Japanese Conversation for beginners!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Conversation for beginners!

This thread is for us beginners or intermediates to learn the language of Japanese through practice!
    What better way is there to learn a language than use it right?
    I'll start with my noobish lines.
    Rules
    1.Include furigana for Kanji
    2.Romaiji and English translation is preferred
    Let's learn together!
    く皆(みな)よろしくおねがいします
    (Mina-san yoroshiku) (Welcome everyone!)
    Last edited by OppaiTaishō; 04-24-2015, 07:02 AM.

このビデよはすばらしです

Comment

Originally posted by OppaiTaishō View Post
      This thread is for us beginners or intermediates to learn the language of Japanese through practice!
      What better way is there to learn a language than use it right?
      I'll start with my noobish lines.
      Rules
      1.Include furigana for Kanji
      2.Romaiji and English translation is preferred
      Let's learn together!
      く皆(みな)ーさんよろし
      (Mina-san yoroshiku) (Welcome everyone!)
      Sorry to make my first port to correct you but you 'ku' was where it shouldn't and you don't need ー .

皆さんよろしくおねがいします。日本語で話してみましょう! *にほんごではなしましょう。

Also I recommend you all to use the plugin called Rikaichan for Firefox since it will translate you the Kanjis using the mouse.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_293080_1467446443955_602[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Juas View Post
        Sorry to make my first port to correct you but you 'ku' was where it shouldn't and you don't need ー .

皆さんよろしくおねがいします。日本語で話してみましょう! *にほんごではなしましょう。

Also I recommend you all to use the plugin called Rikaichan for Firefox since it will translate you the Kanjis using the mouse.
        Thanks I installed it.
        Also I kinda forgot to add the ”く” it became よろし(Yoroshi) instead, also we don't need it for honorifics?
        Oh yeah
        What does "ではなしましょう。" mean?
        I understand the first part, which is 日本語。
        Last edited by OppaiTaishō; 04-24-2015, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks I installed it.
          Also I kinda forgot to add the ”く” it became よろし(Yoroshi) instead, also we don't need it for honorifics?
          Oh yeah
          What does "ではなしましょう。" mean?
          I understand the first part, which is 日本語。
          I don't know where did you get く for honorifics but it'll be the first time I see it. Sometimes you can see お or ご before some names as honorific, those are the common ones. In this case between friends you don't need anything in 皆。

Also: I said "Let's speak in Japanese".

日本語 で はなしましょう

Nihongo de hanashimashou!
          - Japanese.
          - "de" is a particle with multiple meanings, in this case means IN as Speak in Japanese.
          - Hanasimashou comes from the verb speak: Hanashimasu はなします, and all verbs have a form with the ending ましょう (mashou) that turns them into "let's..." like "let's go!" 行きましょう

Comment

はなしましょう is "let's talk" So he said にほんごではなしましょう Which is (Japanese, talk, lets.) Or "Let's talk in Japanese." ましょう is used to express "Let's do ____"

Gah I was beaten to it!

はい!皆さん、よろしくお願いします!
            私は一年日本語を勉強しています。 しかし、まだ悪いですよ!
            私の悪い日本語を許してください!

I can add furigana upon request but try to decode with rikaichan. 頑張ってください! (^^)
            Last edited by 中出し; 04-24-2015, 07:48 AM.

Check out my Custom AA2 Background Music too!

中出し (なかだし・Nakadashi)

Comment

Originally posted by 中出し View Post
              はなしましょう is "let's talk" So he said にほんごではなしましょう Which is (Japanese, talk, lets.) Or "Let's talk in Japanese." ましょう is used to express "Let's do ____"

Gah I was beaten to it!

はい!皆さん、よろしくお願いします!
              私は一年日本語を勉強しています。 しかし、まだ悪いですよ!
              私の悪い日本語を許してください!

I can add furigana upon request but try to decode with rikaichan. 頑張ってください! (^^)
              I don't want anybody to think I'm here to say you are wrong but I'm gonna try to help improve your Japanese with my knowledge so let me correct something.

Your sentence about the time you've been studying Japanese lacks of a particle that let us know if you've been studying Japanese for, about, during a year or something similar like 一年ぐらいから。 Also 悪い isn't exactly accurate because it may be translated as I'm evil or I'm bad (as a bad person), the most correct form when you talk about skills is using へた。

Comment

I don't want anybody to think I'm here to say you are wrong but I'm gonna try to help improve your Japanese with my knowledge so let me correct something.

Your sentence about the time you've been studying Japanese lacks of a particle that let us know if you've been studying Japanese for, about, during a year or something similar like 一年ぐらいから。 Also 悪い isn't exactly accurate because it may be translated as I'm evil or I'm bad (as a bad person), the most correct form when you talk about skills is using へた。
                あ、なるほど。わかりました。ありがとうございます。

私は一年ぐらいから日本語を勉強しています。
                しかし、まだ下手ですよ!

would へた be used in this sentence as well or 悪い? I think 悪い because it's attached to "my japanese" 私の悪い日本語。 so, there's little chance it can be interpreted as evil. (This is just my speculation).

私の(下手、悪い)日本語を許してください!

Thanks for the corrections. My tutor has taught me about ぐらい but hasn't mentioned anything strange when I use 悪い。 I'll be sure to ask her about it as well for even more clarification. I appreciate the corrections. When I do make mistakes feel free to correct me. I enjoy hearing from a more experienced user of the language.
                Last edited by 中出し; 04-24-2015, 08:12 AM.

中出し (なかだし・Nakadashi)

Comment

Originally posted by 中出し View Post
                  あ、なるほど。わかりました。ありがとうございます。

私は一年ぐらいから日本語を勉強しています。
                  しかし、まだ下手ですよ!

would へた be used in this sentence as well or 悪い? I think 悪い because it's attached to "my japanese" 私の悪い日本語。 so, there's little chance it can be interpreted as evil. (This is just my speculation).

私の(下手、悪い)日本語を許してください!

Thanks for the corrections. My tutor has taught me about ぐらい but hasn't mentioned anything strange when I use 悪い。 I'll be sure to ask her about it as well for even more clarification. I appreciate the corrections. When I do make mistakes feel free to correct me. I enjoy hearing from a more experienced user of the language.
                  悪い is not exactly wrong but 下手 is way more suitable when talking about skills, like speaking Japanese or playing tennis. The "problem" comes because 悪い also means "evil" so just to avoid any misinterpretation it's better using other adjectives, but of course in a sentence where we know what are we talking about it's fine... although not my first option.

下手 is a -な adjective while 悪い is a -い adjective. When you use -i ones you don't need anything before the word 悪いこと = Something bad but when you use -na ones you need to put な before the name, so it'll be 下手な日本語 = unskillful Japanese.

Comment

悪い is not exactly wrong but 下手 is way more suitable when talking about skills, like speaking Japanese or playing tennis. The "problem" comes because 悪い also means "evil" so just to avoid any misinterpretation it's better using other adjectives, but of course in a sentence where we know what are we talking about it's fine... although not my first option.

下手 is a -な adjective while 悪い is a -い adjective. When you use -i ones you don't need anything before the word 悪いこと = Something bad but when you use -na ones you need to put な before the name, so it'll be 下手な日本語 = unskillful Japanese.
                    Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again for the useful advice!

ありがとうございます。

中出し (なかだし・Nakadashi)

Comment

I don't know where did you get く for honorifics but it'll be the first time I see it. Sometimes you can see お or ご before some names as honorific, those are the common ones. In this case between friends you don't need anything in 皆。

Also: I said "Let's speak in Japanese".

日本語 で はなしましょう

Nihongo de hanashimashou!
                      - Japanese.
                      - "de" is a particle with multiple meanings, in this case means IN as Speak in Japanese.
                      - Hanasimashou comes from the verb speak: Hanashimasu はなします, and all verbs have a form with the ending ましょう (mashou) that turns them into "let's..." like "let's go!" 行きましょう
                      So 日本語 で はなしましょう=Let's speak in Japanese?
                      Is this a correct usage of "で”
                      私はで学園

Comment

So 日本語 で はなしましょう=Let's speak in Japanese?
                        Is this a correct usage of "で”
                        私はで学園
                        That sentence is missing the verb so I cannot say if で is correct. I mean, I school, OK, but I go to? I study at? I come from? Still the position is indeed wrong, で comes always right after the name where the action is taking place 私は学園勉強しています = I study in the academy.

Comment

That sentence is missing the verb so I cannot say if で is correct. I mean, I school, OK, but I go to? I study at? I come from? Still the position is indeed wrong, で comes always right after the name where the action is taking place 私は学園勉強しています = I study in the academy.
                          ごめなさい、 俺が”です”忘れる。
                          私で学園です。>So this is wrong, cause I am going to "School", and school is a place so で should come after the place you are going to. Was that right?
                          カタで住む
                          Last edited by OppaiTaishō; 04-25-2015, 09:04 AM.

Comment

ごめなさい、 俺が”です”忘れる。
                            私で学園です。>So this is wrong, cause I am going to "School", and school is a place so で should come after the place you are going to. Was that right?
                            カタで住む
                            If I could chime in too,ごめんなさい is the correct spelling. なさい is added to make things more polite so the base term is ごめん。

I'm going to school would be 私は学園に行ています(わたし は がくえん に いています)
                            。 (にandで always confuse me but I think に is the correct particle here). And I need clarification on the conjugation of 行く for て form is it いています or いきています? I'm pretty sure it's the first one but I don't remember exactly. I've always been bad with those mnemonic changes.

For an action happening at a place like "I had sex at school" you would use で。 私は学園でせっクスをしました。 私は- I 学園で - at school せっクス - sex をしました - had.

you turn nouns and adjectives into verbs with する。 the past tense conjugation of する is しました。 Juas feel free to correct me if I made any mistakes. (^^) I'd like to help those with lower knowledge then myself but not if my information is wrong.
                            Last edited by 中出し; 04-25-2015, 01:55 PM.

中出し (なかだし・Nakadashi)

Comment

ごめなさい、 俺が”です”忘れる。
                              カタで住む
                              Well, that's wrong because that would mean "I am school" XD. Depending on your mother language there are things that you can see pretty clear with the language で shows where the action takes place, but に goes with movement verbs like 行く (iku, go) and they all need that particle to show direction.

So as Nakadashi told you, it'd be 私は学園に行ています... although that's not exactly right either. If you use the form ています of the verb you are making them in present continuous (literally something that is happening right now) and when you say 私は学園に行く it's simply I go to school in a non temporal way. Anyway if the example he gave was wrong was because it isn't 行ています nor いきています it's 行っています。(itteimasu).

Your last sentence カタで住む it's actually one of those verbs that need に, so it'll be カタールに住んでいる -> First, it wasn't カタ and second, this time we use a continuous time because it's something that you are doing constantly.
                              Last edited by Juas; 04-25-2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X