Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199

A journey; a trek; a voyage, that's how watching Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 feels like.
    You know an anime is good, REALLY good, when 26 episodes completed in 4 days feels like 26 episodes completed in a year. This anime just drags you in.
    Now let's get to the review!

Story:10
    The story of Uchuu Senkan Yamato is a simple one: A story of trials for salvation, just like those legends of the ancients. Though simple, it's executed well and remains entertaining throughout. There are no annoying sub-plots that detract the story, everything that happens is related to the main premise that is to reach Iscandar, which is great and makes it epic.

Art:8
    The art is matches well and is good, that's all. It remains consistent; no quirks or anything. and he art is attractive and conventional; not too flashy nor shabby which is great as it fits the more adult oriented nature of the series.

Sound:9

This score is mostly because of the main theme. UCHUUUUUUU SENKAAN YAAMAAAAAAATOOOOOOOOO. Instrumental or not I loved it. The voice acting was great too, and lively, many characters spoke uniquely such as Sado,Katou and Kodai Mamoru. The sound effects were fine too, nothing too unrealistic or crude.

Character:9
    There were interesting characters from all the sides(Terron,Gamillian.Iscandarian,Zaltzi etc.) and none of them felt empty, you will give a damn about most of them. The only thing I didn't like and the reason I deducted one point was the lack of romance , I mean romance obviously played a part in the plot but there was not much of it. We get to see the outcome of the romance but not much of the buildup nor the transition.

Enjoyment:10
    Why would you watch a series that you cannot enjoy? As said earlier, Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 is a journey and it's a very entertaining one. Dull moments are few and are quickly forgotten. I highly recommend this anime, like you should watch it now, like right now, what are you waiting for? Go!

The Yamato sure is a beauty,
Working...
X