Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old timers, what was your most nostalgic game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old timers, what was your most nostalgic game?

What game is it you miss the most from the old era? That being the Super NES and back to the NES.
    If none of the above, I will have to accept the N64 as retro.

For me, it has to be Ice Climbers on the NES, how I used to play that all the time in the 90s.
    And Donkey Kong Country and Zelda on the SNES. Geesh those took up hours and hours

Donkey Kong Country, definitely.
    That game is the main reason I still have the console around.
    "Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, `if you only walk long enough." - The Cheshire Cat

"All around the Sta-actus plant, the stalker chased the bandit, the stalker thought 'twas all in fun - POP! Goes the bandit!" - Tiny Tina

Comment

Super Mario World on SNES. That was the game that made me love videogames, like the big bang from my gaming life. I still remember how some friends met and another friend's house and play Super Mario World for hours during our summer holidays.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_293080_1467446443955_602[/ATTACH]

Comment

Definitely Super Metroid on the SNES, but Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2 were awesome too. I can't remember how many countless times I finished those games. Any song or anytime I watch a speedrun it just makes me feel amazing! If we're counting NES, then TMNT was sooooo frustrating as a kid but I loved the game's music and style. xD

Can we include the original Gameboy(1989)? I had a lot of fun with Tetris, Metroid 2, and Super Mario Land 1-3.

Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodmageR View Post
          Definitely Super Metroid on the SNES, but Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2 were awesome too. I can't remember how many countless times I finished those games. Any song or anytime I watch a speedrun it just makes me feel amazing! If we're counting NES, then TMNT was sooooo frustrating as a kid but I loved the game's music and style. xD

Can we include the original Gameboy(1989)? I had a lot of fun with Tetris, Metroid 2, and Super Mario Land 1-3.
          I don't see why not.
          Gameboy is Nintendo product too. Personally I even consider the color a retro machine.

Comment

Contra for the NES and F-Zero for the SNES. Great games though, but Contra is a tough game I played. Cheap deaths like crazy.
            sigpic
            The guns and crank in this area go through Trevor Philips Enterprises, or they ain't going!

Comment

Such wonderful games!

I remember some games like Mario bros on Nes, bubble bobble, or Duck hunt, I think there was the first games that kept me well into the videogame's world (though I started with Atari but it was too much basic).

But maybe games that mostly kept me next to the Tv was Super mario allstars, Street fighter 2 (oh my gosh, family tournaments!), Mario kart. Zelda, DK country... oh wait, Joe and Mac, I remember playin with my sisters all day with that one, FFs, Mystic quest...

I also remember the Megadrive which I use to play with my aunt, games like Sonic, Phantasy star, Street of rage, and a terror/survival game that I don't remember the name, made with real videos (the story take place on a big house where you had to protect people and set traps for some aliens or monsters that wanted to kill them).

I can't really decide which one is the most nostalgic for me, though Zelda could be the one, 'cause I remember when I was a litlle kid, the perdiod I lived in France, in break school I used to "rol" Link/zelda of legend of zelda with a "girlfriend" (used to say my parents) named Laura (or was it Estelle? I think there was 2 princess, but I was "in love" with the blonde one) until we grow up... A stuff that kept us together like 6 or 7 years until she moved from another place.
              Last edited by Yuann; 02-06-2014, 10:04 AM.
              -Creative Blog 3DCG (Spainish and English atm): http://creativerpg.blogspot.com.es/

Comment

NES era - super mario bros. 3
                N64 era - Ocarina of Time
                BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER

Comment

My most nostalgic game is defiantly Pokémon Blue version. I played other games throughout my childhood, but the first system I owned myself was the Gameboy and my parents got Pokémon Blue to go with it. I played it for hours on end and remember it fondly. I like to think it's what kindled my love for RPGs today, I even still have my original copy from my childhood.

Comment

Definatelly Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2 and Donkey Kong Country 3 and one Indiana Jones game on the SNS.

I love to play the new DKC Tropical Freeze. But I don't have a Wii U.

Comment

The game that makes me the most nostalgic is Super Mario World

Comment

I think it's SUPER METROID for me...
                        I remember my old days! Tried to beat the game under 90 minutes - and I di do that! 1:24 - 100% run [50Hz... not 60Hz]

Remember the old days where I master the Walljump and got the "Power Bombs" gefore getting the "Super Missiles and Ice Beam"... man these old agems...
                        Most quality Hentai place

Click on the image to being directed to LeonX' Hidden Treasury
                        (Got the permission from 2 admins to share the link in my sig!)

Comment

Final Fantasy 3(6), I spent a lot of time on that game. I recently completed the game again via the anthology version, But that version has load times issues. I also brought the Virtual console release on the wii, such good times.

Comment

Golden sun for gameboy advanced and Yoshi's island for 64

Comment

Super Mario Bros, the first game I ever played on a console that was not an atari.

Comment

Working...
                              X