoku
    1521 Rika Furude - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

As usual, a huge boost from foreign voters overturned a big Nagi margin from the Japanese. Gotta be impressed with how low the Higurashi fans will stoop. Lots of ballot stuffing going on. Folks actually boast about how they get acquaintances to vote or request voting codes for them so they can vote multiple times. And I thought some of the Lucky Star fans were bad. Looks like the last character to not get her legs broken from ambush won the race. Congratulations.

ja ne

Leave a comment:

• cloudcid
    replied
    I heard Rika won?Not so sure though.
    Can anyone confirm this please.

link of the graph
    http://animemoe2007.hp.infoseek.co.jp/graph-k/1103.png
    Last edited by cloudcid; 11-03-2007, 10:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• orisa
    replied
    Nagi can't lose, she beat Kona-chan so winning Saimoe shouldn't be a problem for her. >.>

Leave a comment:

• Hurahara
    replied
    Rika-chama! Row Row Fight da Power! XD
    Still sad that Rena lost, but if Rika's Nipa~power fails, I don't know what to do

Leave a comment:

• Tsukari
    replied
    It's finally the final match, all my favorites were knocked out but oh well, GO RIKA-CHAMA!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X