X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• しりとり (Shiritori) - Word game.

ブサイク

ugleh
    Japanese speakers and learners appreciated! Hongfire Community @ Mixi thread
    Currently we have 7 Hongfirians at Mixi.

しりとり (Shiritori) - Word game.

Hey all! Let's have a game of Shiritori here.

Well for those of you who are new to the game, the rules are simple.

Look at the word written by the person above you (The last kana), then type another word starting with that kana.

れい: さむらい(samurai) → いなか(inaka) → かいだん(kaidan)
    However, the last kana cannot be ん because I've read that no word begins with that.

Since mistakes do happen and someone wrote a word ending with 'n', we'll just ~b00 him and continue from the word before..

For more info go here :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirito...lish_Shiritori

Also, it'd be good if we write the meaning of the word next to it for learning purposes.
    EDIT: If we could add something related, like example sentences or anything at all would be good too IMO.

It'll be fun!

So, let's begin!
    --------------

おかね(okane - money; okanemochi means rich/have lots of money)
    Last edited by xaero; 12-20-2007, 09:00 PM.

Comment

ねこ(neko - cat)

In principio erat Verbum, et Verbum erat Programma, et Programma erat Miku. Et Miku Caro Factum Est, et Habitavit in Nobis.

Comment

こうとうむけい 「荒唐無稽」 (Koutoumukei - absurdity/nonsense)

…新手のスパムスレッドなのか!? (;゜ロ゜)
        Last edited by Adellus; 12-20-2007, 09:07 PM.

あんたたちに聴かせるツンデレなん いないわっ!!

Comment

いいぐさ 「言い草」 (iigusa - remarks, comments)

In principio erat Verbum, et Verbum erat Programma, et Programma erat Miku. Et Miku Caro Factum Est, et Habitavit in Nobis.

Comment

さえずり 「囀り」 (Saezuri - chirp/twitter)

毎朝、いつも可愛い小鳥達の囀りが聞こえています。

I guess we should add a little more extra to our post to prevent this post from becoming spam.
            Last edited by Adellus; 12-20-2007, 09:33 PM.

あんたたちに聴かせるツンデレなん いないわっ!!

Comment

リストラ

( ^ω^)

Comment

ランダム (Random)

Yeah, this thread is becoming more random.. >.>

あんたたちに聴かせるツンデレなん いないわっ!!

Comment

Mukougawa - 向こう側 "むこうがわ” (Other side)

Ownage meter tingling... Adellus will seriously kick ass in this.

Comment

むかし 「昔」 (mukashi - olden days)

Yeah, this is the word that Japanese fairy tales often begin with, sort of like 'Once upon a time' in English. 例えば:昔々、お祖父さんとお祖母さんが幸せに暮らしていました。。。

I propose that we give a bit of explanation and context for the words we choose here, to prevent this from looking like a spam thread. Usage, secondary meanings, trivia, etc.

Comment

しょうさんちったいそ 「硝酸態窒素」 (Nitrate Nitrogen)

明日の君と逢うためにより:
                      明日香 「硝酸態窒素、亜硝酸態窒素は0.8mg、塩化物イオンが4.4mg、有機物は0.3mg、ph値は6.0 だったかな」

ごめん、流石に専門用語はないですね…

The first time I saw this word was when I played Ashita no Kimi to Au Tame ni. At first I was like, wth!?, but after some googling...
                      I found out that Asuka was referring to the mineral content in the wellwater test result (see her line) proving that it's safe to drink.

Terms Used:
                      硝酸態窒素 (Shousan Chittaiso) - Nitrate Nitrogen
                      亜硝酸態窒素 (Ashousan Chittaiso) - Nitrite Nitrogen
                      塩化物イオン (Enkabutsu Ion) - Chloride Ion
                      有機物 (Yuukibutsu) - Organic Matter
                      Last edited by Adellus; 12-20-2007, 10:00 PM.

あんたたちに聴かせるツンデレなん いないわっ!!

Comment

You're simply amazing Adellus...

素麺 - "そうめん" Soumen (Fine White Noodles) I won....yay!! Correction: Boo...I lost...

EDIT ADDED: As for the explanation...I like eating it....

::sigh:: Curse me all you want...

I'll start it again...

下 - した (Shita) - Under, Below (One of my first Japanese words)
                        Last edited by Maverick007; 12-20-2007, 10:11 PM.

Comment

企む - たくらむ (takuramu) To play a trick, to scheme, to conspire

Apparently, in the places I've seen this word it tends to be used to describe nefarious plans, e.g. we have Issei shouting at Rin: 「また何かよからぬことを企んでいるのではあるまいな!」

By the way, if you use a word which ends in 「ん」 doesn't that mean that you lose?
                          Last edited by stormwyrm; 12-20-2007, 10:09 PM. Reason: bit of a note

Comment

むなさわぎ 「胸騒ぎ」 (Munasawagi - A premonition)

何だか嫌な胸騒ぎがして、封筒を開けて中身を確認した

> Mav
                            lol, that's where I learn new Japanese term, from bishoujo games! xD

> stormwyrm
                            In the real shiritori, you lose. But in this thread, we just ignore the poster that posted with -n in their last kana and resume from the word before that person. Or alternatively, that person can add another word, just like Maverick did.
                            Last edited by Adellus; 12-20-2007, 10:17 PM.

あんたたちに聴かせるツンデレなん いないわっ!!

Comment

ぎりのはは 「義理の母」 (giri no haha, one's mother-in-law)

Since I've gotten married I've been looking for words to describe family. Turns out that the word 「義理の」 before any family member word turns it into your in-law, e.g. 義理の姉 means sister-in-law. Easy enough to remember from ぎりぎり, which is a word I use all the time to describe how exams go, and probably a good enough characterization for my relationship with my 義理の〜 relatives too!

Comment

Working...
                              X