Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCSX2 (PS2 Emulator for Windows & Linux)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCSX2 (PS2 Emulator for Windows & Linux)

News
    Latest SVN Revision 4776
    SPU2-X: Forgot to bump the savestate version.
    PCSX2 (To download. Just click the picture, it open a download link.)
    Latest Revision 4776 (New GUI)

PCSX2 Legacy rev 2186 with latest plugins (rev 3663) (Old GUI)

PCSX2 Playground rev 710 with latest plugins (rev 3663)

Note: Bios problem? Get it here
    Plugins problem? Get the latest version of Direct X. Get it here. (Jun, 2010)
    Runtime Error problem? Get the latest version of Visual C++ Redistributable Package. Get it here.

System Requirements
    Minimum

* Windows/Linux OS
    * CPU that supports SSE2 (Pentium 4 and up, Athlon64 and up)
    * GPU that supports Pixel Shaders 2.0
    * 512mb RAM

Recommended

* Windows Vista 32bit/64bit
    * CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz or better
    * GPU: 8600gt or better
    * 1gb RAM (2gb if on Vista)

Note: pcsx2 only takes advantage of 2 cores so far; so a quad-core processor will not help with speed.
    Screenshot:

Looking for Dolphin emu (Wii/Gamecube Emulator for Windows). Go here.

Looking for JPCSP (PSP Emulator for Windows). Go here.
    Last edited by Keitaro Urashima; 06-30-2011, 06:14 AM. Reason: update only.

Senran Kagura: Shoujotachi no Shinei
    News (09-21-2009): Yoshito Usui, author of the famous manga Crayon Shin-chan, has been found dead on mount Arafune.

used it already. you may wanna wait until they get all the bugs out. I had to keep on switching video drivers for the damn thing.

Comment

Hmm, is there some sort of "Minimum Requirements" for this PS2 emulator? For curiousity's sake.

Comment

From what I've gathered, a minimum of 2GHz, 512 RAM and a video card that has a shader at least 1.1

Even with these, It's impossible to run a game with a smooth frame rate.

Comment

It depends on what you want to play. At this point, very few 3D games run at playable framerates (and those that do require extremely beefy computers). You'd probably have better luck running something that is completely 2D though.

Comment

I'll stick to my PS2 (my live one).
            =]
            Cool find though.
            ..Justice is Dead..
            C.Watching:Bambino!, Proposal Daisakusen, Hanayome to Papa, Death Note, Claymore,
            C.Playing:Phantom Brave, FFXII, Grand Turismo 4
            External link removed.

Comment

oh well ....
              still need to wait untill it truly work!!!

Comment

I remember back in the day Apple danced with Sony about adding PS2 emulation to the Mac (back when Bleem existed). I'm not really fussed about Windows support (plenty of games for that) but this emulator looks pretty damn good. Theis site lists in detail the many fixes they've made, and this new version is alot better than the previous. What a boon for Linux freaks!

Thanks for the links Keitaro

#edit#
                oops, yes you're right Redempteur. I was thinking PS1 but typing PS2
                Last edited by Dibbley2; 05-05-2007, 12:48 AM.

Comment

wasn't that only with psone games...???
                  REDEMPTEUR
                  HF-HENTAI & HF-LOLI MEMBER
                  Guu Fan all the way ..

Comment

somewhat making 3d programing in windows its easier because of the directx, but some programers do prefer the old opengl because is the one they are used to
                    i use

Comment

Originally posted by alex1041990
                      They better make a new one for Windows cause the one I am using right now is not fast enough and it just skips in sounds and screens where they both dont match
                      If you read the PCSX2 page...

WINDOWS USERS:- I have some bad news for you, there will be no 0.9.3 for windows, BUT Before you go crying to mummy that weve been picking on you, you will see 0.9.4 very soon, we have some 64bit bugs in windows to sort out, along with some excellent fixes for games such as Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas so it will be worth the wait.

Comment

Is there a specific date for PSX2 to be bug free? Oh yeah you still have to download some components for this emulator right??? or is this the full package?

Comment

Sorry, no released date. Full Package.

Senran Kagura: Shoujotachi no Shinei
                          News (09-21-2009): Yoshito Usui, author of the famous manga Crayon Shin-chan, has been found dead on mount Arafune.

Comment

Get a life, get a job, and get a ps2. They are impossibly cheap these days.

The emulator will take some time to perfect, and until that day stick with your ps2's or pc versions of those games.

Comment

Yep....it's dirt cheap for a brand new ps2...imagine second hands...

And for th development of this emulator, you'll probably have to wait for another year or so until they remove most of the bugs (and commercial games become relatively playable). Not worth downloading it and trying to play commercial games on it now...unless you're a tester or contributing to the project in some way...
                              HF-Hentai Club, (Unofficial)HF-Studio Ghibli

Comment

Working...
                              X