• Show
Clear All

• ☼Midnavi☽ (Street Fighter Alpha 3)

Take a short break from Hentai and have a nostalgia trip~

Super Mario World ROM Hacks
    Spoiler

SMW Central Collab - 1
    Spoiler

Note: This post is a direct-lift of another post (from another Forum). I will be posting every gaming video in this thread (if HF will allow me to change the threads name like the other one, I will alter the title to convey what new game was posted).
    If you like what you see, be sure to leave some feedback. ^^ The video is in 480p, but will be upscaled to 720p eventually. My range of games go from NES to N64 & PSX. Also GB/GBA and DS. If you have any suggestions of games I should play as well, go ahead and leave a comment. My older videos can be found on my channel such as an Ocarina of Time playthrough, Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3 (though in meh quality), etc. I hope you enjoy.

Message originally posted by Midnavi on 08-05-2015 at 12:57 AM:
    SMW Central Collab - 2
    Spoiler
    This video was meant to be 30 minutes until I made mistake after mistake on the later stages and I just wanted to get part 2 out, since I covered a lot of levels in 18 minutes. I added some effects to it too, including speed-ups when I finish a stage (so you don't have to watch Mario walk slowly away from the goal post). I'm on my way to practicing the other levels now. Yeah, yeah, the video is in 480p... I can't help that right now until I get better hardware.

Message originally posted by Midnavi on 08-22-2015 at 11:59 AM:
    SMW Central Collab - 3
    Spoiler
    Part 3 is finally made. This part has a lot of Auto-Scrolls in the first half so I included annotations for you to skip all of it. The last two levels from part 2 are finished as well as the entire Forest section.

EDIT: All videos will be posted as a reply until the next comment is posted by anyone or myself. The video will then be moved to the first post and archived under spoilers to prevent too much clutter.
    Last edited by Midnavi; 03-10-2016, 10:17 AM.

Castlevania - Curse of Darkness

I always find gameplays relaxing. You are very good, I saw some risky moves that were done perfectly. The only thing that bugs me is that you don't pick up the coins, lol, but I understand it's a speed run.

Fear the Impregnator

Comment

I was nervous watching you. xD I guess I shouldn't be, since you probably wouldn't have uploaded the videos if you'd done terribly, but a lot of those moves were pretty crazy! How much time do you spend practicing those levels before you're able to get through them like that?

Comment

Originally posted by stukasa View Post
        I was nervous watching you. xD I guess I shouldn't be, since you probably wouldn't have uploaded the videos if you'd done terribly, but a lot of those moves were pretty crazy! How much time do you spend practicing those levels before you're able to get through them like that?
        I been playing Super Mario World for ages... I started getting into arbitrary challenges like completing a certain level in 100 in-game seconds or using game altering codes against me. SMW was one of few games I had when I was little, so often I would goof off in levels and pull stylish stuff. When you play it long enough, you get the physics down and eventually jesus through it with no problem. xD When playing a ROM Hack, all I have to do is remember the level layout and enemy placement. I get about roughly 8 to 9 hours (at the most) to practice the game, but I also play other games to keep me from being burned out like F-Zero X. I went on a hiatus for a month because of lack of motivation and videos were not going anywhere, but I'm back at it.

Comment

Flawless gameplay again. The level designs are pretty wild.

Fear the Impregnator

Comment

Do you mean 8 to 9 hours in total? It's pretty incredible you're able to memorize placements and run through the levels so smoothly if that's what you mean. Also I've been playing SMW for ages too, it's one of my all time faves, although you have far more skills than me at the game... especially considering I'm out of practice for several years. Anyway, amazing stuff, keep it up! As for future let's play suggestions, do you play stuff like Super Metroid? That my all time favorite speedrun. Then Megaman X, Super Adventure Island, and Doneky Kong Country 1 & 2 are all pretty awesome.

By the way, I can't wait to see what you do when you get your hands on Super Mario maker! Also to answer your question, feel free to update the thread's title to the latest video uploaded. ^^

Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness.

Comment

I have Part 3 in the making and it's about almost 15 minutes. The problem is, the path I took was littered with Auto-Scrolls and two swimming sections. My 2nd issue is video length. I felt like I came up short so I will try and include more levels in the video. To fix the Auto-Scroll nonsense, I added time-codes so you could fast-forward or skip it entirely. Nobody likes Auto-Scrolls and I hate them as well... :T

To sort of answer your question, I get around an average of 3 to 4 hours of practice at the most. Currently, my life has been extra busy and I wasn't able to record or edit anything without the stress of time. If I wasn't employed, I can definitely mark around 8 or 9 hours, but we all cannot be too lucky...

Anyway, I'll practice through more of the stages as well as mention that I have been thinking about 100%'ing a game and treat it as a walkthrough too. Right now though, my life sucks. xD

Comment

Swimming sections aren't necessarily terribly slow paced but with Auto-scrolls as they say in the speed run business, auto-scrollers are time for reading off donations, lol. I'm sure regardless you could post the video and people could watch it if they'd like.

Yeah, that's why youtubers usually say creating videos can easily become a full time job! D: Take your time with it, if you don't feel satisfied with your level of practice then I'm sure you can spend some more time to make the moves faster/flashier.

What kind of game did you have in mind to 100%? Because a walkthrough sounds like a cool idea. Hopefully not Skyrim, you'd be at that for months! XD

Comment

I hate auto-scrolls too and I'm just a normal player. xD I mean, I understand why they're there but they feel kinda forced compared to the rest of the game, where you can run around at your own pace.

Have you ever tried speed running through the old Sonic games on Genesis? I feel like those games were meant to be played fast and furious like that. Of course, I imagine it would probably get pretty crazy at the speeds those games can reach.

I'll be looking forward to part 3 when it's out. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by stukasa View Post
                    Have you ever tried speed running through the old Sonic games on Genesis? I feel like those games were meant to be played fast and furious like that. Of course, I imagine it would probably get pretty crazy at the speeds those games can reach.
                    Yes, actually! I (sort of) ran through Sonic The Hedgehog 1 and 2 on the Genesis but I plan on replacing those in the future because I found faster ways to complete all of the stages. I don't do any glitches like "stage-zips". Those feel unfair to me. Also, the quality is a bit poor... They were one of few of my early videos, but you can find the Sonic 1 video here. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Midnavi View Post
                      Yes, actually! I (sort of) ran through Sonic The Hedgehog 1 and 2 on the Genesis but I plan on replacing those in the future because I found faster ways to complete all of the stages. I don't do any glitches like "stage-zips". Those feel unfair to me. Also, the quality is a bit poor... They were one of few of my early videos, but you can find the Sonic 1 video here. ^^
                      That was crazy. XD I had a mini heart attack every three seconds, but of course I didn't have anything to worry about. I feel like that's how the developers wanted Sonic games to be played: blindingly fast without interruption. The part where you ran through the lava in the Marble Zone scared me, by the way.

Comment

I hadn't seen this particular ROM Hack in action before so I was perfectly fine with not skipping anything. :3

I'd say that swimming levels are more interesting to me than other people because I find the "float-y" way of moving to be difficult to predict(kinda like in a Balloon fight way) and it's really impressive to be able to dodge all the spikes, as well as the randomly placed undersea magikoopas, lol. Nice little addition with the death @ 11:00, I was like "NOOOO! The pacing of the video is ruined! ;-;" But then it was straight laughs when I figured out what you were doing. Also that speed up through the level afterwards just highlights how impressive those crazy maneuvers are! That cloud level looked stupidly difficult... I hate those type of levels with a passion! But you made it look super simple, so much was happening on screen and Mario would just pop out safe and fine. xD I laughed for a minute at the zoom-in on swag Mario kicking that shell as he exited. So badass!

Also you might get a laugh out of this. My brother showed up to watch it half-way through the vid, and said "you watching pro speed runners again? what the fuck? that move was ridiculous. I could never finish this level. This person obviously practices every single day to get this good." xD He ended up watching the rest of the video with me and commenting on all the sick moves.

It was all an entertaining video and honestly your most enjoyable one yet. I don't have any complaints, you made it all feel fresh, fast, funny, and finally fun!

Comment

Some of these fan-made Mario games are pretty creative, I have to say. (I mean, fish with saw blades on their heads?! xD) There are probably a million of them out there ranging from excellent (like the one you played) to downright terrible. How do you decide which ones to play?

Also, why do you usually/always skip getting items? Does it hinder you somehow to be big?

Like BloodmageR said, it wasn't a problem having the swimming/auto-scroll sections in the video. Still entertaining to watch either way. ^^

P.S. -
                          Spoiler
                          I was so shocked when you died at around 11:00. I laughed at the slo-mo zoom in of Mario's death face.

Comment

I'm glad a couple of you enjoyed them. It's also the first time one of my videos hit the 100 view mark. It's not much compared to higher-ups but I just do this out of a hobby and I was happy to see others invest time in watching them. Thanks a bunch for checking them out, guys. ^^ I'll get to recording when I have the free time.

Comment

That's good, as long as you enjoy making them it won't really matter how many views it gets. Personally I like to support small or starting video makers, so yea keep at it!

Fear the Impregnator

Comment

Working...
                              X