X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hongfire Community @ Mixi

Hongfire Community @ Mixi

Does anyone here use Mixi?

Mixi is a Japanese SNS (Social Networking Service), similar to MySpace, but in Japanese. It offers a blogging system, buddy lists, and interest groups like any other SNS. Recently, a thought came to my head: What about a Mixi community for Hongfirians? This could either be just the Japanese Chat section people, or Hongfire in general. But regardless of who we have, it would be a good place for Japanese learners and speakers alike to practice their skills and help each other make progress.

At the time of making this thread, there was only one mention of Hongfire in the whole Mixi site, which has over 10 million members; a link to a flash animation uploaded quite some time ago. Hopefully we can get Hongfirians to register at the site, and create a lively Hongfire community at Mixi. Mixi requires invitation from an existing user to register. Therefore, this thread will function as a place to ask for invitations as well.

The Hongfire community at Mixi should provide the following benefits:

1) A great opportunity for one to learn and use their Japanese. By writing blog entries in Japanese, and commenting on them in Japanese, we can learn more about the language and put new knowledge into use. I think that a blog is a good way to get yourself to write things, which means that you improve your skills in the language. And of course, you get to learn more about each other.

2) A network to find each other easily. Simply registering on Mixi is easy; there are threads on many bulletin board systems sending out invitations to anyone. But that only gives you an account, and nothing else. By joining through an existing user on Hongfire, you have at least one person that you can ask for assistance without hesitation. And after joining the Hongfire community at Mixi, you can easily find the other Hongfirians too.

3) An opportunity to make friends with other Japanese speakers. Mixi has Japanese/Japanese-speaking users from all over the world (although mainly in Japan). There is a good chance a Japanese person you know has an account too. By joining Mixi, you can be more in touch with that person. You can also find other people with similar interests, and become friends with that person.

However, please note that while in Mixi, we can't mention torrents that would be illegal in Japan. However, discussions about torrent files should be done in Hongfire, so it shouldn't happen.

If you have an account already, please tell us!
    If you are interested, just drop your e-mail address in here or send me a PM/Instant Message and I'll send an invitation. Note that you need to be able to read Japanese to get through the registering process. Also, please understand that invitations cannot be sent to someone with a bad reputation or is known to have bad manners. We don't want people to have a bad impression of Hongfire.

Currently we have 6 Hongfirians at Mixi.

We're looking forward to seeing you!
    Last edited by Manjiro; 02-21-2008, 05:38 AM.
    Japanese speakers and learners appreciated! Hongfire Community @ Mixi thread
    Currently we have 7 Hongfirians at Mixi.

いいよ
    I'll Give it a go^。^

Comment

Additional information. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixi
      About 10 million users.

@Oregagundamda, sorry, I'm a little worried about your reputation points and so I'm unsure about sending an invitation.

@xxGAKUTOxx, pm me your e-mail address (can be free account) so I can send you an invitation.

I've only sent one invitation out so far unfortunately
      I was hoping we could get the Japanese-learning members of Hongfire together :/

Thanks for sticky-ing this thread!

Okay, xxGAKUTOxx has an account now, and I have also had one more person interested in joining. Kinda lonely, only 2 hongfire members, so I'd be happy to see more.
      By the way, you can also use MSN messenger and drop me a message with your e-mail address too, if you don't feel like using PMs.

I personally think that writing a blog in Japanese will mean writing more Japanese than usual, and therefore leading to progress in your Japanese skills. You will also be reading other people's blogs, which will be helping you learn reading in Japanese. And with a site like this, the more Hongfirians we can get, the better for all of us.
      Last edited by Manjiro; 02-03-2008, 03:35 AM. Reason: Consecutive postings, posts merged. Please use the "Edit" function to update a post.

Comment

ネウロとかエロゲで登場してたけどMixiって本当に実在するのか!?
        知らなかったなぁ (汗

俺でいいなら参加させてもらうよ。どれだけ参加できるかは別として ^^a
        jason_zng@hotmail.com

jason.zng@gmail.com
        My Sigs (10/12/08)|HF-TypeMoon #006|Proud Haruhist #14|00ber Kona-chan fanboy|Unbelievable 6000th!

Now playing: Nothing~

Comment

Somehow I missed this thread... ^_^
          私のミクシィのプロフィールは: http://mixi.jp/show_friend.pl?id=13871786
          これからよろしくお願いします!

Originally posted by Manjiro View Post
          I personally think that writing a blog in Japanese will mean writing more Japanese than usual, and therefore leading to progress in your Japanese skills. You will also be reading other people's blogs, which will be helping you learn reading in Japanese. And with a site like this, the more Hongfirians we can get, the better for all of us.
          Confirmed. Sped up my Japanese study noticeably. Especially since I prefer to communicate with cute Japanese girls... additional motivation never hurts. *grin*

「EDIT」 Free advice - start learning the "cute writing"... ^_^
          Here's some examples (need to join the community of course): http://mixi.jp/view_bbs.pl?id=243255...75305&page=all
          Last edited by BOFH; 02-19-2008, 06:53 AM.

HF-Loli | HF-Mimikko | HF-Bishoujo Games | HF-Hentai

Comment

@Orisa

Orisaさんキターーーーーーーーー!!!
            ありがとうございます!
            hotmailの方に送っておきました。

@BOFH

Yeah, many people seem to miss it, especially after it was stickied.
            I sent you a MyMiku request.

Comment

I sent you a MyMiku request.
              どうもありがとう m(_ _)m

I'm unable to check it until Thursday, so I'll reply to it later...

Comment

Ok, I got the invitation. Hopefully this can be a great way of keeping up my Japanese since
                I'm not studying it in school anymore for at least another year.

One question, though; the site asks for my full name, will this be visible to anyone looking at
                my profile? I'm just a bit paranoid about giving out personal info to just anybody.

Comment

Choice 1: Use a fake name. Like John Doe, but slightly better.
                  Choice 2: You can later set it (from Profiles menu) to restrict who can see your real name. Everyone, Buddies, Buddies and their Buddies.
                  Choice 3: Enter " " (spaces)

Comment

Choice 2 is reasonable, that's what I did. Remember, it's almost exclusively Japanese audience, and the chances of meeting FBI agents on lookup for perverts out there are pretty slim. ^_^

Comment

Perverts? Did you say perverts?
                      What about the thousands of ロリコン、ショタコン、グロ好き and other otaku out there

Comment

I see, thanks. Maybe I'll just enter my initials.

Comment

Perverts? Did you say perverts?
                          What about the thousands of ロリコン、ショタコン、グロ好き and other otaku out there
                          If you're not a ロリ or ショタ, you have nothing to fear - they'll warmly welcome you to the community. After all, it's Japanese site we're talking about...

Comment

Well, there are non-Otaku out there too, though

Comment

alright, I'm pretty interested, here's my e-mail: blakbunnie27@gmail.com
                              When humans are born, they are destined to die.

Comment

Working...
                              X