One Piece

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Piece

Anyone here reading the One piece manga?

I just finished reading 385. I can't wait for these fights to get underway Water 7/Enies Lobby is turning out to be one of my favorite arcs yet.

Who do you guys think is gonna be the new nakama the pirates get? For me i feel like the choice is gonna be Franky, but there is a slim chance paulie could be chosen too.

Can't wait for 386.

still at Vol 38, since i bought the manga and didn't download it from the net. Well, the new nakama most likely should be Franky, since he's much more an interesting character than Paulie.
    (1. he's a "rare species", similar to Chopper. 2. He's got the potential to have MANY moves depending on what weapons he installed in inself. 3. Paulie is most likely the successor to Iceberg.)

And seeing the friendship between Usopp and Franky, and the likelihood of Franky joining in the crazy fun-loving gang of Luffy, Usopp & Chopper, there's no doubt in it. Somemore, since Franky is the disciple of the great shipbuilder merman (forgot his name), and he LOVES to strengthen and modify the ship by adding more weapons and armor, he's an invaluable member.

With his fighting abilities, he's also in the ranks of the strongest in the Straw hat pirates. According to what I see, he is on par with Sanji and is more versatile in the same way as Chopper (with Rumble Ball).

Yes, finally the Straw Hat pirates are going to fight the Grand Line navy (but maybe not so deep til the headquarters. Luffy will definitely lose against Sengoku and the three generals) and declare war against the world government to save Nicole Robin. man, it's going to be so touching!!! (*tears dropping)

With the end of this arc, Nicole Robin will surely be the undisputed member of the Straw Hat pirates, similar to what happened with Nami in the Arlong arc. (tears dropping down again...)

Oda-sensei is just so good in creating stories that make you cry and laugh at the same time.
    The way to get rid of darkness is with light;
    The way to overcome cold is with heat;
    The way to overcome the negative thought is to substitute the good thought.
    Affirm the good, and the bad will vanish.

Comment

Umm, yup yup agreement all around One Piece is very underrated in my opinion, Naruto shows how easy it is for a shounen type manga to trip up. It's so simple to succeed at being merely "okay" in the genre, but so difficult to be great. And One Piece is great! I haven't seen too much of the anime, but plan on grabbing it sooner or later. I'm looking forwards to how the fight against those assassin guys shapes up. The Straw Hat team really got beat down the first time, but like they said now that they know Nico Robin was being cooerced the true strength shall appear

This is just a vague theory I have, but do you think Usopp might be related to the carpenter / bad guy with the same nose? It would be cool if they were, seems like not too many characters have living relatives.
      "There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery."

Comment

Originally posted by Karis Fra Mauro
        This is just a vague theory I have, but do you think Usopp might be related to the carpenter / bad guy with the same nose? It would be cool if they were, seems like not too many characters have living relatives.
        I don't think he is related, the long nose is definitlly similar to Usopp's but, it is squared off on the end. Usopp's long nose trait takes after his mother, who died when he was young. Kaku seems about the same age as usopp and if he was related, kaku probably would have been in the flashbacks when usopps mother died or mentioned at least once usopp as a brother he had to find.
        As for the living relatives:
        Luffy: Portagus D. Ace, (I think Marshall D. Teach is related somehow)
        Sanji and Zoro: Never showed brothers or sisters but if i remember correctlly thier parents are aren't existant.
        Nami: She has her sister (i think her name was Nojiko) back home.
        Chopper: Has his "animal" family that he was exiled from. Also has Dr. Kureha as "family"
        Usopp: Has Yasopp as a living father relative. His mother is dead and has no known brothers/sisters
        Robin: I believe she was an orphan

Comment

I love the way one piece builds up, and how the author has given it enough space to evolve rather than the usual beat a strong boss, then an even stronger one pops up out of nowhere *cough* bleach *cough*. The most interesting thing for me in the series is zoro's quest to become the strongest swordsman, he freaking owns
          I havn't been keeping up with the manga, I usually catch up once a month or so, the anime is pretty good btw, once you get used to the voice actors. There's a lot of filler but because OP is so crazy it fits in quite well.

Comment

i like the manga alot more then the anime. im currently on vol 29, damn classes taking time from reading manga!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ethrinil
              I don't think he is related, the long nose is definitlly similar to Usopp's but, it is squared off on the end. Usopp's long nose trait takes after his mother, who died when he was young. Kaku seems about the same age as usopp and if he was related, kaku probably would have been in the flashbacks when usopps mother died or mentioned at least once usopp as a brother he had to find.
              Hmm, I had forgotten whether it was the mother or the father he got that from, it's been a while I guess Dang, you're right it would pretty much have to be from the dad in order for it to work. It seems like Kaku is amongst the more honorable of his group, so he's kind of sympathetic. I think back in the Crocodile / Bib (Vivi?) storyline Crododile mentioned how it's possible to refine devil fruit abilities into advanced uses, probably like how Chopper uses those rumble ball things. Since this is clearly shaping up to be a disgustingly tough fight, it might be about time Luffy worked on something other than just punching / hitting skills. Umm, since rubber can kind of stick together, maybe something along the lines of healing?

I like how they've got this sort of archeological mystery going on with the true history of the world too. Raises the whole story up a notch from just the usual fighting for friendship or whatever. That kind of thing is nice and all, but has really been done to death if you ask me.

Comment

Aren't luffy the son of Gol D Roger....?

Comment

They've hinted at some sort of relationship, but based on what I've seen in the manga no confirmation. An interesting possibility though. Maybe they've covered it more in the anime? Anyway the only obvious connection between Monkey D. Luffy and Gold D. Roger is the middle intial. For now...

Comment

one must also remember that Luffy had that flash of the same snicker Roger had when he was about to be beheaded.....
                    totally fell off my chair when he was totally immune to the lightning that dude could throw out at the skypia arc.... -_-|| and Luffy had no idea what happened....
                    HF-Guilty Gear member
                    May 6P melts your face!

Comment

Originally posted by lueffy
                      Aren't luffy the son of Gol D Roger....?
                      No he isn't the son of Gol D. Roger.
                      The exact reasoning is this:
                      Gol D. Roger was executed 20-22 years prior to when the story is taking place now. Luffy is only like 16 years old there is no way that he can be his son.
                      If you have read the manga past the Skypiea Arc, a few things have been said.
                      [SPOILER]
                      1. Gan Fall to Nico Robin: (The first god of Skypiea) Close to the end of the arc said (chapter 301 page 16)"Miss... That boy wearing the Straw Hat... He reminds me of Roger, are they related? Or are my Senses getting dull with age?
                      Robin: "His name is 'Monkey D. Luffy', I think he is an interesting person.
                      Gan Fall: <Shocked> " 'D.'... I see. They have the same Initial... Is that why they are so similar...? HAHAHAHAHA..."
                      Robin: "Perhaps... Or, Perhaps the connection between them is another 'Lost History'..."
                      2. Also sometime after the Skypeia Arc, i remember someone saying that Luffy was the Grandson or someone said something that indicated he was Gol D. Roger's Grandson. I can't remember where i read that, but i know i did and i know it was in the manga after the or right at the very end of the Skypiea Arc.

[SPOILER]

Comment

Just for everyone's information, according to baka updates chapter 383 got released Of course it's only for irc for now I guess, but I don't mind waiting for a few days for it to be available via download... Another thing I like about One Piece is how so much seems to happen in each chapter. Every page has so much detail and action, it compares very well to Gantz for example. Much as I like Gantz, it does seem to kind of drag how things get stretched out.

Comment

yeah i'm reading the manga of one piece but i'll want to watch the episodes on tv i have vol 1 2 3 & 4

Comment

Originally posted by Karis Fra Mauro
                            Just for everyone's information, according to baka updates chapter 383 got released Of course it's only for irc for now I guess, but I don't mind waiting for a few days for it to be available via download... Another thing I like about One Piece is how so much seems to happen in each chapter. Every page has so much detail and action, it compares very well to Gantz for example. Much as I like Gantz, it does seem to kind of drag how things get stretched out.

That was a good chapter, i can't wait for chapter 386... i need to see from where they left off in a certain fight...

Comment

well, with that event, we are sure that he's on the correct route.
                              The way to get rid of darkness is with light;
                              The way to overcome cold is with heat;
                              The way to overcome the negative thought is to substitute the good thought.
                              Affirm the good, and the bad will vanish.

Comment

Working...
                              X