No announcement yet.

Automatic or Manual?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get a feel for when an automatic clicks over gears and get some shift control that way. Not as much as a manual, but with most cars the difference is pretty trivial anyway. I had friends snorting at my Sonata's automatic, but really, adding manual transmission isn't going to make it that much less mediocre.
    Brevity is the soul of...

My Gallery Since 2008

Comment

Manual gears is the best IMO.
      Like said above, unless in videogames, which I would prefer auto, yet I think i am changing to manual both in RL and videogames.
      "At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go to the same box."

Comment

automatic unless i'm racing, in which case i'd go manual.
        automatic to drive and eat chicken nuggets at the same time.

Comment

auto but do change gears on slopes
          had experience with an old manual, it doesn't even start easily lol.

Comment

I'm learning in manual, but ultimately will probably sticking with automatic.
            It's just so I have the ability to drive a manual should the time come that I need to drive one.

Comment

manual is good

Comment

I would probably never buy an automatic car, but when renting one in foreign places, I actually quite enjoy them.
                They allow me to concentrate more on the unusual circumstances and bringing the car back in one piece.

Comment

Manual transmission are safer in my opinion here is an example i had a automatic and the brakes failed i thought well my
                  only option was to throw it in park so i did but the car kept going luckly it stopped before going in a big ass ditch now if i was
                  driven a stick i would have just downshifted and let the engine slow the car like the jake brake on a semi truck does unless im mistaken their is no engine brake also known as jake brake on a semi truck anyway after the car slows enough throw it in reverse if needed and in a stick if you have a dead battery get it rollin and dump the clutch to start it anyway you won't be doing that in
                  a automatic on the good note for automatic you don't have to worry about stopping on a hill and some dick pulling bumper to bumper anyone who drives a stick knows what i mean and city driving sucks in a manual
                  Last edited by Bones1983; 05-20-2014, 02:14 AM.
                  for my custom AA sound mods post #254
                  http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...Academy/page26

Comment

Auto.

I learnt manual though I could never get used to it. I'm fine with the stick itself, although I'm not dexterous enough to also keep in mind regarding the clutch while my other limbs are on brake/accel, steering and the stick. Sometimes I just wish there's a manual with no clutch since although I drive autos, I actually prefer that I could shift gears as speed sees fit. the gears on autos are insufficient imo and I find that they're not very responsive sometimes.

Though since all I could drive are autos, well so be it.

Comment

Automatic Gears can be useful in cityes, but if you want to have better performances or low consumes manual is the way! Manual for the life!

Comment

Working...
                      X