Will you get Xbox one or PS4? Tell us why

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you get Xbox one or PS4? Tell us why

With both new system releasing soon. I am very interested to know what will hongfire member get.
    So will you get the new Xbox one or Playstation 4? tell us why and what do you think.

Xbox One
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/meet-xbox-one
    xbox

Playstation 4
    http://www.playstation.com/ps4/

XBOX One Playstation 4
    • CPU: low power x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 cores, APU
    • GPU: AMD Radeon APU, 1.23TFLOPS
    • Memory: 8GB DDR3 (5GB available to games)
    • Storage: 500GB HDD
    • Optical Drive (Read only): Blu-ray
    • I/O: 3x USB 3.0 ports
    • Communication: Ethernet, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)
    • Output: HDMI, Optical audio
    Main processor
    • Single-chip custom processor
    • CPU: low power x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 cores
    • GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon™ based graphics engine
    Memory GDDR5 8GB
    Storage size 500GB Hard disk drive.
    BD/DVD Drive (Read Only)
    • BD x 6 CAV
    • DVD x 8 CAV
    Input / Output
    • Super-Speed USBx (USB 3.0) port x 2
    • AUX port x 1
    Networking
    • Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 1
    • IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
    • Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)
    AV Output
    • HDMI out port
    • DIGITAL OUTPUT (OPTICAL) port
    10 June 2013 Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
    Xbox One
    6.42%
    Playstation 4
    49.47%
    Both of them
    6.01%
    None of them
    38.10%
    Last edited by HongFire; 09-11-2013, 03:35 AM.
    What screen resolution are you using in 2016?
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...-using-in-2016

At the beginning of this current generation I found 360 exclusives much more appealing so I got one, but with the passage of time I started to realize that PS3 games would fulfill much better my gamer needs (over all my JRPG or just japan games needs) and I've seen how Sony has offered a wider variety of games. Now I've bought a PS3 to play all those games I've missed this generation.

With this I mean that if new generation is gonna be same, I'll buy a PS4 for sure. There are also two things for me for not getting a XBONE in a future. 1st) It's highly focused on the USA market, that's cool if live there but for me (from Spain) I don't see the point of all those applications about sports, movies or communications. They're not gonna come here, and if they do they'll be completely changed and limited. Even who knows if Kinect is gonna work so smoothly in other languages than English. 2nd) Sony has not only world wide exclusives like Uncharted, God of War, Last of Us, etc, they have also Japanese exclusives which is something very attractive to gamers.

Last, in a personal note, Sony exclusives are much better than Microsoft ones so my money would go to a PS4, but not a in near future, that's for sure.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_293080_1467446443955_602[/ATTACH]

Comment

I'd say eventually I'll probably get both(depending on exclusives), however that's in the far future. PS4 is 100% the console I'll buy first though. As Juas mentioned the Xbone's desire to be an all-in-one type of Media console sort of bothers me. I'd prefer for the main focus to be on good games. This generation has definitely been better on the Sony side for exclusives as well as a wider variety of games so hopefully if they continue that's what I plan on getting for the future. Although I will wait for really exciting games to be released... which is why I'm waiting to pick up Wii U till Bayonetta 2 or something equally impressive is released.

Then of course the hundred dollar price difference where you don't need the motion controls feature for the PS4 and therefore it will be cheaper.

Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness.

Comment

I am going to save up first but I think the first console I will get would be PS4 but I will wait maybe 6 month or 1 year till the price drop before I can get it. it's way too expansive now. But it's not important for me because I haven't touch my ps3 for more than 1 year or 2 haha So I will just wait till there is some kind of special deal going on before I get an PS4.
        What screen resolution are you using in 2016?
        http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...-using-in-2016

Comment

PS4. The Xbox One just had too many features I do not want to pay extra for, such as the Kinect; and it always online feature was a deal breaker as well, even though they changed their minds I'm still wary that won't change their mind again. Plus the Xbox One don't really have too many great exclusive games (Halo is starting to lose it luster in my eyes).
          sigpic
          Feel free to add me in Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShadowRFox/

Comment

PS4. The Xbox One is too expensive for me and I'm still under budget.
            sigpic
            The guns and crank in this area go through Trevor Philips Enterprises, or they ain't going!

Comment

who voted for xbox1?
              Rule #6: Observe Signature & Avatar Guidelines.

Signatures, avatars and personal photos are to be appropriate content for all ages and within our specified limits. Signature limits: 700 pixels in width, 150 pixels in height and 100kb max in combined images overall and/or a maximum 5 lines of text with a font size of 1 is allowed. Invalid signatures can and most likely will be removed without warning.

Comment

The dinguses, that's who.
                sigpic
                The guns and crank in this area go through Trevor Philips Enterprises, or they ain't going!

Comment

I see no reason to buy an overpriced DVR, weaker processor, DRM ladden machine. X360 has some good title, but overall, I prefer a system which last longer. With a better GPU and GDDR5, PS4 is built to last for years. My old GPU only has half the FLOPs and it can runs most games on 1080p on medium to high, and it's like 3 years old.

so yeah, PS4
                  If my enemy is a magical girl, I will not stand in awe as she goes airborne, drops all of her clothes, and starts spinning in preparation to transform. I will wait until her regular clothes are gone, then yank her down and start fighting. If her shock at my breaking the Law of Uninterruptable Metamorphosis doesn't paralyze her, the fact that she's in her birthday suit will.
                  If I Ever Become an Anime Villain, an Evil-Overlord-inspired list.

Comment

this generation wont have exclusives for long.
                    both consoles are so close to being PCs that building emulators will be a lot easier.
                    and any multiplayer games are going to be nothing but reskins of older games that already exist anyway.
                    free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
                    ~ Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Comment

I already ditched the last generation, my last console was PS2, big title game these days gets boring and expansive, better spend my money else where like buy some Japanese PSP games.
                      Rule #6: Observe Signature & Avatar Guidelines.

Signatures, avatars and personal photos are to be appropriate content for all ages and within our specified limits. Signature limits: 700 pixels in width, 150 pixels in height and 100kb max in combined images overall and/or a maximum 5 lines of text with a font size of 1 is allowed. Invalid signatures can and most likely will be removed without warning.

Comment

unfortunately, I have to say PS4 since my brother demands it for a minuscule range of games he's interested in. If it was up to me, I won't get one at all.

Comment

float reasonable price = 250.00f;
                          float GPU_save = (8*100)+60;

If (( ps4 + great_title) == isTrue)
                          {
                          printf("Ill buy the PS4 when the price drops to %d\n", reasonable_price);
                          purchase_console(1);
                          return;
                          }
                          else
                          {
                          printf("Ill stick with my PC and buy a crazy set of 800 series GPUs with the %d I saved up off of recycling cans!", GPU_save);
                          return 0;
                          }
                          // There is nothing remarkable about either console that distinguishes them to becoming absolutely necessary to enjoy the videogames I like to play...with the exception of the PS4's controler

Comment

For now I'm not interested in either of them. The exclusives annouuced don't interest me, and if they follow the trend started with the "old gen" the vast majority of titles will be multiplatform. If both consoles have the same games, what's the difference between buying one or the other? It's basically buying the same thing at different prices. I think I'll wait and see when an exclusive that can make a REAL difference (i.e.: The Last of Us for PS3) will come out, and then decide.
                            Last edited by Rammi; 09-12-2013, 04:17 AM.
                            "Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, `if you only walk long enough." - The Cheshire Cat

"All around the Sta-actus plant, the stalker chased the bandit, the stalker thought 'twas all in fun - POP! Goes the bandit!" - Tiny Tina

Comment

Originally posted by Rammi View Post
                              For now I'm not interested in either of them. The exclusives annouuced don't interest me, and if they follow the trend started with the "old gen" the vast majority of titles will be multiplatform. If both consoles have the same games, what's the difference between buying one or the other? It's basically buying the same thing at different prices. I think I'll wait and see when an exclusive that can make a REAL difference (i.e.: The Last of Us for PS3) will come out, and then decide.
                              It's true that most games are multiplatform and at the beginning I thought the same, but now I see clearly that at least the exclusives of PS3 are much more appealing than the 360 ones, so there you have a difference.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_293080_1467446443955_602[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                              X