• Any good samurai animes?

So far i've seen these.

Kenshin
    Samurai Champloo
    Ninja Scroll
    Peace Maker Kurogane
    Samurai Deeper Kyo

Any more out there worth a watch?

Afro Samurai andGintama. Rurouni Kenshin seems to have already been mentioned... however, the Samurai X OVA's are good.

Comment

Hmm, I think this should be moved into the 'Please Recommend Me an Anime' thread... I'll agree that Trust and Betrayal and Reminiscence is excellent: they quite surpass the main Rurouni Kenshin series in many respects.

In principio erat Verbum, et Verbum erat Programma, et Programma erat Miku. Et Miku Caro Factum Est, et Habitavit in Nobis.

Comment

Originally posted by stormwyrm View Post
        Hmm, I think this should be moved into the 'Please Recommend Me an Anime' thread... I'll agree that Trust and Betrayal and Reminiscence is excellent: they quite surpass the main Rurouni Kenshin series in many respects.
        Except on the happy ending column. God that was 1 seriously depressing ending.

I have to add Sword of the Immortal to the list. It is being serialised atm.

Basilisk is NOT a samurai anime, but if you watched Ninja Scroll (the movie), the series offers more of the same action. Worth a watch.
        この先の困難に負けずに頑張れ。

Comment

there is Blade of the IMmortal, and also a movie called Sword of the Stranger.

There's also one called Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto. Started watching this awhile ago but the fansubs hit a wall and I haven't continued since. I should finish it up...

Comment

ya, try Sword of the Stranger. its a movie not a series so its a good quick watch.

use Anidb.net

its a Anime Database where it goods info on which sub groups sub what

Comment

How about Samurai 7? That was a pretty good show. Samurai with a sci-fi twist.

Comment

Forgot to mention Samurai Seven, seen that one too.

Thanks for all the info.

Comment

2 more to add after I dug through my archives.

Record of Lodoss War
                  Berserk

Both are fantasy medieval anime.
                  この先の困難に負けずに頑張れ。

Comment

here is an old one
                    wrath of the ninja, its a movie so quick watch there

and also one that i just recently found Samurai Gun

Comment

Working...
                    X