Vista or Windows 7?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista or Windows 7?

I'm wondering if i should upgrade to vista or windows 7? what would you recommend and why?

I myself want to go to windows 7 but not sure about the cost and all that...
    Vista
    4.57%
    Windows 7
    95.43%

For all thats is good Windows 7

If u get Windows Vista need I say more lol
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code:
    5241-2026-8006

Comment

win 7. it faster and more beautifulll than vista.

Comment

Vista is the bastard child that everyone wants to forget. >_> Windows 7 definitely, I'm certain you can find tons of win 7 vs vista comparisons online for detailed information.
        Koko ni iru.

Comment

Go for Windows 7. I can say that it is a bit faster than Vista, but remember not to waste your money on Win 7 basic edition. A lot of features were cut off, let say u can't change wallpaper unless you install other program or make an upgrade to home edition. There are a few more, but I can't recall what is that.
          sigpic

In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Comment

Originally posted by PureSky View Post
            I'm wondering if i should upgrade to vista or windows 7?
            You should be beaten to death just for asking this... xD

No, Seriously, go for Windows 7. Vista was a kind of "experimental" operating system, it is the base of Win7. On Windows 7, the overall system has been greatly optimized.

Comment

you should find ur driver before install win 7

Comment

Windows 7 is much more stable, faster and can be relay on! But before you switch, make sure your computer is compatible with windows 7

Comment

Originally posted by demonicslayer View Post
                  Go for Windows 7. I can say that it is a bit faster than Vista, but remember not to waste your money on Win 7 basic edition. A lot of features were cut off, let say u can't change wallpaper unless you install other program or make an upgrade to home edition. There are a few more, but I can't recall what is that.
                  I'm guessing your not aware that windows 7 home basic is only available in what are classed as emerging markets (and can only be activated in those regions).

Comment

Windows 7 is way better than Vista. You might want to check if your drivers and programs are compatible with Windows 7 before upgrading. Also, you can try dual booting instead of upgrading. I'm gonna dual boot my hard drive once Battlefield 3 comes out.

Comment

Vista has issues with Page file usage and other blah blah....

Get 7 dude...
                      Your getting a Dell dude...

Comment

That's a no-brainer! Get 7. But make sure you have all necessary drivers. (Graphics, Chipset, Sound, etc.) Browse your PC manufacturer's support site for them, unless your computer's custom built by yourself.

Comment

up to windows 7.Vista is not good.

Comment

Windows 7 is what Vista was supposed to be. They rushed Vista and just did it plain wrong. Vista has a lot more issues than the tiny issues windows 7 has. (No native gif animation play in the windows apps)

Get 7.

Comment

If you have to upgrade go to Windows 7. All Windows 7 is, is a lighter more compact Vista where they took most of the failures of vista (there are a lot) and fixed them.

In terms of running speed it would be Windows XP < Windows 7 < ... < .... < ... Windows Vista (Vista sucks)

You should also take some time to look into 64bit versions of windows because they allow you to use more than 3.2GB of RAM versus 32bit systems.

Comment

Working...
                              X