Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HF Tan 01 by Beam 7 Network

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HF Tan 01 by Beam 7 Network

    Beam7 Network made a original mascot for us. I will let Beam 7 Network to tell us more about HF Tan 01 and attach some data sheet in the next post.

    We are looking forward to have HF Tan 02 and 03 too so If you are good at drawing and made your original character that wants to be HF Tan please pm me to show me your work. or make a thread here.
    What screen resolution are you using in 2016?
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...-using-in-2016

  • #2
    Hongfire Character Project



    Fig 1, Background-Character Dissonance.

    Hongfire tan is a prototype character icon created solely for decorative purpouses within Hongfire community (because we can), let me try to explain that in the most boring way possible.

    The character ensembles a series of elements that are meant to reproduce Hongfire's community spirit, that in a way that's representative and visually appealing to the public and the broad anime fandom within every spectrum. Of course this is not really something I can achieve with a single prototype, that's why HFtan 01 is born as a primary icon that everyone who is a member of Hongfire can relate and become attached to wherever they see it, the ultimate goal (Set by Hongfire) is to attain symbolic status through the Internet and whatever place Hongfire might extend its influence to.

    But regardless of what the original plan was, IMO it takes time for things like this to rise to the symbolic status, Evelia is quite a new character and it can't be introduced as a forced meme just for the lulz, so depending on how much we can incorporate the character into Hongfire's image we will see if we can get something meaningful out of this project (let's say, our own doujin or whatever weird stuff we can come up with in the spur of the moment =__=).

    I have to admit that there's not a lot I can do right now because I will be busy until the end of the year, plus, HFtan 01 is lacking a decent amount of uniformity, if I say so myself, I'm not exactly good at keeping a specific pattern between drawings, and that's because I don't have a personal drawing style of my own, if you got to appreciate and compare two of my drawings, chances are it would be impossible for you to tell they were made by the same person, because my skills aren't technical or acquired, they're abstract and innate, so there's barely a drop of refinement and almost no methodical approach that can be applied to them.



    Fig 2.1 2.2 2.3, from right to left, top to bottom, Evelia monochrome, Evelia's pilot banner edition, HF Evelia's logo and "Reach for Heaven" pose.

    Hongfire tan 01: Evelia

    So yea, there's the problem with the uniformity criteria. I tried to solve this problem on my own by simply creating character design sheets containing the essential data anyone would need to reproduce the character if they have some sort of artistic notion.

    That aside, the character itself doesn't has a really obscure background, it's simply a pyrokinetic girl who wears a godly (literally) outfit that enhances her powers, I have yet to elaborate on the stats, but that's unimportant ATM.

    The godly outfit is pretty much something I came up with while browsing around, I just happened to read that blog about someone visiting a Nichiren Buddhist temple in Japan, the guy had taken a lot of pictures of moe decorative characters that were adopted by the Ryouhouji temple, these deities were brought to life by this creative person who though it would be a nice affective device for younger people that's familiar with anime, I couldn't help to think how great and macabre this addition was to our epistemic conception of religion. I guess Evelia's character stemmed from the idea of some girl wearing a fire god attire mixed with some strange moe cult fantasy starring fervient otaku misogynic maniacs I had at that moment ..

    At any rate, the character's name is pronounced へべリア not eh-vee-lee-ah, as it would be normally understood by English speakers, that's because I like it more that way, I guess it just occurred to me as a name I would give my daughter if I had one, or maybe not ..

    Fig 3.1, 3.2, Character Design Sheets: furthermost right, top, eye linear arrangement vs. camera angle | 3.3 Chibi | 3.4 Facial artifacts and features. | Fig 3.5 Swimsuit. ①~③ step-by-step.

    if anyone here has the ability to grasp these pseudo-technical character parameters and make something nice out of them it would be great, I can always use some help. These sketches contain the equips data, it covers at least most of what anyone would need to know about Evelia.

    Fig 4, Character Design Sheets: BONFIRE Circlet.

    Of course I skipped some important things but we can clarify everything else later on .. (She's just a loli .. So no BWH)

    Fig 5, Character Design Sheets: BONFIRE Overall.

    I could start making up details about the character but that's really beside the point here. Any further questions pertaining Evelia should be addressed to me if need be, it's not like I can elaborate a lot now.

    Fig 6, Evelia's Banner

    There's also this logo like thing I created but I'm not sure how it will work out in the long run, anyhow, it should remain as Evelia's specific emblem, it could be like those you see at SSB series, they appear beneath the character's damage % in game, or something along those lines. The logo has 'Hong' chinese char enclosed in a triangle, it should be red, but I guess anything would do as long as the symbolic value is there. Triangles are known in chemistry to represent fire, of course this could be traced down to alchemy among those obscure elemental symbols, but you get the point here.

    Fig 7, Evelia's Character Emblem

    That said, I'm looking forward to our new mascot showing up at the site banner, I was told by Hongfire that vBulletin is undergoing some sort of layout change so we're going to wait until the right time to start working on this. But chances are this is the first step we're taking on this project.



    Fig 8, Fake Watercolor

    Alright, we'll see where we can go from here.
    Last edited by Beam7 Network; 10-25-2009, 10:32 AM.

    Ringo Mogire BEAM
    | HF-CLAMP #148 | HF-TYPE MOON #215 |

    Comment


    • #3
      Dude. Can you make some HF-Tan Avi's and Sigs? I'd be good publicity

      Originally posted by TenguSan
      105xSTRIKER just asked me to comment on this thread

      Comment


      • #4
        ^ That's an excellent idea. I'm all for that.

        Comment


        • #5
          We are looking forward to have HF Tan 02 and 03 too so If you are good at drawing and made your original character that wants to be HF Tan please pm me to show me your work. or make a thread here.
          Whoah, I didn't notice this >.< I am sooo going to make HF-Tan 02. Don't worry guise. I can draw loliz 2.

          Originally posted by TenguSan
          105xSTRIKER just asked me to comment on this thread

          Comment


          • #6
            Hong, not trying to insult you, but you are acting as a kid.
            You wanted banners, somebody posted a mascot and you chose it out of nowhere.

            If you want a mascot, you have to do the following:
            1. Contact the organizers or HF Anime Drawing Contest to make a topic "HF-tan". (like here https://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122701). Announce it on the homepage so that all people might give it a shot to draw (offer VIP)
            2. Wait for it to end.
            3. Make a poll on Site Announcement page to let community (not only you) vote for the best mascot.
            Once the mascot is chosen, you have it.

            Now you just took a random person, you said you would give a VIP for a banner, you gave it to a person with a mascot (not a banner), said fuck off to all of the PhotoShoppers who worked long hours/days on a single banner and made a decision on your own.
            This is a community, not only you. Let people decide, don't make decisions on your own. You're like a Hitler/Stalin/Louis XIV in this case - ruling everything alone, not giving a damned fuck about other people's opinion.

            I hope you won't simply ignore this message or delete it.
            Last edited by maumastoks; 11-08-2009, 03:29 AM.

            HF-[img]HF-TypeMoonHF-TouhouHF-KeyHF-LoliHF-ClampHF-Vocaloid

            Comment


            • #7
              Mauma gotz the rage on.
              Quote of an Indeterminate Period: "I have no cake here for you." Pierre (Sekai Seifuku - Bouryaku no Zvezda)
              HF-HentaiIka MusumeHF-Bishoujo GamesHF Flash ChatHF-Greeters
              First they came for the S&M practitioners... Now they have come for the lolicons and shotacons... who will be there when they come for your porn...?

              Comment


              • #8
                ^As much as I agree with you in that the community should decide what the community should get, this is pretty much a case of "HF owns HF and he bloody hell gets to do whatever he wants with the site".
                OMG tadaima
                Bought a PSP only to find out that they've made a better, Mon-Hun version. This happened with my first PSP too. Fu*k.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Who takes days just to make a sig?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    one thing's for sure, its gotta be loli

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by pyrofrenzy View Post
                      one thing's for sure, its gotta be loli
                      It must be a loli.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by hbun View Post
                        Who takes days just to make a sig?
                        I do sometimes. But most of the time sig takes me half a day to make.

                        But banner isn't a sig. It is a way more important picture.
                        For example, I and chrno94 spent 8 hours making it. DNS and BlueMoon - 1 week.
                        Last edited by maumastoks; 11-08-2009, 05:54 AM.

                        HF-[img]HF-TypeMoonHF-TouhouHF-KeyHF-LoliHF-ClampHF-Vocaloid

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by maumastoks View Post
                          Hong, not trying to insult you, but you are acting as a kid.
                          You wanted banners, somebody posted a mascot and you chose it out of nowhere.

                          If you want a mascot, you have to do the following:
                          1. Contact the organizers or HF Anime Drawing Contest to make a topic "HF-tan". (like here https://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122701). Announce it on the homepage so that all people might give it a shot to draw (offer VIP)
                          2. Wait for it to end.
                          3. Make a poll on Site Announcement page to let community (not only you) vote for the best mascot.
                          Once the mascot is chosen, you have it.

                          Now you just took a random person, you said you would give a VIP for a banner, you gave it to a person with a mascot (not a banner), said fuck off to all of the PhotoShoppers who worked long hours/days on a single banner and made a decision on your own.
                          This is a community, not only you. Let people decide, don't make decisions on your own. You're like a Hitler/Stalin/Louis XIV in this case - ruling everything alone, not giving a damned fuck about other people's opinion.

                          I hope you won't simply ignore this message or delete it.
                          Thank you for your inputs. Reason why I picked beam7's work was because it's the best looking so far. As I said It's HF 01 so we can always have more later on. it's not like we will only have 1 mascot. Or maybe when we have a few we can then let the community to pick 1 the best to be the main mascot.

                          And good suggestion so I will contact people who run the contest abit later for them to run a mascot contest. they been doing it for long time so I am very sure they can organize a better contest than me.

                          As for the banner I am still kinda just waiting for more applications. Also I think I've already mentioned the script we are using atm is going to get a huge update. so pretty much the layout will be changed alot. so that's why I am not sure how the new style gonna look like yet. People who made the best banner will still get VIP maybe i will let the contest organizer to run the banner contest too. Been very busy lately.
                          What screen resolution are you using in 2016?
                          http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...-using-in-2016

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by pyrofrenzy View Post
                            one thing's for sure, its gotta be loli
                            Originally posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
                            It must be a loli.
                            fraking hell no
                            miscalanious.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by HongFire View Post
                              Thank you for your inputs. Reason why I picked beam7's work was because it's the best looking so far. As I said It's HF 01 so we can always have more later on. it's not like we will only have 1 mascot. Or maybe when we have a few we can then let the community to pick 1 the best to be the main mascot.

                              And good suggestion so I will contact people who run the contest abit later for them to run a mascot contest. they been doing it for long time so I am very sure they can organize a better contest than me.

                              As for the banner I am still kinda just waiting for more applications. Also I think I've already mentioned the script we are using atm is going to get a huge update. so pretty much the layout will be changed alot. so that's why I am not sure how the new style gonna look like yet. People who made the best banner will still get VIP maybe i will let the contest organizer to run the banner contest too. Been very busy lately.
                              Question: How many people did submit their mascots seriously?
                              Answer: One.

                              We had a contest on a banner, not a mascot.

                              HF-[img]HF-TypeMoonHF-TouhouHF-KeyHF-LoliHF-ClampHF-Vocaloid

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X