Controlled Dreams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlled Dreams

I only remember a few dreams from my whole life. The ones I do remember consistr of wierd things but go back a long time.
    I remember one dream i had when i was around 4 years old and its stuck in my memory forever. I was walking in a dull grey parking lot with my mother holding my hand.
    The parking lot is the only thing for miles and its surrounded by short green grass. In the top right corner of this unusually small lot there is a slender but tall castle. By the front door which is there but blurred and not really visible to me, there is a clown standing and waving at me. There is also a clown hanging out of a window high up and waving at me. The clowns in this castle are all friendly and not scary looking. I remember walking through the castle and feels alot like a hospital but has a single bowling alley in the center. I just walk by the clown by the ball rack and he stares at me.
    This i believ was my first " controlled dream" as i like to call it although i didnt know it at the time. I havent researched this online yet but im going to post this topic here first.
    "Lucid Dreams" are dream in which you become at least somewhat aware of the fact that you are dreaming.
    I used to have a repeating controlled dream in which i was all alone in my house and it was a rainy day. Im just in my house and im standing there. When i became aware of the fact that i was dreaming i had fun by running through my house in my dream knowing that i was dreaming. My house was completely the same in the dream down to detail. I didnt remember this dream until i started writing this either. I was four or five years old at this time. Lately i have been very depressed and have had a hard time sleeping but from that i have become increasingly better at being aware in my dreams and enjoying them to there full extent. It began one night when i was dreaming and i justed became aware of myself and I thought to myself if this is a dream i can do anything??? Well you can. I began to run and jump and fly through the air. In these dreams when i am aware i can feel the wind blowing on me and hear music. Now ive not become fully in control because the dream feels like a dream still but i remember it perfectly when i wake up. I've ran on all fours like a cheetah in these kind of dreams and on many occasions done wierd focusing of energy into my palms and fought people like in Anime shows.
    So before i go to sleep i try to concentrate on something i want dream about and when you enter the hlaf asleep state you can open and and close yours eyes and see whats happening around you in the real world and close them to return to a dream.
    Recently i was all stressed out and i wanting to get peacful and calm so i closed my eyes and completely concentrated on a single thing and tried to visualize it and when i start toi fall asleep i am still aware of my concentration so i move freely through an environment i create. I Made a small castle in my mind. It had Many windows and yellow light like at a setting sun was shooting through. I kept going innto rooms and up spiral staircases and then i opened my eyes and looked around my friends basement and closed them and went back to the castle. It gave a full centered,blissful,Peaceful feeling. It was the first time i felt happy in a long time. Ive expiremented a few times with other stuff too. I have concentrated on a song and heard it in its entirety complete to detail. Ive even played the video game Jak 2 in my dream and i was actually controlling it. My friend asked me a strange question the other day. He asked me if i could play out songs in my head or if i can talk in my mind using his voice ... I thought about it for a minute....and tried it...and i could.... And he asked me if i knew how that worked. I responded that i didnt but it has stuck with me for a few weeks now.
    I now believe that everthing ive ever heard or thought can be reached through my dreams and im going to slowly try to develop an ability to recall things through my dreams and take full control of my mind when im sleeping. Maybe that is what hypnosis is....so this is kinda like self-hypnosis.
    I Know this is long and probably stupid to read but please i want know if any other people have tried this and if so..have you acheved a higher understanding of control over your dreams?
    Last edited by fatherofmako; 04-10-2006, 02:54 AM.
    Pfffft.....my girlfriend loves hentai...your all jealous now arent ya......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream
    Sticks and stones may break my bones,
    but words will never hurt me.

Don't even try

Comment

And now i feel retarted but oh well......

Comment

Well it appears that the more you age, the less control you have over your dreams. When I was a kid I could do whatever the hell I wanted in my dreams, and could manipulate everything at my own will, even the passing of time (in my dream). I remember only once in my lifetime that in my dream I wished for it to last forever, and I could've sworn I was living that fantasy life for so long that I forgot about reality. It seemed as if an entire day, that's right AN ENTIRE DAY passed in my dream before I woke up, I must've slept like 7 hours but I still had one of the longest dreams in my life.

Whereas now people tend to sleep more and dream less. Maybe in the future scientists will create devices to control dreams, that would be nice.
        -Read over 50 mangas, and hope to read 50 more!
        -Currently coursing through lawschool
        -lvl 5 lawyer LEVEL UP!

Comment

Interesting...

I haven't ever fully been in control of my dreams to tell the truth, but I've noticed that I have more control over my dreams in times when i've been under prolonged periods of emotional stress. I find myself sleeping through a lot more of my dreams and having less control the more cush my life is.

Reoccuring dreams are usually a sign that you're in a state of deep sleep where you won't be woken up by conventional means (the dreams usually have to scare you out of the sleep), so it's common to have them when you're younger and sleep harder.

The methods of self hypnotism are pretty interesting though. I think i'll look into it a little bit further and perhaps experiment a little in my free time.

Comment

Thx for that link im going to try to get some of those books but this confirmed alot of the stuff ive been thinking about. Sleep paralysis is scary as all hel..you geta all paranoid and you cant breathe right...at least i cant it sucks cause i always thin something bad has happened when nothing bad has happened. One that i commonly have is ill be in my room laying there with my eyes opened looking at my room but in my head i have this belief that im counting stuff in my room when im really not.Then i lose focus and everything in my room splits into billions of little pieces and if imj going to get out of my room i have to count them all. That is the worst feeling in the world. For some reason i always had this kinda dream when my mom would watch the movie "Copycat". I think it had sigourney weaver in it....i dunno ive never watched the movie because of the sinking feeling i get just from thinking about it now. I havent slept in 2 days now so hopefully ill be getting some goo testing on all of this soon. Im not too tired right now but soon. i will be.

Comment

I hardly ever even remember my dreams, but some time ago, I dreamt that I was fighting a bloodred snake, at the bank of a river. What's wrong with me
              Greetz
              Soliber

Comment

The real question is. Can you wake up after a dream and continue it later?

I have been able to control dreams to a point. I don't like to take too much control then there is no suprise or challenge. I love to dream though, so when I wake from it, I get some water and go back to sleep to continue that same dream. This will happen 3+ times throughout a night
                "What you do in life, echo's in eternity." - Russel Crowe(Maximus Decimus Meridius)

Comment

I always wondered how I controlled dreams. There was this point on time where I just...controlled...a dream like once every two weeks. That was a year or so ago...can't seem to do it now. I tried all kinds of things like overexausting (is that even a word) myself. Not working

Comment

Hmm, I've never been in control of dreams, I tried though.
                    Because I'm always aware of the dream. I can wake up at any point I want when I'm dreaming.
                    But every time I tried to control my dreams, I woke up...

Comment

hmm its good that you guys have Lucid dreams...I cant control them although i know I Am dreaming...now only if I have a BGSi which I can control...hehhe..now I will spend my time hapilly in a comatose...
                      ~ HF Hentai Member #285~

If I have a dollar for everytime you say "yo" id be filthy rich...

Comment

Originally posted by BlowjobFandango
                        Maybe in the future scientists will create devices to control dreams, that would be nice.
                        http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...eaming+machine
                        sigpic
                        Nutaku Account: Silvraph ID: 681271

Comment

hehe that one yeah....like i said, mind is a terrible thing to waste...
                          ~ HF Hentai Member #285~

Comment

Originally posted by Unit1Evangelion
                            The real question is. Can you wake up after a dream and continue it later?
                            yeah that happened to me a couple of times. Once for example I was having this weird dream where I was whipping a lion with toilet paper (?) and then I woke up because of a small quake; after 3 minutes it stopped and I resumed my friekish dream...
                            -Read over 50 mangas, and hope to read 50 more!
                            -Currently coursing through lawschool
                            -lvl 5 lawyer LEVEL UP!

Comment

heh..I envy you guys...most of ny dreams(if there are any right now)are one shot ****ed up affairs where Mickey Mouse would gladly reside in...how do you guys do that?
                              ~ HF Hentai Member #285~

Comment

Working...
                              X