X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rushed Vs Prolonged: The Game Development Dillemna

tl;dr
    Spoiler
    I've joined a couple gaming forums and I've noticed a common theme in regards to the development of a game. It's either a rushed product or its Prolonged. The issue has come to my attention when the online passes were announced. Used game junkies claim that they'll never buy a full priced game because the game doesn't meet up to their standards (Which I find hilarious, because most of the time, they never even played the game prior to purchasing it used.). In other words, the game is rushed. FFXIII is an example of a rushed game (Or at least that's what many of the people who played it claims). Now, I'll admit that some of their points are valid, but then I come across gamers who complain about prolonged gaming development.

Games that take longer than expected to release usually ends up being over hyped. I guess its implied that if the development is taking more than 5 years, then the game is going to be perfect. If the game gets released and its not perfect, then its automatically a flop. This happened to Duke Nukem Forever, and I have a feeling its gonna happen again to FFXIII Versus.

---------------------------------------------

Which do you prefer: A "rushed" game, or a "prolonged" game?

I prefer prolonged games over rushed since there's a real chance the game will become a classic once released. I don't buy a lot of games (when i do, I make sure I buy new), instead I wait for the games I truly want to play. I'm patient enough to wait years for a game to be released (Just so long as its in my lifetime, lol). I think DNF is an exception since gearbox was working with an outdated script from an old company. I'll worry about FFXIII Versus when the company developing it changes.
    "We are the center of the Universe"

Rushed: Final Fantasy saga

Prolonged: Duke Nukem forever

go figure

“As if you were on fire from within. The moon lives in the lining of your skin."
    - Pablo Neruda

Comment

Working...
    X