X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Please Recommend Me An Anime" Thread

Youkuso..

POST HERE IF YOU WANT TO ASK THE GENERAL HONGFIRE COMMUNITY FOR ANY ANIME RECOMMENDATION OR ADVICE...

<<< === === === === === === === === === === === === === === === === === >>>

To make the recommendations more suitable to your tastes,
    it would be very advisable to include three things in your post:

(1) your favorite anime genre (comedy, romance, etc)...
    (2) a list of anime that you've already seen...
    (3) any anime or anime genre that you dislike (eg, you don't like mecha/robot anime, tell us beforehand)...

Here are some online anime rating resources that you might want to check out...

HongFire's Favorite Anime List
    - an objective poll by HongFire posters regarding the favorite anime titles of the general HongFire community; it can give you a few ideas on which anime to watch next...

AniDB.net Top Anime List
    - one of the internet's most trusted and comprehensive anime databases ever; this link takes you directly to the top rated anime on the site's database. it also has features that will easily allow you to segregate the list by category.

Anime Academy
    - a website which rates anime with grades and organizes them by genre; you can check this out and get some useful ideas on which anime to check out, especially the more classic anime titles from the 80's or early 90's...

Anime News Network - Review Page
    - this is the Anime News Network's review list and page. most of the anime reviewed here are those which are licensed and are sold in English as DVDs or boxed DVD sets, but it's still helpful in looking at what possible anime titles would be fun to watch and buy next...

AnimeNfo.com - Top 200 List
    - this link takes you straight to AnimeNfo's Top 200 List of Anime Titles, based on reviews given by its users. if you're thinking about watching your next anime, try looking at this list and browse downwards for the next anime you might want to check out. also, the site features a great database, so do some exploring for tidbits and info!

Anime-Source.com - Review Page
    - it's an anime review database which compiles reviews of anime from thousands of other watchers. right off the bat, the link will take you to the site's 'Rated Top 50' anime list, which will certainly give you a good idea of what you want to watch next if ever you're feeling lost.

MyAnimeList.net
    - this a very useful website for different types of anime lovers. in this website, you're able to see a great anime database, complete with user reviews and recommendations. personally, the thing i love the most about this website is the fact that they have a great fansub group database, which will help you decide which fansubbing group's work to use/watch for which particular anime, so it makes the tedious task of episode-hunting a lot easier...

Note - please feel free to suggest any other useful website or webpage for resources, since these are the only ones i really know of...

Good Luck and Happy Hunting...
    Last edited by Tiexandrea; 10-21-2009, 10:36 PM.

Interesting... that sure would end with other "reccomend me some anime" threads. I hope the staff makes this thread a sticky one.

Back on topic, I'm not really interested in asking for reccomendations yet. But since my finals ended today, who knows...

Many thanks to darkandshadow for helping me in the creation of this signature!
    "We are the owners of our own thoughts and yet also the slaves of our own words."
    "To create enemies it is not necessary to declare war, saying what you think is enough."
    ~Rick, HF-Hentai #473 | My Blog | FlashChat - We welcome you to join ~
    HongFire: The RPG - Still recruiting for more help

Comment

Let's hope it can prevent people like me or wmme85 from creating endless topic of the same sort. I feel responsible and ashamed because it's like we made Tiexandrea create this thread.

Oh well...

I'd add ANN as it is a great source of knowledge not only for beginners. Some people might not know about its existence.

Comment

^^^

LMAO, no, don't punish yourself, in fact, i was asking for recommendations myself a few months ago, and found some other people doing the same, then i thought, well, why not put it all in one thread and save others from the endless spiral?...

i think it's also a good place to post anime rating resources...
        as well as a good place for me to get some anime recommendations as well...

anyway, as soon as i get some free time, i'll dive into ANN and look for their anime resource and rating page...

Comment

Some of us are in need of recommendations dammit! Apparently I looked in the right topic. *waits to get stickied*

Comment

So let me start by asking for some recommendations. My wife and I are currently watching Cardcaptor Sakura fresh from finishing the second season of Tsubasa Chronicle (we had a bit of a run of Clamp anime lately). Once Cardcaptor Sakura runs out, we'd like to have something to watch while waiting for new episodes of Bleach to come out.

Our other recent watching history includes School Rumble (both seasons), Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Kanon 2006 (my wife has stopped saying 'uguu' already ) and Fate/Stay Night.

We're looking for an anime similar in vein to something like The Twelve Kingdoms, or the Legend of Basara. Any recommendations?

In principio erat Verbum, et Verbum erat Programma, et Programma erat Miku. Et Miku Caro Factum Est, et Habitavit in Nobis.

Comment

Originally posted by stormwyrm View Post
              Our other recent watching history includes School Rumble (both seasons), Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Kanon 2006 (my wife has stopped saying 'uguu' already ) and Fate/Stay Night.

We're looking for an anime similar in vein to something like The Twelve Kingdoms, or the Legend of Basara. Any recommendations?
              If you like other Clamp works, you might like xxxHolic though it feels a bit darker than what Clamp usually does.

If you've enjoyed Fate//Stay Night, I say give Busou Renkin and even Law of Ueki a chance if you're looking for some action.

Other comedies I can think of at the moment are Ultra Maniac, Ouran High School Host Club and Yakitate Japan! (who doesn't love bread...).

The Twelve Kingdoms huh? I thoroughly enjoyed it (too bad about 39-45). You might like Saiunkoku Monotagari, but it's more lighter and much less epic. If you're looking for a fantasy setting, I say give Mushishi and Fantastic Children a try. I definitely suggest Hikaru no Go if you're looking for something refreshing with a little fantasy. The music in HnG is hugely underestimated

Comment

i was waiting for someone to create something like this.
                This thread is your responsibility then. Take good care of it.

Spoiler
                Originally posted by starcaptor
                I would say Lisa Hayes would probably have the best historical account since shes been on the ship for quite a while. I remember talking to hongfire one on one in the forums for only one thing, and that was...why was the website called hongfire?

Comment

Was going to edit my previous post for a request but oh well.

I'm looking for a music-related anime similar to Nodame Cantabile, Full Moon Wo Sagashite and La Corda d'Oro ~Primo Passo~ Opus. I already watched Beck beforehand. Any suggestions?

Comment

aside from Beck and Nodame Cantabile, the only other music-related anime i know of is "Nana"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nana_%28manga%29

i have no idea about how good it is since i haven't watched it myself, but it's the only music-related anime i know of other than Nodame Cantabile and Beck...

GYABO~~!

Comment

I need girly anime's for my wife, she likes things like Sailermoon
                      So if anyone has an idea for what anime to do please do tell ^^

Comment

I think that Kyoto Animation stuff is good for girls.

Comment

Originally posted by GundamXXX View Post
                          if she likes Sailormoon, then i think you should look for "Akazukin ChaCha"...
                          it has some sort of fairy concept and it's also really funny...

or, you could always give her some guaranteed tearjerkers...
                          try "Kanon (2006)" or "Air"...

Kanon - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanon
                          Air - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_%28visual_novel%29

Comment

I'd have to say, go look for Nana, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Marmalade Boy, or Hana yori Dango... they are all girls friendly or guy friendly heh as i liked them all...

Comment

Originally posted by GundamXXX View Post
                              Shugo Chara is ongoing right now. Kamichama Karin doesn't have a complete batch yet. Kaleido Star is an absolute recommendation from me. Card Captor Sakura is pretty good. Aishiteru Ze Baby is an adorable show though I'm split if I should call it more girlish or not. Ultra Maniac was a lovely comedy. Full Moon Wo Sagashite, Air and Kanon 06 are enjoyable dramas. Uta-Kata and Pretty Cure are somewhat similar to Card Captor Sakura.

Comment

Working...
                              X