2006 A year of tragedy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 A year of tragedy?

These days I only read bad things happenings arround the world in the newspaper. I wonder whether God is trying to remind humans that the world has sinned too much...Reaching end of the world??? what you guys think?

and a couple people finally realized that global warming is bad and we should stop it........
    at least there are people trying to prevent bad things from happening..
    but i agree with u carlanox....
    North Korea gone wack...
    India starting to go wack.....
    war is still not ending.....more like getting worse.....
    2 plane crashes in a single day.......
    gas prices rising.......
    and im just rambling on.......^^;;

Comment

Technology geting more expensive too T_T and our greed going bigger even at cost of some poor people one day lol.

Comment

.....how long can we be with oil.......
        ill give it 3 years and we'll run out of it

Comment

Originally posted by carlanox
          These days I only read bad things happenings arround the world in the newspaper. I wonder whether God is trying to remind humans that the world has sinned too much...Reaching end of the world??? what you guys think?
          Only noticed it now? Things has been happening nonstop since the turn of the millenium. It's pretty obvious "something" has started...

Pretty much time for humans to get off the stage...this is the Deux ex Machina "something" has laid down onto us.
          Last edited by Kazune; 07-17-2006, 09:19 AM.

Comment

In 3 years we won't run out of it, but the price will be too high for us to use. That's why people are looking for other ways to get energy. I don't really care for this, because I believe when we run out of oil, there will be another solution.
            What I care about is global warming. Seriously I don't think that just stopping gas emition will help... I mean, the damage is already done. We have to find a way to stop and fix what we already did.
            But who knows... Maybe one of these days some crazy dictator decides to nuke Brazil, and I'll die before all these things happen. South America has a lot of them.

Comment

meh...........
              China and Japan are trying to get Korea to be their land......
              god what is North Korea doing.....
              quit aiming at the US.....
              go on and help your country.........
              lolz i dont mean this seriously or maybe i do.......
              plz dont get offended ^^;;

Comment

Originally posted by carlanox
                Or maybe hes trying to make us feel even worse about ourselves and oppress us some more

You christians really need to open your eyes to the real cause of the suffering and stop blaming it on our sins. Your helping no one but your own corporate religion

I think there is three things that our causing problems and that is Islam Christianity and Judeism. If these religions would stop fighting for dominance because they all believe their religions are the ultimate path there would be less suffering

Corperate Christianity and Islam are the culprits behind the war with Judeism not far behind
                Last edited by serpent of the abiss; 07-17-2006, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Heh, ahh, fools predicting "the end of the world".

Truth is that ever since 2000, crime globally has been at an all-time low.

Thanks to media we know what's happening around the world, that's why people think these are "dark days for the world" and other lame crap they can think of.
                  For example, fools trying to predict the end of the world reading a book.

You used to never hear about gang rapes, and now you keep hearing them. It's because back then no one was reading about it.
                  Last edited by Thyran; 07-17-2006, 10:06 AM.

Comment

People have been predicting the end of the world for a long time, and tragedies are nothing new. Think about the Black Plague in Europe during the so-called "Dark Ages." That wiped out a third of the population on the entire continent! Sure, a lot of bad things have been happening recently, and for the most part we probably only have ourselves to blame. But instead of saying "the end is coming," let's try to fix the problems we've created before it really IS too late!

Comment

I wonder how that fantasy about God became so big >_> no offense is meant here ,just an opinion.

Comment

The world has been on the brink of apocalypse ever since revelations was written.

It's always been ZOMG!!11! ROMANS!! Y1k!!111! MONGOLS!! T3h BLaCK DEATH!!11 NAPOLEON!!11 HITLER!11!11 COMMIES! Y2K!!!111! etc. etc.

It's been worse, it'll get worse, but it'll also get better, and in 500 years, people will hardly remember all the terrible goings-on that we attributed as harbingers of the apocalypse. No, they'll be too pre-occupied with the impending doom that will be caused by fatal abberations in their quanto-bio-nano-links with the core mind. And around we go.

Comment

meh i think its all about human greed so who knows what can be the future.

Comment

Israel will have something to remember this year.

My Requests.
                            http://hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54817
                            http://hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55070

Comment

Originally posted by Fayt42
                              meh...........
                              China and Japan are trying to get Korea to be their land......
                              god what is North Korea doing.....
                              quit aiming at the US.....

go on and help your country.........
                              lolz i dont mean this seriously or maybe i do.......
                              plz dont get offended ^^;;
                              Korea is laughable. Time had a wonderful carciature after Kim Jog Il attempted to fire a multi-staged rocket that had a whole bunch of peasants throwing the missle just over the coast saying, "We could throw it farther, great leader, if you fed us!" Korea being able to launch a missle that gets past their own borders is ridiculous.

As for this year being a tragedy, I find it more of a comedy, a horribly twisted one, but a comedy none the less.

Ichise, religion became big because people were scared. They were in a world of dark shadows and monster plagued mists. Ignorance finds root in fear; and religion finds root in ignorance (not to call all religious people idiots, but the original foundation of religion was people explaining with God what they could not with science, therefor, it has its foundation in ignorance).

As for the world ending, bullshit. The world ain't gonna end, but the way things are looking, it's gonna be one helluva ride.
                              Last edited by Areskel; 07-17-2006, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X