Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pope's remarks spark controversy amongst the Muslims.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope's remarks spark controversy amongst the Muslims.

Better put this up before someone else inevitably does. Read all about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Be...am_controversy

I am outraged at how the head of the Christianic church could make such insensitive comments about Muslims. Islam is a religion of peace, tolerance and submission, as we are reminded constantly by the worldwide Muslim reaction whenever even a hint of criticism about their faith surfaces to the public eye.
    When reading my posts, please imagine hearing them in Norio Wakamoto's Kaneto Shiozawa's voice.

That was a far cry from "even a hint"; that was down right rude
    Greetz
    Soliber

Comment

That was a far cry from "even a hint"; that was down right rude
      While making threats against Christians and bombing their churches in return is not?
      When reading my posts, please imagine hearing them in Norio Wakamoto's Kaneto Shiozawa's voice.

Comment

he is about to apologise some time later(on CNN), CNN said that he is just quoting some guy and stating that reason and faith can go toghether( i don't see how from that quote). is that his real intention? i don't know since im not religious. it is a possibility that he is just convering the shame that he did that. if he really meant to apologise, it wouldn't matter because people are still going to riot anyways
        Last edited by ChaozXIII; 09-16-2006, 04:52 PM.

I alone am honored by above and below heaven.
        -Gautama Buddha

Comment

"Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."
          And I suppose the Christians never done anything remotely similar. But then the Muslims action of fire-bombing two churches in Nablus does a very poor job of showing that Islam is a religion of peace, tolerance and submission.

Comment

It's the pope you idiots. It's hardly noteworthy that a man that can oppose contraception as a concept can say inflammatory things. F*ck the pope. He also says that I'm going to hell for not bowing to his god. You gotta look at these things and think.

Let's just keep our heads down and do our best to avert WWIII until the day people realise that organised religion is no longer relavant. Maybe then we can have a world free from religious difference and the intolerance it brings, and something like "heaven" may dawn.

we must to find out what to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by Hayeate
              I am outraged at how the head of the Christianic church could make such insensitive comments about Muslims. Islam is a religion of peace, tolerance and submission, as we are reminded constantly by the worldwide Muslim reaction whenever even a hint of criticism about their faith surfaces to the public eye.
              Heh, win.

This world's going fubar. Now people can't even say one bad thing about a holy f*cking war; if it's muslim then it's untouchable. Meanwhile, muslims can say and do anything with the rest because they are poor people with a religion of peace. Religion of peace my ass. The fact they act this way proves it's not.

Then you have the actual wars. When Bush feels like starting a war (which is stupid crap), everybody is outraged. When muslims practice their holy war bull (which is stupid crap), everyone, including the media, especially the media, look aside and pretend it doesn't happen.

What I wonder is, why just islam? What's in it that makes it so likeable that some people will overlook absolutely anything and defend them constantly, even against their victims? I'm trying to understand what could people like in islam, but I just can't find a single reason to like that.
              Last edited by MrWiseman; 09-16-2006, 05:09 PM.
              HF-Incest - keep it within the family! | Note: I'm not a pretentious asshole; my nickname was chosen after a character in Sailor Moon | ██

Comment

Now that the christianity isn't allowed to burn, drown, or in any other way kill you, it kinda lost it's spice <_<
                Religion is just not that important anymore - many people just use it as a cover to do as they please. Like throwing Molotovs at churches. Or going to war.

And yes, Benedict the XVI. just quoted some king who's dead 600 years.
                HF-HENTAI #240

Comment

Originally posted by Hayeate
                  I didn't even need to read the punchline to start laughing.

I saw this earlier, all I can do is laugh. Yet another PR nightmare at the Vatican and the typical over reaction of Muslims all across the world.

Bloodhand, you don't need a reason to throw a molotov at a church

Comment

Originally posted by Pope on dope
                    "Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."
                    Whoa, that really takes the cake... no wonder the Muslims are pissed
                    There the Christian church goes again, showcasing their immense and well-known intolerance toward other religions
                    Guess you could say the same about Christianity if you were so inclined, with all the nasty things it has done
                    That was about as sensitive as an elephant in a porcellaine shop. The situation is already bad enough as is, we really don't need this braindead retard pouring oil into the flames

This just shows once again that religion often only creates hate and intolerance
                    HF-Hentai: Softcore | Hardcore | Yuri | Uniforms (w/ poll) | Tentacles -- Join here!

Most perverted HF member 2007
                    | HF-TypeMoon #9 | HF-Mimikko #55 | HF-[img] #11

Comment

Took a second look at the passages, and feel that there needs to be some clarification on the context. The line in question ("Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached.") was being quoted from a byzantine emperor from back in the days when christians and muslims spent most of their time trying to stick each other with swords and spears and was simply being used as a reference to a dialogue that emperor had with an unnamed educated Persian. This whole thing has blown totally out of proportion...it's like me having a discussion about World War II with someone and quoting something Hitler says. Does that make me a Nazi?

While it's true the Catholic Church is far from the most tolerant of organizations, I don't think they intended to straight up insult Islam. It seems like he was simply trying to explain the fallacy of 'holy war' and the concept of 'forced conversions' to like minded catholics. In all likelyhood, someone at that conference wanted to make a stink, so latched onto a phrase that sounds controversial when taken out of context and started the uproar.

Maybe the pope misunderstood Islam and maybe a lot of what he said is wrong. Regardless, Areskel's right...the Muslims are overreacting. Case in point (a reaction to the pope's statement of clarification/apology):
                      . A representative for the Muslim Brotherhood rejected the Vatican statement, noting "Has he presented a personal apology for statements by which he clearly is convinced? No." [29] Grand Mufti Shaikh Abdul-Azeez ibn Abdullaah Aal ash-Shaikh, Saudi Arabia's highest religious authority, called the pope's declaration "lies", adding that they "show that reconciliation between religions is impossible." [30]
                      Last edited by Bubblemonkey; 09-16-2006, 07:04 PM.

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Comment

All I can say is... Atheism and Deism for the win!
                        I invite you to witness the majesty of the Deus Imperator. The one true God, the Human God of Humanity.

Comment

Religion is the root of all evil.I am always amazed that muslims say they are a religion of peace and tolerance,then do everything they can do prove otherwise.The pope did nothing wrong,but he should have realized how intolerant muslims are and not made them.
                          Cats don't kill their guns do.Beware the cats of doom.

Comment

Step right up! It's the fight of the century, folks!

Battle for the title of "Most Intolerant"
                            Christian Fundamentalists VS. Muslim Fundamentalists

In this corner, we have the Christian fundamentalists! Known for their inhumane tactics of forced conversion throughout history, these guys have a lot of experience going for them. In fact, their track record goes back more then a millennium and they have many crusades to back it up. In addition, these guys have an excellent record of cruelty under the guise of love and peace. Their ideological leader, Jesus, has had more people die in his name than any other person, a feat even Adolf Hitler couldn't outdo! Furthermore, Nazi torture tactics were inspired from these very people! With people like George W. Bush and the Pope along with other rabid psycopaths all over the world making up for their ignorance and lack of intelligence in general, this is one heavy hitting group that's going to be hard to beat!

And in the other corner, the Muslim fundamentalists! A relatively young and hot blooded newcomer who's been showing a lot of promise. These guys may not have as many people as the Christians but their brutally efficient tactics and die-hard devotion more than makes up for it. Cunning strategy and relatively superior intelligence to the Christians has proven them well against their rivals. The Muslims fundamentalists even have a better PR front, showing a stronger sense of unity that's been raking in converts from Christianity. All these recent achievements have been showing a lot of promise in toppling the Christians at their own game. As exemplified by figures like Osama bin-Laden, these guys are ready to give the Christians a run for their money.

You have the two largest idealistically intolerant groups vying for competing interests and you didn't see this coming?
                            Recent Uploads: Yotsunoha (PS2), Suggoi Arcana Heart 2, Shirogane no Soleil (PS2), Sen Goku Hime
                            Recent DDLs: Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito ~Romance~
                            Reseed Requests/DDL Repair: CLICK HERE HERE|||My Requests: (none)

(Image host collapsed; new sig coming soon...)
                            We are the Lolicons. Lower your defenses and surrender yourselves. We will add your viewing and acquisional distinctiveness to our own. Your libido will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. :insert rorikon emoticon here:

Comment

i think these two cuz a massive brawl both is very sensitive.whatever can we just put aside that religion and be peace for a while it seems they didnt get bored fighting each other.but really pope maybe shown his true face by saying that or maybe he already to say so its rather unbelieveable a speech from a pope didnt being checked for sensitivity like insulting another religion.i think rome should open a department to handle every of popo's speech

Comment

Working...
                              X