Trying to get into cosplay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get into cosplay

I've been trying for a while, and it seems so much better to just make the costume than just buy one. Unfortunately with no experience I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm trying to make Captain America's Shield and I have no idea what material to use, the tools I'll need, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Picture for Ref.

Also I've been trying to find a hat like D's from Vampire Hunter D. Anyone know where I can get one?

You might be able to but the Vampire hunter D hat but failing that if you know a local place that does alterations to clothing etc they might also make stuff for you given the right price of course.

As for the shield if I was to make it i'd start with wood mainly the like of plywood, since its cheap and easy to work with but getting the right shape of the shield is up to you so it might be a bit of a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh1t3y3t1 View Post
      You might be able to but the Vampire hunter D hat but failing that if you know a local place that does alterations to clothing etc they might also make stuff for you given the right price of course.

As for the shield if I was to make it i'd start with wood mainly the like of plywood, since its cheap and easy to work with but getting the right shape of the shield is up to you so it might be a bit of a challenge.
      Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna start looking into stores nearby that might have some.

Comment

Lets see, you could go the Belegarth route and make a basic round strap shield starting with a piece of plywood and leather straps for starters. Then, if you have a good eye, you can take a block of foam and cut it into a bowl shape. Glue that foam onto the wood and either paint it onto the foam itself or make a cloth cover using white fabric and painting the red onto it.

Not safe for actual use though xD

Comment

Working...
        X