Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best accomplishment you've ever done in a video game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best accomplishment you've ever done in a video game?

Dunno if there's already a thread like this... I'll remove it if someone tells me.
    Be it a bug, a joke, or whatever you've done in a game, just post it.
    For me, completing Ninja Gaiden Black on the Master Ninja difficulty is the best I've ever done. I know a lot of people may have done this already but to me, its the best ever.
    For a bug, let's say the scarab gun in Halo 2. What a blast it was...
    夢幻夜想曲
    Thanks to Mistress M for the Sig!

I'm sure everyone who played SRW Alpha 3 remembers chapter 53, the one requiring you to kill 230 enemy units in 7 turns for the skill point.

Here's my greatest achievement, 1387 kills in 7 turns:
    Spoiler
    This is my kills, 1308, before I ended my phase on turn 7. The additional 79 units are killed by Voltes V alone, I reduced its hp to less than 2000 so that all enemies will target it during the enemy phase. Voltes V destroyed 19 squads of small space monsters in groups of 4 and 3 'ship class' space monsters. I chose Voltes to kill those units because the squad lacks pp and also it has full 20 rounds of Gatling Missiles to kill entire squads of small space monsters.

Here's the top 9 kills before I ended the phase:

Yes, your eyes are not fooling you, Sivil killed 284 units, 71 squads of small space monsters to be exact. She achieved this amount of kills by countering every small space monster squad during the enemy phase, with Sivil's low 1850 HP, enemies will always target her. Her 1-8 range ALL attack only costs 5 EN, that's why I chose her to counter attack during the enemy phase. And of course because of her SS size, high agility and bunshin plus Protodevilin ability, she's nearly untouchable.

If I added the 79 kills Voltes V made during the enemy phase, he will have 104 kills, meaning its the 2nd highest scorer for this battle.

Banpreos and the other 8 mechs below, till Wing ZERO achieved their kills with their respective MAP attacks.
    And why did I bother to put in the effort to kill so many? Its all about cash and pp lol. This is the best stage for cash and pp besides the last 2 stages.

EDIT: I could have killed more if I brought more support units with the 50 sp recovery seishin and also if I didn't sell the SP recovery items(OVA no Crotchet and such) for cash lol
    Last edited by C.A.; 08-19-2006, 01:13 PM.
    My Gallery of Haruhiism (updated on September 8th 2006)

Latest pics: Haruhi + Top wo Nerae! + Death Note

Comment

Nice picture of your achievement.
      If you guys and gals have pictures of your glorious moment why not post them for everyone to share?
      I'll have to go get mine too...
      夢幻夜想曲

Comment

Greatest accomplishment. huh?
        Brings back some memories that...

My uncle had gotten his hands on one of those old pong-machines, and I and a friend found out on a slow summerday that we could play against each other.
        Of course, it was a real slow day, so we said that the winner would be the one who first got 100 points (of course we had to write this down, since the machine doesnt count that high).
        In the end, we got even farther than 100 points, as we started betting and raising our bets as long as rematch was an option... started about 50-60 points.
        Anyhow, when we found out that we had wasted a day, and that we after all this training would be superior to the regular gamer, we rounded 168-142.
        I lost, and that costed me aprox. 18 dollars... but actually playing over 300 rounds of pong with only a break for toilet, food, and drinks, (and my friend calling his girlfriend and coming up with lies why he hasnt shown himself the whole day)... its some kind of accomplishment.
        ...I can still hear the sounds, the horrible sounds of "dit-dit-dit-dit" from the machine.
        Last edited by Yoshihire; 08-20-2006, 06:06 AM.

Comment

- All stats to 255 (max) for every single character in FF7
          - Completing minesweeper (beginner : 7 seconds), (intermediate : 54 seconds) (lol)
          - Tetris to level 24, Jewels to level 31
          - 1 coin to beat arcade Raiden I/II twice
          [ HF-Key #113 | Number nine of an ultra secret organization ]
          Seeding : D.C. Soundtrack
          Tired of sony's bullshit?

Comment

Hardcoreness.
            Maybe I should rename this thread to when is your most hardcore moment.
            Haha... Good stuff people. Keep them coming.
            夢幻夜想曲

Comment

Greatest gaming accomplishment...probably not much but I was able to beat the arcade Magic Sword (starting from any floor) on one credit. There's a real sense of accomplishment when one goes through the entire game from the ground level up.
              Currently reading: Kumodesuga Nanika?
              Watching: Naitsuma

Comment

Mastering all job classes and skills with 8 (it might've been more) characters in FFT.
                That took me forever. I would've gotten all the treasures too but I messed up a bit in completing the quests, so I can't get it heh.

Beating tetris on the gameboy. I forgot how many levels they gave me, but I went through them all.

Playing through Kartia attempting to get every single character tile.
                Just completing each level without letting anyone die is a pain in the ass and a victory in itself. Still working on the game, but it's probably one of the hardest Strategy RPGs I've played heh.

Finding 7 whisper cards in Geffen Tower in Ragnarok Online. Damn toilet paper.
                Last edited by ZuruZuru; 08-19-2006, 07:51 PM.
                Remember you are mortal, Remember you will die, Remember your death.

Comment

Getting to level 9999 with 4 characters in Disgaea, all with an asswhipping amount of levels in the pool. Laharl had the most by far. Bhaal was like a snowball in hell.

Comment

Killed off the entire presidential motorcade in JFK Reloaded using a modded "no recoil/reload" rifle.
                    When reading my posts, please imagine hearing them in Norio Wakamoto's Kaneto Shiozawa's voice.

Comment

People mentioned Ninja Gaiden at the beginning of the thread....

Try beating Shinobi without taking any damage AND S-Ranking every level, to include boss missions.

On a related note, my left thumb is a mite sore.

And S-Ranking Sambone Master on Gitaroo Man is something to be proud of. Try that, too, while you're at it.
                      ~The Original Suntoucher~

Comment

OMG. Gitaroo Man....
                        I seen my friend play it and it was.... Freaking creative.
                        But freaking hard at the same time too. Wow.
                        Congrats on completing such a tough game. Whoa.

EDIT
                        Whoa... A master sharpshooter King Peter is...
                        I could have saved a lot of money this way...
                        Last edited by reiroy; 08-21-2006, 03:15 PM.
                        夢幻夜想曲

Comment

Hehe...
                          Its quite ironic that even though I play allot of video games I suck at them.
                          It takes me more time than an average person to master em. But what I can proudly say is that I managed to beat arcade mode in SoulCalibur 2 with Talim on the hardest level without dying.
                          Another thing is that I managed to beat 100 % in God of war without using a strategy guide or a Faq, except for finding the second easter egg.
                          Not much but its something. Atleast
                          @ RHCP in stockholm Bihatches! WOOO!

Comment

Edit: Full comic goodness!
                            Last edited by Kerii; 08-22-2006, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I don't know much about pokemon, but that has a certain feeling of pathetic-ness over it.
                              I mean, a pokemon with 1 hp uses a move that's called "FALSE SWIPE" on a fish pokemon no one really wants.. Then you capture it.
                              Is this sarcasm? Because I'm not really sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Denamic
                                I don't know much about pokemon, but that has a certain feeling of pathetic-ness over it.
                                I mean, a pokemon with 1 hp uses a move that's called "FALSE SWIPE" on a fish pokemon no one really wants.. Then you capture it.
                                Is this sarcasm? Because I'm not really sure.
                                There's no saracasm, because he just caught the rarest wild pokemon in the entire Pokemon series, Feebas, not including Legendaries and Nintendo event Pokemon.

Shedinja has only 1 HP, because its ability renders it invincible against all attacks except for its weaknesses(Fire, Rock and something else I forget for the moment) and status effects. Other than that it isn't anything spectacular, good for when you're on a Pokemon hunt.

The move False Swipe does damage like normal attacks, but what's good about it is that it leaves the opponent with 1 HP, it never kills the opponent. This is great for catching pokemon, they are at their weakest.
                                My Gallery of Haruhiism (updated on September 8th 2006)

Latest pics: Haruhi + Top wo Nerae! + Death Note

Comment

Working...
                                X