This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 'please sub me, I'm lonely' :( thread

Thought it might be an idea to put stuff here that either doesn't have a sub group yet (new stuff), or old stuff which was dropped/unsubbed for whatever reason, in the hope that some group will take pity on the poor things and sub them out of the kindness of their hearts *sniff*..... I'll start it with a couple I know of, but feel free to add new ones or make me out to be a rotten liar and I'll update this top message with the info....

**** ROBOT Series Info>>>
    Maohayato's old and new robot series are listed in the second post in this thread - thanks to him for this (as I don't have a clue about that genre myself, and it seems to be a very under-subbed area of anime)****

**** EXCLUSIONS FROM THIS LIST>>>
    Well apart from the Robot series, I've had to put a age-block on what goes on here (say to about 1998 unless it's a classic) - also excluding Hentai - both simply because of space - I had to stop somewhere. Maybe someone else could take up the banner for the rest?

Here goes.... - = - = - = NEW SERIES = - = - = -

New Series: Koikoi 7 (added 24th April)
    Licensed?: No
    Comments: All I know about it is it's a school/comedy/ecchi thing with a bunch of girls. It's scoring pretty high on AniDB's temp votes and is up to episode 4 already (raws available through leet raws)

New series: Comic Party Revolution TV (added 24th April)
    Comments: This is the sequel to 2001's 'comic party' series and 2003's side-story 'comic party revolution', two fairly well-recieved series. It's a comedy based around the world of fanzines, and has aired up to episode 3.

New series: Gokujou Seitokai (the best student council) (added 24th April)
    Comments: ***NEWS 29 April **** Good news - the new group 3Wanime has picked this up and released ep. 1 today. Thank you

New series/OVA (?): UFO Princess Enban Oujo Walkyrie Deluxe (added 17th May)
    Licensed?: see comments
    Comments: According to the tiny amount of info I have about this, it was supposed to start mid-April. I'm not sure if it's the 3rd TV series or just an OVA series, so it's had either 3 eps or probably 1 OVA ep.... Either way, I haven't seen any group so much as take a sniff at this one, possibly because it's surrounded by the slavering hounds of Media Factory's legal dept with their C&D notices, which is enough to put all the US based groups off. I'm not even sure if they even licensed it yet or not. Aye t'is a veritable black hole of non-information I have ... arrrr...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    . . . . - = - = - = OLDER SERIES = - = - = -

Old Series: Starship Operators (added 1 May)
    Year: 2004/5
    Licensed: Yes
    Comments: Dropped by Lunar (the only subbers) after 4 (?) episodes - this is only a 13-part series. I haven't watched it, but it is rated as a pretty interesting series.

Old Series: Sunabouzu (added 1 May)
    Comments Also dropped by Lunar (again the only subbers) after releasing 9 of the 24 eps. A good, funny and well-rated series. From the few eps I saw - I was looking forward to seeing it completed.

Old Series/Still Running: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX (from Bluefire) (added 24 March)
    Year: 2004/2005
    Licensed: Yes (by Bandai I think)
    Comments: I think this thing's up to around ep. 30 at the moment with only the 1st one subbed. I'm not going to say anything else about this, as I'm being well-behaved at the moment

Old Series: Zipang (added 20 March - thx Vector)
    Year: 2004
    Licensed: No
    Comments: **** NEWS!!! 28 April ***** Digital panic have picked up this series and have released ep. 3 today (where Deph left off) - great work people!

Old Series: Sensei no Ojikan (aka Doki doki school hours) (thx Nick64)
    Licensed: Don't think so
    Comments: Originally subbed by Anime Coalition/Triad and Seichi, seems to have been abandoned by both around ep. 8
    **** NEWS!!! 14th March**** I just heard (thx nick64) that a new episode (9) has been released by a group called TSC (new group?). Whoever you are TSC, thanks for dusting this one off!

Old Series: Space Symphony Maetel (part of the Galaxy express 999 world) (Added 14th March - thx crucif-X)
    Comments: *** NEWS***Back in production as of 5th April (thx again crucif-x) check Frothbite, AonE, or LE for episode 4

Old Series/Still running: Keroro Gunsou (aka Sergeant Keroro) (thx stevency)
    Comments: ***NEWS**** Soldats get back in the saddle on 6 May by releasing episode 7..... Great stuff People

Old Series: Gravion Zwei (thx Gourry)
    Comments: Was only subbed to episode 4 by Anime junkies and then dropped - apparently Anime junkies are no more. Another with a fairly high vote rating on ANIDB.

Old Series: Tetsujin 28-go (thx 1got2much3time)
    Licensed: Think it is (Geneon??) - uncertain
    Comments: Very little info to be had on this one, except that Seichi dropped it after 1 ep. (maybe because it was licensed?? I know Seichi drop licensed stuff).

Old Series: Ryuusei Sentai Musumet/Otomet (added 15 Feb)
    Comments: A 13 part series about groups of 3 girls with superpowers & helmets ..... Was never picked up at all. Apparently nothing special, but it did feature an apparently hilarious character with terrible 'Engrish'. Unique in that it's name changed part way through the series...

Old Series / still running (?): Viewtiful Joe - added 05 May - thx aagcnet
    Licensed: Yes (Geneon?)
    Comments. A 52-part (gasp!) series known for it's alternative artwork style. It's a Capcom comedy/action series set in a 'movie land' which was dropped by a number of groups after 4/5 episodes. Only average reviews given (unless you rate animenfo's system - and I don't).

Old Series: Wandaba style - added 05 May - thx aagcnet
    Year: 2003
    Licensed: Yes (the dreaded A_D_V)
    Comments: Short (12 part) series dropped by LE after 3 episodes (probably because of licensing). A sci-fi/comedy show for the tweeny audience which was fairly well rated.

Old Series: Love♥Love (added 17 feb - thx killzonenet)
    Comments: Right, stop that sniggering at the back! Yes I know it's not 'highly regarded' but it was subbed up to episode 6 of 9 dammit - doesn't someone out there have the heart to sub just 3 more episodes? Needs to be done for completion of the 3 series (other 2 are Cosprayers and Hit Wo Nerae). P.S. I hate it when they put stupid symbols in names so I have to cut/paste from character map...grrr....

Old Series: Omoikkiri Kagaku Adventure Sou Nanda! (Sounanda) - thx aagcnet - added 05 May
    Year: 2003-4
    Comments: Subbed up to ep. 9 (of 26) by Aikousha & Lightshock, these groups are lacking translators for this kids sci-fi comedy show

Old Series: Firestorm - added 05 May - thx aagcnet
    Year: 2003
    Comments: Subbed to ep 8 (of 26) by Lightshock - stalled due to lack of staff over a year ago, this is a scifi/action thingy - don't know much about it - had average ratings.

Old Series: Shoubushi Densetsu Tetsuya (legendary Gambler Tetsuya) (added 21 May - thx physics223)
    Year: 2000-2001
    Comments: This was a 20-part series based on the early life of the author Asada Tetsuya (apparently also a famous mahjong player). It was subbed only to episode 2 by UnitedAnime (dead group?). Looks sort of interesting, but can't find anyone who saw it all...

Very Old Series: Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko (added 5 May - thx aagcnet)
    Year: 1999
    Licensed: Don't think so
    Comments: Well, it was 'subbed' by AXN to ep 24 of 25 (AXN are actually a broadcasting corp) - and fansubbed by Aoi to ep. 5 (unfortunately Aoi's Sub-Cool has left the building, though saying work on this would continue, nothing more heard yet.)

--------------------------------------------------------------
    . . . . - = - = - = OVAS NEW AND OLD = - = - = -

New OVA: Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki 3 (added 20th March)
    Year: 2003 - 2005
    Licensed?: Yes
    Comments: *sigh* adding this one which had it's first 3 (of 6) episodes translated. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it subbed too, it's just that with FUNimation sitting over it snarling like a rabid dog (enough to put off AniKraze - who don't scare too easily), I don't see too much of a chance of it getting a fansub release before the DVDs are all out. The good thing is, I can't see it being too long before the DVDs hit western shelves.
    >>>>UPDATE MAY>>>> Well it's subbed up to date by a no-name group or two, just a 'special' episode to do (which hasn't been released yet). Good job whoever did this

Old OVA: Usagichan de Cue!! (It`s my Rabbit and It`s Cue!!) (added 07 March - thx akaaoi)
    Year: 2001 - 2002
    Comments: This 3-part OVA was an ecchi (not hentai) offering from Pink pineapple. It was subbed to ep. 2 by the group 'High Quality Anime' who were quite busy but seemed to stop releasing after June 2004. I found their forums but there's no post much less than a year old on there, so I think they'll have to be regarded as deceased. So to recap, this only needs ep. 3 translating, and received a temp. rating of over 7 on AniDB, so it's fairly well regarded.

Old OVA: Happy lesson Episodes 4 and 5 of the first set of OVAs
    Year: 2001 (I think)
    Licensed?: Uncertain
    Comments: These rarely seen episodes are only available in chinese subs I believe, despite being from a very popular series.

Last edited by Babel; 05-20-2005, 08:49 PM.

is this just a I'm lonely anime thread or is this also a wishlist?

If it is also a wish list, I'd like to add some series I would love to see subbed.

update: Space runaway Ideon ep1 has been subbed bu Shingetter .

update: Hokuto no Ken <status: continued>
    licenced: only the first 40 or so episodes.
    comments: its the best martial arts anime out there. also known as fist of the north star.
    additional info: it was subbed by AnimeSkySkraper up to ep43, but they have a shortage of translators and will have to put it on hold. If someone wants to translate for them go to their forums at www.animeskyscraper.com

NEW update Hokuto no Ken has been continued. Check this thread for more information and epsiode 44: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16896

update: Great Mazinger <status: stalled>
    anime-classic has announced that Great Mazinger will not be done in the near future.

update: Shin Getter 2004 <status: stalled>
    AnimeSkyScraper has released up to ep6. I guess the stall is due to translator and staff shortage.

Voltes V
    licensed: unknown, maybe??
    comments: a super robot series with electric powers.

Combattler V
    licensed: unknown, maybe??
    comments: a super robot series with electric powers.

Kotetsu Jeeg
    licensed: maybe, may have expired???
    comment: robot serie with a cyborg as the head

Goshogun
    licensed: known as Macron-1 in the US
    comment: transformable superrobot series, signature move: GoFlasher

Daimos
    licensed: unknown, maybe
    comments: superrobot series

Daitarn 3- super robot
    Zambot 3- super robot

As you can see, I want to see all the classic super robot series subbed. Too bad the raws are hard to come by.

courtesy of 1got2much3time:
    My giant robot wishlist (excluding ones mentioned already)!

Yuusha Raideen
    Dancougar
    Xabungle
    Dunbine
    Ideon
    L-Gaim
    Vifam
    Tobikage
    The three J9's: Braiger, Baxingar, Sasuraiger
    Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru (there's like 3 series with this one... SUB THEM ALL )
    Zettai Muteki Raijin-oh
    Rest of the Brave series: Exkaiser, Da Gaan, J-Decker, Goldran

the status of l-gaim and tobikage is stalled. dunbine is stalled as well to my knowledge.

Exkaiser is being subbed now.
    Last edited by maohayato; 05-17-2005, 04:05 PM.

HF-loli's newest release: tsurupeta * Hanyan Special hf-loli repack of BattleRaper2 get it now!
    Come join the loli side!

Comment

maohayato - yup, this stuff belongs here. Basically if it's anime and it's not subbed, then that's what needs to be here. Just one thing though, if it's really old stuff, then the year it came out might be useful in case anyone wants to try & find the raws??? Just an idea....

Comment

well its better to wait for a dvd release of these classical shows anyway. look at God Mars, its subbed with the dvd as raws.

HF-loli's newest release: tsurupeta * Hanyan Special hf-loli repack of BattleRaper2 get it now!
        Come join the loli side!

Comment

only one anime,

Sensei no Ojikan, the rest of the episodes, (i think it got up to 7)

Come on, i really want to finish this off, why isn't anyone subbing this!!

My DaTorrent list | What?

Comment

I can encode, just give me the raws ...
            Let's learn japanese and move to Japan to avoid the horrible licensing crap.

Comment

Slavik - well, for RAWs - Daphne in the brilliant blue RAWs are all here on Hongfire
              Lime Iro Ryuukitan - first 3 episodes RAWs can all be found through Tokyo Toshokan (www.tokyotosho.com/index.php) - but listed as 'Senkitan' (old series name). Can't help with the others I'm afraid - they can be hard to find if you're not part of an established subbing team...

Nick64 - added Doki doki onto the list - Thx
              Last edited by Babel; 01-25-2005, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nick64
                only one anime,

Sensei no Ojikan, the rest of the episodes, (i think it got up to 7)

Come on, i really want to finish this off, why isn't anyone subbing this!!
                It got up to 8... I'm not sure if I watched episode 8 though... anyway I hope the subbing continue for that as well...
                Visit my anime blog!!!
                Visit my personal blog!!!

Comment

i really hate it when a potentially good animegets abandoned mid-way through, a good example recently was 2 x 2 Shinbo, it was heavily delayed and looked as though no one was going to sub it after episode 10.

Then Ayu saved the day (that group rocks!) and subbed the last episodes for us!

I wish Sensei no Ojikan was subbed, it had the potential to be good

My DaTorrent list | What?

Comment

Agree about Ayu - they may be a bit slow sometimes, but their work is top quality and they always seem to come through (did a great job on Rozen Maiden - kept us all hanging for ages after episode 6, then dished out the last 6 episodes all in one go - awesome! )

Comment

My giant robot wishlist (excluding ones mentioned already)!

Some of these are licensed, some have jap or chinese DVDs, some have subs in another language, some were started by some group but have not continued/status unknown. But here they are anyways

Yuusha Raideen
                      Dancougar
                      Xabungle
                      Dunbine
                      Ideon
                      L-Gaim
                      Vifam
                      Tobikage

The three J9's: Braiger, Baxingar, Sasuraiger

Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru (there's like 3 series with this one... SUB THEM ALL )

Zettai Muteki Raijin-oh

Rest of the Brave series: Exkaiser, Da Gaan, J-Decker, Goldran
                      (though I don't think I have to ask since Fighbird, Mightgaine, Dagwon, and Gaogaigar are already being subbed, so unless the remaining Brave series gets licensed it's just waiting for the DVD releases yay )

Comment

Aside from Sensei on Ojikan, I heartfully wish Keroro Gunsou start subbed. As it being stored so long.
                        It have way too much protential to go, yet the job seems being dropped, that made me said.......

It have been airing 40+(recent is 42) and still have its way to go.

Comment

stevency - wow I thought keroro was still being subbed till I checked! I'll add it to the top. never saw any episodes, but it got a fairly high temp. rating at ANIDB (7.91 out of 10 - not too shabby)

1got2much3time - Hopefully maohayato will add those robot series to his list (got to admit the only name there ringing a bell is Tobikage) Actually you and maohayato have really surprised me with the number of these robot series out there - I had no idea there were so many!
                          Last edited by Babel; 01-25-2005, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Babel
                            stevency - wow I thought keroro was still being subbed till I checked! I'll add it to the top. never saw any episodes, but it got a fairly high temp. rating at ANIDB (7.91 out of 10 - not too shabby)
                            There are a batch raw torrent right here. I don't really think getting the raws are that fxxking hard. (I got most of the raws offline BTW)

So far I've been waiting this show being subbed of the whole damned 6+ months.

This title had invaded and conqered all over Japan, SE Asia. Comic have been invading into N. America AFAIK.

That 7.91 means that Keroro had invaded into their mind, no barrier can stop that from increasing the number.

Comment

Gravion Zuei... animejunkies started subbing but it died after eps 4... -_- isnt the best sub group... but the anime was fun anyway... XD

Comment

Working...
                              X