Clear All

• Amagi Brilliant Park [Amaburi] [2014]

Amagi Brilliant Park

Alternative title: Amaburi
    Type: Tv Series
    Genres:Comedy,Drama,Romance
    Studio Production:KyotoAnimation
    Plot Summary:
    Seiya was forced to accept an invitation to an amusement park by the mysterious and beautiful girl Isuzu. What he didn't know was that she would bring him to the decrepit Amagi Brilliant Park, Japan's most disappointing amusement park. Seiya is introduced to the leader of the Park, the "real princess" Latifah, who suddenly entrusts him with saving the park, which is in danger of shutting down. Amagi Brilliant Park, it turns out, is not just any amusement park, but rather one populated by fairies.

Ratings
    Dub:404-Not Found
    Sub:8/10, there was a delay for the subs of ep 10 which kept we waiting for 3 days and there were spelling mistakes here and there.
    Story:7/10
    Art:9/10
    Animation:9/10
    Music:8/10
    Overall rating: 8.5

Is it worth rewatching:Yes
    Do you recommend it:Yes

First review here, so forgive me if it makes you cringe.
    Amagi Brilliant Park, KyoAni's next masterpiece or not?
    Amagi Brilliant Park, is an anime about the revival of a park by Kanie Seiya(Kanye West) and the people of Amaburi.

Story
    The story started of well enough, with Kanie-kun being given the responsibility of saving Amaburi, it was good enough to keep you hooked, but 3 episodes in...the plot seemed to have disappeared, it was more like a slice of life anime though the last 3 episodes were plot heavy which saved the story from a 5/10 rating.

Art
    It's KyoAni, what do you expect!? Excellent animation and character designs, I love how goofy some scenes where,like when Macaron was putting the pill inside Sento's bento. Also even the background characters had faces. The only thing I didn't like was Kanie's character design. Excellent art and animation made me give it a 9/10, though there's nothing unique about it.

Sound
    The voice acting was great, I liked Sento and Tiramie's voice actors, I think there's no problem with the voice acting in this anime,the only thing lacking was the bgm, it was forgettable and the only OST I remembered in this anime was the OP which was decent. So unmemorable bgm and OP but great voice acting made me give it a 7/10 rating.

Character
    This anime was clearly character driven, most of them were fairly decent though other than the main cast, the side characters were also good and were fun to watch, especially the elves or the three human girls. Though the lack of a clear antagonist and backstory, were disappointing, Kirisu Rakku rarely had screen time and never actually felt like an antagonist while only bits and pieces were explained from each of the main character's backstory excluding Latifah, I was satisfied with her backstory. So I give it a 8/10.

Enjoyment
    This was a very enjoyable anime indeed, it made me laugh many times and kept me hooked for a considerable time, though I guess it was a bit too short, the pacing was also a bit too quick which made me lose a bit of interest but nevertheless this is a very fun anime to watch. 9/10

Overall
    Great characters, decent plot,fantastic art,enjoyable episodes,good voice acting and the lack of a clear antagonist,backstory and fast pacing made me give this anime a 8.5. I am eager for a second season of this.

Interesting fact about this anime-Some of the characters names were inspired from Rappers.
    Sento Isuzu-Isuzu meaning 50 bells so 50 Cents
    Kanie Seiya-The character used for Seiya means west so Kanye West
    Latifah-Queen Latifah
    Kanie's sister-Aisuu Kyuubu-Ice Cube
    Kirisu Rakku-Chris Rock
Working...
X