Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony's coming to vandalize your neighborhood!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony's coming to vandalize your neighborhood!

http://www.gothamist.com/archives/20...onist_corp.php

Seriously, WTF?

At least the decals used by other companies are removable.

Some friends of mine took time out of their weekends when they were in high school to help clean up and paint over neighborhood grafitti like this and these bastards think they can just use it for advertising?

Not surprising from the company who was found to be hiding trojans in music CDs. Sony and BMI are being sued for that, one more reason not to buy CDs because apparantly placing one in a CD-ROM is ilicit.

NYC already has enough ads, the city is a nasty ad whore. But why should Sony care about a mere city ordinance? They are a large corporation with many divisons in North America and even have international ties. I am sure glad Austin isn't like that, be even better when my school kicks USC's ass in the Rose Bowl.
    Last edited by Krozar; 12-04-2005, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Well.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................... Let's go pirating let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's go pirating let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With a display like that I hate sony even more.

Faust
      You abortion of filth and hell-fire

Best line ever.

Comment

at least the PSP's are used in a nice way.

Comment

Somehow not surprising at all. I wouldn't even flinch if MS started a war against some country cos they changed their general OS from Windows to Linux. Money is the real power in todays world no matter how you look at it.
          "You always find your true path on the far side of suffering"

Comment

And I thought graffiti was bad...

The government should fine Sony millions of dollars for public property damages and private property damages.

Comment

Another reason why I like Nintendo more and Sony less >_>
              My Sigs (10/12/08)|HF-TypeMoon #006|Proud Haruhist #14|00ber Kona-chan fanboy|Unbelievable 6000th!

Now playing: Nothing~

Comment

How did they find out that these artists were hired by Sony?

Comment

Then am I blind?

Comment

Nope, but I'd like to ask the same thing to those who are immediately accusing Sony without further proof on the matter.

Comment

Good idea. I sent the guy an email just now.

Comment

Originally posted by jinjin
                        If you want to challege it. Then one place to start is with columnist Jake Dobkin who wrote the article blaming Sony for the grafffiti. Who or Where is his reliable source of information? A penniless street bum who will say anything for a price?

If you two want to challenge it... apparently go around the internet and look this issue up... its quite widespread through out parts of the US.

Comment

The government should fine Sony millions of dollars for public property damages and private property damages.
                          A fedral judge ordered Microsoft to split several years ago... ever happen? Nope, they can walk over anyone including the feds.

Comment

Pfft. Bill Gates is richer than the queen. Nothing a little moolah can't handle.
                            My Sigs (10/12/08)|HF-TypeMoon #006|Proud Haruhist #14|00ber Kona-chan fanboy|Unbelievable 6000th!

Now playing: Nothing~

Comment

Originally posted by Skizzem
                              How did they find out that these artists were hired by Sony?
                              1. Because signing the "art" with their company name would make it "too obvious".

2. Because the designs are the same everywhere and is plastered all over the city.

3. Because it's been found in Philadelphia, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York.

So let me ask: Who else but Sony?

Philly: http://www.woostercollective.com/200...you-think.html
                              LA: http://www.popgadget.net/2005/11/sony_psp_corpor.php
                              San Francisco: http://www.secondaryscreening.net/st.../11/index.html
                              Chicago: http://chicago.metblogs.com/archives...ny_stree.phtml
                              Last edited by Kerii; 12-05-2005, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X