The influence of the Western toilet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The influence of the Western toilet.

So as the title says, I am curious just how far Western toilets have spread into Japan and Asia.

I'm curious because I have seen many animes lately that have Western style toilets in most of the homes. So please if you are actually from Japan or Asia, what type of toilet do you have in your home. Also do you still sleep on a futon or do you have a Western bed as well?
    “If Apple made a car would it have windows?"

i have yet to see a home that does not have a western style toilet.
    however, most public places like train stations, malls and restaurants have a mix of western and japanese style toilets reportedly in both mens and womens bathrooms. Even when i went to a small village where the youngest permanent resident was 80 years old, the (only) restaurant in the valley, which had 4 tables, had one of each styles. though my university didn't have any japanese style toilets.
    <Haruhi-ism #17> <Type-Moon #144>

Comment

I think I would have to say the "state of the art" in Japan far surpasses the toilets in the US...

Spoiler

Comment

^that just about figures
        Common Sense Absent

Comment

i dream of a day every home will have a hongfire type toilet
          the only toilet that has both a desu level over 9000 and the ability to create AND flush it's own shit

Comment

it is true that most of the "western style" toilets have features like bidet, spray, drying, deodorizing, auto seat warming, auto lid closing. and none of those are exactly new features. some public ones even have that water sound cause girls don't want you to hear them pee and some even have alarm systems (one of my classmates thought it was the flush button XD)
            <Haruhi-ism #17> <Type-Moon #144>

Comment

Originally posted by TannhauserGate View Post
              I think I would have to say the "state of the art" in Japan far surpasses the toilets in the US...

Spoiler

This^

And a hole in the ground that flushes is preferable to having your ass touch some other guy's ass.

God forbid the seat is still warm.

Always time it so you don't have to resort to using these Euro-American style "ass-to-ass" toilets in public facilities.

Sympathy for U.S. professional truckers in that regard.

Japanese sci-fi toilets are clearly the best, although some provide a little too much "service". E.g. Warm jet of water up the poopshot, quasi-enema style.

In the Chinese, Japanese, and Korean homes I've been in without a sitting toilet, they had an "adapter", a metal support frame with a toilet-seat attached that can be moved if needed, for people who are handicapped, too fat, too unbalanced, etc. to squat.

Interestingly, most American toilets are made by "American Standard", a Shanghai based Chinese manufacturing firm.

As for beds, solid surfaces are the best for one's back, save for a few rare back maladies that demand soft accomodations. The more financially well off a family is, the more likely they are to have exaggerated mattresses and covers.

Reasonably priced memory foam and inflatable designs are the rage nowadays in East Asia.
              Last edited by KuriosAkantha; 12-13-2009, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TannhauserGate View Post
                I really like their control panels... gives an impression that it also has a built-in jet, a couple of machine guns, and ejection system.

Last edited by BOFH; 12-13-2009, 07:47 PM.

HF-Loli | HF-Mimikko | HF-Bishoujo Games | HF-Hentai

Comment

it'd be a great idea to replace the spray built in the toilets with a fire hose.

Comment

Originally posted by BOFH View Post
                    I really like their control panels...

button 1. on/off
                    button 2. light ass raping
                    button 3. medium ass raping
                    button 4. impregnation
                    button 5. heavy enema

Comment

Originally posted by pyrofrenzy View Post
                      it'd be a great idea to replace the spray built in the toilets with a fire hose.
                      Maybe, if you're a desperate housewife or a bugger...

Comment

I have one of those bidet things. It's like an addon for the toilet. Mine doesn't have music, but it makes beeping noises.

Comment

Originally posted by ProcessedCheese View Post
                          I have one of those bidet things. It's like an addon for the toilet. Mine doesn't have music, but it makes beeping noises.
                          ====

A bidet is a low-mounted plumbing fixture or type of sink intended for washing the genitalia, inner buttocks, and anus. Originally a French word, in English bidet is pronounced /bɪˈdei/ (US) or /ˈbiːdeɪ/ (UK).

====

Doesn't it sound delightful?

Comment

Originally posted by robobunghole View Post

button 1. on/off
                            button 2. light ass raping
                            button 3. medium ass raping
                            button 4. impregnation
                            button 5. heavy enema

What are the smaller buttons?
                            Last edited by invissense; 12-13-2009, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KuriosAkantha View Post
                              ====

A bidet is a low-mounted plumbing fixture or type of sink intended for washing the genitalia, inner buttocks, and anus. Originally a French word, in English bidet is pronounced /bɪˈdei/ (US) or /ˈbiːdeɪ/ (UK).

====

Doesn't it sound delightful?
                              That's not a drinking fountain?
                              Originally posted by Suika Ibuki View Post

What are the smaller buttons?
                              Well they have 'pluses' and 'minuses'- I suppose different 'intensity' levels...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X