My current setup:

Camera:
    Canon EOS 1100D

Lenses:
    EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II standart zoom kit lens
    EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS telephoto zoom lens
    EF 50mm f/1.8 II prime lens

Other accesories:
    Camera bag, GND4, CPL filters, UV filter (in case I loose a lens cap or give my camera to someone else), cable shutter release, gorillapod, extra battery, hoods for kit and telephoto lenses, DIY fill-in light (9V battery with two 1W power LEDs, with reflector), DIY studio (70x100cm, 3mm thick) and portable (50x80cm, foldable) reflectors.

My album, I always use SkyDrive. Will only post links in this thread once I add something new (link will be the the first new photo):
    http://sdrv.ms/NAtoI0

Taken some new shots today but need a bit of retouching, expect them in a few days (likely tomorrow).
    Yeah, there aren't many pictures there since I delete 90% of my photos, learning of mistakes that I make.

Feel free to comment and ask questions. Constructive criticism is always welcome.
    Last edited by maumastoks; 09-09-2012, 01:16 PM.

HF-[img]HF-TypeMoonHF-TouhouHF-KeyHF-LoliHF-ClampHF-Vocaloid

I already commented on them a bit in the Pub thread, but I'll make a few more comments here. I like the lily pad photos, those are really beautiful. Whose dog is that, is it yours? And all those pictures in the city, are those from your hometown?

Keep up the good work, and show us more photos from Turkey!

Comment

I really enjoyed looking at your urban photos. I don't have anything like that here so it's definitely interesting to see photos like that from over there. Just amazingly crisp in general though!

Fantastic lily pad photos. I tried to get some of those over here but they didn't quite turn out nearly as well as yours. I'm surprised by how good that lily pad flower looks.

Yeah in my experience I delete at least 90% of my photos as well. Like I have taken 4k pics so far with my new camera but only 200 are worth showing to people. ^^;

Keep up the good work and like stu said, I would be very interested in seeing some photos from turkey as well!

Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness.

Comment

Thanks ;p

Yeah, that dog is mine. British bulldog, his name is Smakas.
        Cat is my sister's, she lives in the capital.

City photos - no, that isn't Siauliai (my home city). That's the capital of Lithuania - Vilnius. Shot during my stay there due to the surgery. Majority of the pictures were taken in the oldtown.

Comment

Four new photos, 2 of them asked by my mom and sis (portraiture): http://sdrv.ms/Nktc0k
          Also got lucky again - this time dog caught.

Comment

Very nice! really makes me want to invest in a good camera >.< lenses are so expensive D:

Comment

Some urban photos from the capital today (took only my 50mm): http://sdrv.ms/SFd2SO (go forward)

Comment

There are some interesting photos, and then there are some "interesting" photos. Who's the random guitar player, just some guy you saw? The dog with heterochromia is pretty cool! And the purple flowers are pretty random, since the rest of the photos are all urban/city shots.

Comment

Everything taken was completely random - was taking whatever caught my eye on the streets

Comment

My latest gallery: http://sdrv.ms/PhATDf
                    Shot over 150 pictures but only 9 survived my review lol
                    8 of them were shot with my 50mm, one with 55-250mm

Comment

Nice views of the city! ^^ I don't know who some of the people in the photos are, so if you have time and feel like it, it might be a good idea to add a short description to some of the photos. I haven't used SkyDrive before I don't know what options are available...

Comment

Originally posted by maumastoks View Post
                        My latest gallery: http://sdrv.ms/PhATDf
                        Shot over 150 pictures but only 9 survived my review lol
                        8 of them were shot with my 50mm, one with 55-250mm
                        Yep, that's a solid standard photographers ratio. I took 300 photos yesterday and only kept 5.

Yeah, I agree that you may need to add short one line descriptions to give us a sense of what we're looking at there. Also stop taking candid photos of people sleeping without the person's permission! xD

But yes, image 1235 is certainly my favorite. Very nice view of the sea + the good use of depth to show the mountains & city while crossing a bridge. Sadly, the colours aren't quite as vibrant as one would hope though. Then the one you took with your 50-250mm lens certainly gives you a great sense of the details on that Mosque and Minaret. Sky isn't too clear in 1343 but cool sense of depth there too. Also very nice portraits of you and the people you know~

Comment

Added some descriptions and will continue adding on all of my photos from now on =)

1235 was taken on a bus, so that's the glass that is killing the colours >_<
                          1343 was supposed to be so - it was very light mountain fog appearing at that time. That's exactly what I wanted to capture - the fog partly blurs the tops of the mountains and darkens the sky

Comment

Originally posted by maumastoks View Post
                            Added some descriptions and will continue adding on all of my photos from now on =)

1235 was taken on a bus, so that's the glass that is killing the colours >_<
                            1343 was supposed to be so - it was very light mountain fog appearing at that time. That's exactly what I wanted to capture - the fog partly blurs the tops of the mountains and darkens the sky
                            Thanks! Really great to have some context with these photos.

Ah, shooting through the glass would definitely explain it. Yeah that definitely sucks. Can't quite capture how awesome the Bosphorus strait is but it's cool to know what it actually is. With the 1343 I guess I didn't realize that since my sky has that eerie grey hue to it for all of my life. I'm completely used to my photos always turning out like that. Fog always blurs my mountains and kills the vibrancy of my sky. >.<

But yep, like I said earlier, very interesting and keep up the good work! ^^

Comment

Added more photos, including my largest and widest panoramic stitch so far - 200 degrees angle, 76MB
                              http://sdrv.ms/RYZRoB
                              And as usual my love for portraiture is obvious lol

Comment

Working...
                              X