Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

System Animator - ANIMATE your Windows desktop with Anime stuff! (v8.0)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Animator - ANIMATE your Windows desktop with Anime stuff! (v8.0)

Hey guys~! Here I would like to introduce an interesting Windows Gadget I made (working directly on Windows 10/8/7/Vista) which can ANIMATE your desktop with cute Anime stuff

----------------------

System Animator

This gadget is multi-purpose system monitor with focus on visuals and FUN! How about a cute Anime gal who dances according to the CPU usage? An animated flag which waves faster when your drive is busy? The famous Matrix digital rain effect with scroll speed corresponding to your network traffic? It's up to your imagination!

(full size)

The latest version of System Animator supports the monitoring of sound output! What does it mean? Well, imagine your favorite Anime character singing and dancing to the beats LIVE when you play whatever song on your computer The visual effects are especially interesting with certain songs (especially those with strong and clear beats). Pretty cool, right? I don't think this is something you can do with Rainmeter or most other desktop buddy programs!

These YouTube videos show System Animator in ACTION! They demonstrate System Animator as a multi-purpose PC activity monitor, as well as a music visualizer, with interesting and fully CUSTOMIZABLE animation!

More video demos can be found here.

This gadget is still growing, and I am still looking for ideas to improve it, so you guys' valuable comments are most appreciated!

Download "System Animator" here~!

----------------------

Major Updates

----------------------

Extra Animation Downloads

Extra animation downloads, including most of the animations demonstrated in my demo videos, can be found on the System Animator download page.
    Last edited by AnimeTheme; 10-05-2015, 02:19 AM.

ANIMATE your Windows desktop with cute Anime stuff!

External links are forbidden in signatures
    Welcome to hongfire, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ripper View Post
      Well done right there, alerting him to that fact. *Pats Ripper on the head*

Very nice indeed, but I cannot see myself using it as I disabled the Vista Gadgets because they wasted too much RAM. How much RAM does your system use though and is it a major resource hog?

Comment

Ahahaha, OWNED right off the bat!
        Good job everyone! Keep up the great work!
        Let me know if I can be of service to you.
        Hurry! Read the post! The mods are coming!

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. I have corrected them. Sorry for being a noob lol Internal link to this topic on my signature should be alright, I suppose?

Originally posted by Mutsakman1 View Post
          Very nice indeed, but I cannot see myself using it as I disabled the Vista Gadgets because they wasted too much RAM. How much RAM does your system use though and is it a major resource hog?
          My system has 2GB RAM (around 256MB shared with on-board GPU). My Sidebar has 7 gadgets running (4 of them are System Animator) and sidebar.exe roughly takes 25MB RAM on startup. I don't think it is a burden, at least not to me.
          Last edited by AnimeTheme; 12-13-2008, 03:33 AM.

Comment

UPDATE: System Animator now supports monitoring the sound volume output. Imagine when Miku, Haruhi or the Luck Star characters dance to the beats while your favorite music is playing... pretty cool, right?

Comment

wingmare is tryin to do sumfin similar with rainmeter, maybe he might be interested.

Originally posted by HongFire
              I don't have any hentai games

Comment

Mmm, sounds quite cool... i might try it. I love customizing my pc... it doesnt
                feel like mine until it has my icons, cursors, fonts and sounds.
                With a infinite number of universes, your life is interesting on one of them.

We`ve got to part now, you and I, but dont be sad America. The Enclave is working tirelessly, to rebuild this great nation, so you dont have to. Until we meet again, this is President Zero, signing off.

Comment

Yeah if it's not more things to eat my resources.
                  “If Apple made a car would it have windows?"

Comment

interesting
                    sadly i prefer winXP+rain
                    Are you one of those humans
                    who are ok to EAT?

Comment

Hey AnimeTheme, i think this is great, just spiced my desktop up a little.

Yay, i now have a Konata clock, lol.

Last edited by random100818-0; 12-15-2008, 11:05 AM.

Comment

OK... I have partially successfully gotten system animator to run on my XP Professional system.... The problem is that some if not most of the animations work. All I get is the small square with the X in it. not even the prebuilt ones work either. I have done may things, like change folder address, install SP3, reboot 300 times, take hammer and start- you get my point. I don't know if it has anything to do with it being installed on XP using the Alky Sidebar or if my computer is just doing something wrong. I know you have not tested it on an XP system and it seems you neither have XP anyways, but any help will be greatly appreciated.

PS the only one that does work is the prebuilt MacFace one
                        Rule #6: Observe Signature & Avatar Guidelines.

Signatures, avatars and personal photos are to be appropriate content for all ages and within our specified limits. Signature limits: 700 pixels in width, 150 pixels in height and 100kb max in combined images overall and/or a maximum 5 lines of text with a font size of 1 is allowed. Invalid signatures can and most likely will be removed without warning.

Comment

Originally posted by topherjm8 View Post
                          OK... I have partially successfully gotten system animator to run on my XP Professional system.... The problem is that some if not most of the animations work. All I get is the small square with the X in it. not even the prebuilt ones work either. I have done may things, like change folder address, install SP3, reboot 300 times, take hammer and start- you get my point. I don't know if it has anything to do with it being installed on XP using the Alky Sidebar or if my computer is just doing something wrong. I know you have not tested it on an XP system and it seems you neither have XP anyways, but any help will be greatly appreciated.

PS the only one that does work is the prebuilt MacFace one
                          Your report helps a lot. The fact that at least the MacFace demo works gives me a hint of what may be causing the problem. I will try to build another version of System Animator (for XP) for you to test later.

For now, please help me test the following things, and see what you get there.

* 1. Is there any more demo that works? How about the Matrix digital rain one...? If they don't work, is there any demo that looks like anything besides "a small square with the X in it"?

* 2. Try playing the MacFace demo with different system activities (CPU usage, drive activity, etc), and see if there is any activity monitor not working.

* 3. Download this extra MacFace animation pack. This contains 3 more MacFace animations (Luck Star characters). Uncompress it somewhere and try to select them from System Animator settings panel and see if they work on XP.

Thanks for your help
                          Last edited by AnimeTheme; 12-25-2008, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Thanks to the help of topherjm8, I have worked out a NEW version of System Animator which is supposed to work on Windows XP! It still needs a final testing though, so I would appreciate if any interested XP users here can download the new version (1.6.0) and test it for me. More details can be found on the first post.

Comment

As of so far, the xp fix on System Animator runs perfectly. So far there aren't any abnormal. The only thing is the sound output option as it doesn't seem to do anything. It is used for the sound coming out of the speakers, right. Maybe i don't quite understand what it is used for.........

Anyway, very nice job!!!!
                              Rule #6: Observe Signature & Avatar Guidelines.

Signatures, avatars and personal photos are to be appropriate content for all ages and within our specified limits. Signature limits: 700 pixels in width, 150 pixels in height and 100kb max in combined images overall and/or a maximum 5 lines of text with a font size of 1 is allowed. Invalid signatures can and most likely will be removed without warning.

Comment

Working...
                              X